“State Finals”
Review of Grizzly Den Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Anaconda
Grizzly Den Motel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Anaconda
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Grizzly Den was recommended as a nice place to stay in Anaconda. The cabins are a little cramped for my taste and the parking is very limited but the rooms were comfortable. Each room has its own tankless hot water system which tends to be a little noisy during the night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Grizzly Den Motel

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The Grizzly Den Motel is one of those interesting small town hotels that is worth staying at in a town of few choices! When you get there don’t be put off by a bunch of cabins packed in on a small lot. It is much better than it looks. Check in was good and friendly but they will probably not be in the office so ring the bell. It’s small town Montana, get used to it!
The rooms are surprisingly nice and large! Each cabin is split into two units yet they are quiet. The beds are firm and everything was clean and worked.
The coffee and breakfast thing they do in the office will only get you going enough until you can get to some real food and coffee. The parking is very tight and some people park on the street. It is an odd set up but it works. I stayed 3 nights and everything was fine and the people are friendly and helpful. I would stay here again and the price was right!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank LightingBolts
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I heard about the Grizzly Den Motel from a friend that stay's there when he golfs at the Old works golf course. When I told him I was going to Montana to hunt in the area around Anaconda, he told me I had to stay at the Grizzly Den. After staying there, I know why he said I had to stay at the Grizzly Den. Anna Lisa the temporary manager was very informative on the area, and a great pleasure to converse with, she kept the rooms sparkling clean, and was training a new manager that had just moved from Oregon. The rooms are spacious, with different themes in each room, I stayed in the cowboy room decorated with very nice western art. All in all just a very nice experience, the beds I think were more comfortable then the bed I have at home, the only place to stay in Anaconda.

Room Tip: Room #8 is the master suite a little more expensive but next time I will book that room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Surprisingly clean, comfortable and each unit is decorated in a theme, snow sports, fishing, golf, etc. I highly recommend this little property. Lots of unique touches. There is a light breakfast included. Great deal!

Room Tip: Not shown here is the snow sports themed room. 2 queen beds, very nice. If you need two rooms, get t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Patricia G
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The Grizzly Den Motel in Anaconda, Mt was selected because the other places we stopped at had no vacancies. This motel is a group of new "double cabin" type rooms...two individual rooms making up one cabin. There is about 8 or 10 rooms situated on a corner city lot. There is nothing else on the property but the cabins and asphalt parking areas. Each cabin is "themed"...we were in the bowling theme room. Very nice, very new, very clean and spacious. This was just an overnight stay so it more than met our needs. I'd give it 3 1/2 stars and would stay here again if passing through.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Randyfish
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Annalise at the front desk was great! This is a quaint locally owned motel. The rooms were exceptionally clean and comfy. The beds were fabulous and the rooms very quiet! We loved this spot even though we had never heard of Anaconda, Mt! A definite must-stop spot. And close to the BEST place for pizza, The Hafbrau! You gotta go!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank cgbeck
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

At first I wasn't sure about this small place. What a great surprise. The room was large well equipped and extremely clean. We stayed in a ski themed room. Very cute decorations including the crutches with ski boots

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank bookie46
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaconda
Finlen Hotel and Motor Inn
#4 of 5 in Anaconda
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#10 of 15 in Butte

Been to Grizzly Den Motel? Share your experiences!