“TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Meredith, New Hampshire
“TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

What a GREAT restaurant!!!! Prices are great and the food is even GREATER!!! Good portion size for the money. I had so much, I had to take the rest home. Definitely will go back!!

1 Thank Tina C

Key Largo, Florida
“YUM! YUM! YUM!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Here is the scoop. If you live within 15 miles of The Woodlands, you are just so grateful for inventive, quality, casual dining. And affordable....Really. We have been there twice since they opened. The food is excellent, they have done a great job taking the old William Tell and updating it. The service is great, almost too great. Both times we have been, our entrees have arrived seconds after we finished our appetizer. This is better than the opposite but perhaps a pause would be a nice addition to the service. The only reason for not giving five stars.

Order: the mussels( in my opinion with the white wine garlic sauce), the calamari, the chicken Francaise, the tournedors Rossini, the shrimp cocktail with the homemade sauce AND if they have it on the menu the Sticky Toffee Pudding!!! I don't even like sweets but this stuff is amazing.

• Visited August 2013
New Hampshire
“Food was decent but the service will keep you from going back”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We've tried the place three times - once for just drinks, twice for dinner. We always sat in the bar area.

Our first visit for drinks was terrible. The bartender ignored us for 15 minutes (we were the only ones there), and after complainnig loudly to another worker, he left. He may have even quit. We were told he had a "family emergency", and were finally offered drinks from someone else. We chalked it up to one bad employee and gave it another try.

The second time, the service could have been better, staff could have been friendlier, but all in all, it was pretty good. We were thrilled to have a new place to visit, and we liked the food.

Third time changed all that.

This time, we sat at a table in the bar. There were three employees behind the bar (including whom I believe to be the manager or owner), yet we were ignored for at least 15 minutes. There was only one couple sitting at the bar and one table of two, so believe me, no one was busy. It was identical to our first visit.

We just sat there, catching the eye of anyone working, yet we were totally neglected. My boyfriend ended up going to the bar and asked for a wine list; it took two people to give us one, and it was missing the entire white wine page. Despite acknowledging our presence, we were still ignored. We were literally pushing our chairs back to leave when someone finally came over. So....we stayed.

We ordered a bottle of wine, appetizers, and dinner. Our experience was identical to Lynn377. We didn't have our appetizers for five minutes before they came out with our entrees. Our server obviously figured out we weren't ready for them yet, so she took them back. Two minutes later, someone else came out with them again - not knowing we had already rejected them once. Apparently the chef wanted them out of their window, so like it or not, we had to take them. When we told her we were already offered them once, she rolled her eyes, but didn't apologize.

By the time we got to our dinner, the meat was cold and, like Lynn377 the pork was tough as leather. My steak was ordered medium rare, but it was well done. When the bartender/server asked us how the food was, we told her it was cold and tough. She apologized for the experience, but we were charged the full bill, not offered a free drink or dessert or anything.

The only employee that really made you feel welcomed was the hostess, and I can say that for all three visits. Everyone else is either dazed and confused, or completely indifferent to their dinner guests. You are made to feel like an inconvenience.

We will never go back, period.

3 Thank dcoleman28
Albany,OR.
“An awesome meal with excellant service!!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I visited Woodlands Tavern with a group of family last weekend to celebrate my parents 64th Wedding Anniversary. We were a large group that consisted of Aunts, Uncles, Nieces, Grandparents, Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren. We were given an awesome table and upon seating we were treated to a Mother deer & her 2 fawns grazing in the back yard. Very Cool!! I had the Pan Seared Salmon in a dill wine sauce. I was cooked perfect & the sauce complimented the dish perfectly. Other members of our party had the Lamb & the Beef Chasseur. I was able to taste both and would have either one on a return visit. They were both delicious. The Chocolate Kahlua Tiramisu was my choice for dessert and it was awesome. Our server Layla was so nice & provided great service. Chef Eric stopped by our table to see how everything was. That was nice!! I look forward to my next trip back from Oregon to visit family . We will surely be meeting again at the Woolands Tavern. Thanks for the memories!!

1 Thank Scott N
Lake George, NY
“AMAZING food - great service and ambiance”
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We were fortunate enough to enjoy an AMAZING dinner at Woodlands Tavern tonight! We were a big group and everyone gushed about their dishes! I had a marinated seafood salad for appetizer, while others had delicious onion soup, calamari, and salad. While the kiddos had a BLT and creamy Mac n cheese for dinner, I had venison osso bucco, and was pleased to have a bite of rack of lamb, duck breast, filet mignon, and perfectly cooked scallops - all soooooo good! Dessert? A delish toblerone martini for me while others had creme brûlée, tiramisu, cappuccino, etc - we all tried each others and yum! Our server was smart, attentive and friendly - Layla - thanks Woodlands Tavern for an excellent experience all around!

Visited September 2013