“Good value for a basic "no frills" hotel”

Budget Host Ken's Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Aurora
Budget Host Ken's Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aurora
“Good value for a basic "no frills" hotel”
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Expect just the basics but a clean, neat and quiet place to stay.
Just as good or better than the basic Super 8's we have stayed at.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank travvelmore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hewitt, Texas
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Room was very nice. Bed was comfortable room was clean. Stayed three nights and was very pleased with service and price. Very nice small town USA.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Richard S
Brandon, South Dakota
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I have no idea what Ken's Motel the Conroys stayed at - but it certainly was a much different experience for me! I have traveled for business my entire adult life and have stayed in hundreds of hotels across the midwest. All I can say is - I wish there was a Ken's Budget Host in every town I travel to. Granted - it is not the Hilton with white robes and gold plated faucets - but has spacious rooms, with full size refrigerators, comfotable bed, new carpet and was very clean. The rate was surprisingly low. I would defineately recommend Ken's in Aurora, NE.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Jared K
Scranton, Iowa
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Upon calling to reserve a room we were told that we could use our corporate rate, however upon check in the desk clerk was very rude and informed us there was only one rate and if we did not like it we could stay somewhere else. We were given a key to a room that did not work, after attempting several different keys the desk clerk finally came and tried it herself. I guess you had to lift up on the handle while turning the key to get in. After opening the door she disgustedly turned around to walk away. When we entered the room, the beds were not even made, all the bedding was just piled on top. We called her back, she gave us another room. There were hair balls in the corners of the bathrooms, pubic hairs in the tub and on the toilet, as well as feces on the underside of the toilet seat. It had a nasty musty smell. The floors also were in dire need of being vacuumed. I will never stay at this motel again, and would HIGHLY recommend that if you plan to stay in Aurora, choose another motel. I visit Aurora frequently to see my mother and this place lost my business FOREVER!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank TheConroys
Waunakee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Clean, good-sized room, with full-size refrigerator, no-smoking room (big plus), across the street from a nice town park. I hope we find more like this on our trip.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Zuum
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2011

What a fantastic motel this is. It is a family run motel where they have the utmost pride in maintaining spotless rooms.

The room was extremely clean and comfortable, internet available in lobby. The room itself was definitely above average and remodelled to a very good quality.

Only thing to mention was that I found the motel a bit hard to find as it is off the highway in a residential area. Other than that I would recommend this motel to anyone in an instant.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank PhilUSA2010
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 30 March 2011

The motel grounds appeared to be clean and neat. The room looked like it was recently re-furbished with good carpet, wall paper, lamp shades, and bedspreads. There was a flat screen tv and a large home sized refrigerator. We did think the matresses were a bit firm, but that is a matter of preference. Really, the only fault was a bathtub that drained slowly and could leave you in ankle deep water after a shower. Being in a small town, traffic noise is not a problem; it was quiet. At $48.00 a night it truely is a good value.

Room Tip: The rooms face east, west, and south, your choice