“Clean motel centrally located/ friendly attentive owners”
Review of Marcus Daly Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Anaconda
Marcus Daly Motel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Anaconda
Port Orange, Florida
“Clean motel centrally located/ friendly attentive owners”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I have traveled the U.S and abroad extensively for my job and pleasure, On a Ski trip to Discovery Mountain for the 1st time in 2010 my wife and I stumbled in to the Marcus Daly after having a unpleasant stay at a place in Philipsburg. We were immediately greeted by the friendly owner Faye who went into great detail on the cleaning process for each room, This was music to our ears,
The Marcus Daly is a Mom/Pop type motel, it is not your typical chain Motel/Hotel. The rooms are large and uncluttered and contain air/heat, cable flat screen TV, wireless internet, microwave, re-fridge and very clean comfortable beds! Not to mention a very clean bathroom/shower area.
This is my 3rd stay here at the Marcus Daly and I plan on returning.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Todd L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My company booked me a room here when I had to work overnight in Anaconda. It was a pleasant surprise. The owner was so nice! She kept commenting on their great showers and new comfy mattresses. She was right! The rooms were so clean it made me embarrassed to think about my house! I even took a bath in the tub without feeling the need to scrub it with the bleach wipes I brought! All rooms have a microwave and refrigerator. I have offered to work in Anaconda again just to have the chance to stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Our_MT_Life
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 6 August 2011

The Marcus Daly is an older motel with large rooms, air conditioning, microwave, cable tv, refrigerator, and comfortable beds. The room was spotless and within easy walking distance of restaurants and shopping, and very reasonably priced. The owner Faye is very friendly and helpful.

We had stayed the night before in Phillipsburg at the Kaiser House which was an overpriced swelteringly hot tourist trap nightmare, so the Marcus Daly was an Oasis for us. I would recommend anyone visiting Phillipsburg drive the extra 30 miles to Anaconda and stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelingman1945
helena, mt
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We always stay here when we're in Anaconda. It's a landmark in Anaconda. Older but always clean. The rooms are big and roomy with comfy new mattresses, pillows and nice linens and towels. The shower is the old fashioned kind with lots of pressure! Big new flat screen tv if that matters to you. The owners are so friendly and will fix you up with anything you might need. The hotel was full for reunions and Art in the Park weekend, but all was quiet and in working order. We'll be back whenever we need to stay in Anaconda.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank islandgirllil
Montana
Reviewed 18 July 2011

It's nice to be able to get some helpful reviews when traveling to a small town like Anaconda. The Marcus Daley is a great place to stay: immaculately clean, friendly, helpful owner and reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank tenmiletraveler
Helena Mt
Reviewed 16 February 2011

We went to Fairmont with my brother and his children. (4 adults, 7 children total). The state wrestling tournament was in Butte so there was nothing in Butte to rent. I had to settle for Anaconda and we were glad we did. This place is very small and quaint. It has an inclosed parking lot and the owner lives on site. It is not under a chain flag so she gets to do whatever she wants with her rooms and they are nice. All beds were quality pillowtop mattresses and the bathroom was very clean and bright. In the morning my wife asked me if I was cold because I had the blankets pulled all the way up to my chin and I was snuggled up. Nope I was extremely comfortable. I slept like a rock. I dont sleep like that on my own damn bed

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank chriswagner
Leeds, UK
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I must admit I'm a little confused by the other reviews on trip advisor on the Marcus Daly which does make me wonder if we had a particularly 'bad' room (not that it was that bad even) compared to what everyone else says.

We arrived here late on a very rainy night and were glad to get the very last room (hence me now wondering if it was left until last to fill for a reason?). We were greeted by the lovely lady who runs the place and made to feel very welcome.

If anything the room was just a little too large which made it feel a little bare and slightly souless. Compared to the other motels we stayed at on our trip (all chosen from trip advisor reviews) it was just not quite up to the standard of the others we selected.

However, it served us well for a nice quiet night which was all we needed, and the friendly greeting was just great!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaconda
Finlen Hotel and Motor Inn
Comfort Inn of Butte
Comfort Inn of Butte
#4 of 15 in Butte
Fairmont Hot Springs Resort

Been to Marcus Daly Motel? Share your experiences!