“A True Gem, A Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Highland Lake Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Andover
Highland Lake Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Andover B&B and Inns
Rockville Centre, New York
“A True Gem, A Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

The Highland Lake Inn is wonderful, mostly because of the wonderful couple that owns it. I stayed at the HIghland Lake Inn by myself, while traveling for work. As a 22 year old woman, the inn exceeded all of my needs and expectations. Pecco and Gail did everything they could to make my stay as comfortable as possible. The inn is located in a beautiful part of New Hampshire, with a great view of the lake it overlooks. Not only is the location beautiful, but the inside of the inn is decorated and kept perfectly. All of the rooms in the inn are charming. Guests are served a delicious breakfast in a lavish dining room. My room (Blake) was beautiful, as are all the rooms, equipped with a bathroom, shower, and TV. The bed was probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in, dressed in fine linens. Everything was immaculately clean. The inn has the feel of a charming home, while also having a great deal of privacy for guests. Pecco and Gail are a pleasure, always making guests feel at home. Pecco is absolutely wonderful- he has a great sense of humor and always a great story to share. They were so kind and personable that I left New Hampshire feeling that I had made two new friends. Their dogs, Nikki and Jeter, are also adorable and endearing. I had such a great stay at the Highland Lake Inn that I NEVER WANTED TO LEAVE!!! I would highly recommend it for any family, couple, group, or person. It is a true gem, as are the couple that owns it.

Room Tip: Pecco and Gail will help you find the perfect room to fit your needs.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Annie M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Liege, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

Looking back at our trip through New England last october, we all agreed that our stay at Mr and Mrs Beaufays would remain the best souvenir. A warm welcome when we arrived after a day drive, the comfort of our rooms nicely decorated with excellent beds and the next morning, after an early walk around the beautiful Highland Lake, the best breakfast with fresh fruits, eggs and croissants. We felt as home. Will definitely go back on next visit to the family.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We recently returned from a 10 day trip through the New England states where we stayed in several B&B Inns. We enjoyed all of them particularly now during the colorful peak season of Indian Summer.
The one really outstanding inn, however, was the Highland Lake Inn in Andover, N.H.
The Inn Keepers, Pecco and Gail Beaufays, made us feel at home the minute we arrived. Their warm welcome and reception during our stay, the quality of the Inn from the cozy clean rooms with highest quality Italian bed sheets, French bathroom amenities to the delicious breakfast with fresh fruits, homemade juices, croissants and rolls made our stay a truly memorable event. There was never a dull or boring moment since Pecco understands to entertain his guests with his never ending great sense of humor, his international experience especially in the hospitality industry, and his talent to tell interesting and amusing stories. The beautiful Highland Lake Inn with its gracious innkeepers deserves our highest marks. Thanks for a wonderful time!
WAULI/NYC

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

The first time I stayed at the Highland Lake Inn was about two years ago, with the rest of my family. After that, I stayed at this wonderful bed and breakfast alone a couple times in the past two years.
The rooms are spacious, clean, and aesthetically pleasing. Pecco, the innkeeper, usually cooks breakfast and dinner (on demand). Not only is he a hilarious and warm human being, but he is also an impeccable cook. Because of Gail and Pecco's sincere and amiable welcome, both my family and I very quickly felt at home (and trust me, it's not easy to make Moroccans feel at home in New Hampshire)!
I would also like to quickly address some of the negative reviews who seem to describe Pecco as a "strange and inappropriate" character. Yes, Pecco is quite strange, in every wonderful way possible, but in no way is he inappropriate. He is absolutely hilarious, and he has made me, my family, and other clients, cry of laughter more than once!
If you are looking for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or some alone time, this is the place to go. You will sleep on pristine sheets and beds that feel like clouds. You will eat exquisite food. You will enjoy the sights around this great bed and breakfast. And last, but not least, you will feel at home with the help of the hospitable innkeepers who genuinely care about your comfort and tranquility.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

We have stayed at many B&B over the years. Our introduction to Highland Lake Inn was highly unusual, to say the least. The owner, Pecco, greeted us at the door. The first thing he said was "I hope that your wife treats you as well as she has treated me." I agreed and he quickly responded "I'll bet she always gets what she wants." His immediate familiarity and comments seemed very presumption to me.

Without showing us our room or the breakfast area, as a way of further introduction, he immediately requested payment, preferably in cash. This seemed a bit peculiar and unusual for a Bed and Breakfast.

Upon seeing our room, I complimented the fireplace. He then began to tell us a story about how he had entered the bedroom unannounced to find a naked couple who had set off the smoke alarm, while describing the position of the man's naked butt, relative to the fireplace hearth. A very strange response and a story that my wife and I did not need to hear about.

As he left the room, my wife asked for a key to our room. He responded, "There is no need for a key. This is one big happy house. I stay down the hallway and I am the only one who will enter your room." He then walked away. We discussed the oddities of this and other remarks he had made within the first 10 minutes of our introduction. However, this was the only vacancy that we had found, so we proceeded to get our luggage from our car.

My wife asked again for a key to our room - which he produced. He then unnecessarily followed us through the living room and out the front door telling us that he had 11 more keys to our room and he could enter our room whenever he wanted.
We both felt so uncomfortable at his inappropriate remarks that, we immediately requested to check out even though we were far from home with no other place to stay. When requesting our refund, he defended his comments, as "trying to be friendly and funny." I guess that all depends on your sense of humor.
We were fortunate to find an antique Inn which had been recently renovated with beautiful rooms, restaurant and lounge at half the price. I would strongly recommend the Tilton Inn in downtown Tilton, NH.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Simplicity44
highlandlake, Owner at Highland Lake Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Our responses to your qualms are the following.
1. Consistent with worldwide lodging industry practices and procedures, we do request payment upon check-in; we do record credit card info upon reservation to guarantee rooms for guests and to ensure forthcoming payment should guests depart without remembering to settle the room charges.
2. In lieu of credit card charge fees, we also extend a 5% discount to guests for payment by check or cash. Your response to this was to insist upon a double-triple discount. Fortunately, you were able to find accommodations within your price range.
3. Keys: Usually, our guests feel secure in our home, and find no need for a key to the room, but they are offered if requested.
4. Indeed, your wife, who called several days ahead of time to reserve a room, was very charming and friendly during our phone conversation. I even made an exception for her to book a single night during a 2 night minimum weekend. Upon arrival, I was pleased to meet her and to extend the same friendliness to you. Evidently, your demeanor this day was quite different from hers.
5.Furthermore, I regret if you misinterpreted and felt offended by my banter with you... English is, after all, my third language, and most people forgive my European humour.... Vive la différence!
Wishing you both much happiness.
Pecco Beaufays
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

My husband and I just came back from spending 3 nights (celebrating our anniversary) at the Highland Lake inn and we had a wonderful time! The rooms are very clean, the sheets are immaculate snow white and the owners of the inn are fabulous! We truly felt like we were at home, and among family without the responsibilities of our daily lives. Based on Pecco's recommendations, we went on a perfect walk, climbed a small mountain, and went out for a delicious dinner and these were just the bare minimum of the possible activities at or near the inn. If you are looking for a relaxing, romantic getaway, do not wait to make a reservation, just do it and you will thrilled that you did! We can't wait to return!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank B0st0nS
ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

Our family just spent two wonderful nights at the Highland Lake Inn. We went on Pecco's recommended 4.5 mile run, had the best eggs for breakfast and the tea selection was word class. What else can we say? Will be back next summer!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank l05mbm1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andover
Hampton Inn and Suites Tilton
Follansbee Inn
Follansbee Inn
#1 of 3 in Sutton
Black Swan Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Highland Lake Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!