“A three day soujourn at the Highland Lake Inn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Andover
Highland Lake Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Andover B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A three day soujourn at the Highland Lake Inn”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The HLI run by Pecco and Gail Beaufays is an interesting stop-over for many reasons. The surroundings of the lake were beautiful, the room was adequate without air, the TV was small and there was little drawer space so we used the cases. The bed was very comfortable and the noises from the shower were entertaining as my wife learned how to use the rather eclectic shower controls. Breakfasts were cooked by Pecco himself and the choice was eggs, or eggs with fruit juice, fruit with bread and jam. Pecco enlivened the proceedings by tales of old laced with political incorrectness and for dessert, his visions of the future. To be fair, the cooking was good.
He gave us good advice about the local town of Franklin where we found a Laundromat and a wonderful Thai restaurant. My Green Curry was really first class as was my wife's Sweet and Sour Chicken.
This is a friendly B and B and we rather enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Harry233

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Hi my boyfriend booked this room without my knowledge, I would not of picked this place to stay. For the price of the room we paid 245.00 a night no extras no fireplace nothing to write home about. The shower was in a tight little closet you could barely move you stepped in the door and had only room enough to open stand up shower door to squeeze into. The toilet was in a separate closet space. We stayed 3 days and every morning we had to have two eggs, bread and small fruit salad.No side dishes. On the third day I said I couldnt eat another egg...the inn keeper said nothing and didnt offer any other choices, so I had no beakfast that day. The 3 days we were there we didnt have our room cleaned beds were not made towels were not changed. Soaps were added it was really bad. I would not reccomend this place I have stayed at many bed and breakfasts and this hits the bottom.

Room Tip: Dont go here
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank psmilin
Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We have stayed at this B&B for one night on the way to pick up our son from camp in NH.
The Inn Keepers, Pecco and Gail Beaufays, made us feel at home the minute we arrived. There was never a dull or boring moment since Pecco understands to entertain his guests with his never ending great sense of humor, his international experience and his talent to tell interesting and amusing stories. Gail and Pecco provided us with all information we needed - where to have dinner, how to park at the wonderful lake (nearby - a must visit if you go in summer and have kids - water is crystal clear and warm). Late in the evening our little girl got hungry and Gail offered to make her a little snack which they made together!!! Our daughter was thrilled. Breakfast was delicious - I have never seen my daughter eating so much (what can I say - my kids well being is important to me :)). As soon as we left we have made resolution to come back next year. Thank you Gail and Pecco!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lyubs
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 21 July 2013

It's true. I never stayed at this B&B. I found this place while looking for a parking place to ride my bicycle on the Great Northern Rail Trail. By chance I found the Highland Lake B&B and its owner Pecco.
Not only did Pecco allow us to park in his lot, he gave us valuable riding tips about the trail and the things we would see along the way. (The Highland Lake B&B is a sponsor of the trail.) After our ride, on a very hot July afternoon, Pecco also suggested we cool off in the lake and gave us beach towels to borrow.
I was blown away by his friendliness and hospitality. Pecco made a nice day great!
If you find yourself travelling through Andover, NH, do yourself a favor. Stay for a while at the Highland Lake Bed and Breakfast. You won't find a better respite or more gracious hosts.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DE-Touron
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 23 March 2013

What an I say . Peco Thank you. I have read the poor reviews and obviously nothing would make them y. I can't say enough. The inn is wonderful. Large fireplace in our room, quiet quaint view of a beautiful New England village. We arrived just after a very large group had left and our hosts were probably done but you would have never known that. We were met at the door to our room and then off to the Maple Syrup maker up the road..breakfast again wonderful. Beds were comfy, rooms very clean well decorated, and taking time to learn that the art throughout the inn was actually done by the owners father just added to the experience. Pecorino knew just what there was to do where and how to get there.

We were in the area for business and then quiet time for us and that was exactly what we received, arriving back one night late our host lit the fireplace in the sitting room and we were left to ourselves to enjoy peacefulness, feeling as one would expect secure as if at home!

Honestly I have travelled extensively domestically and abroad, the Highland IS as it says and the hosts were well awesome.

Thank you again for making what would have been a potentially stressful trip superb.
Tim

Room Tip: Overlooking the pond in the front of the Inn
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim E
Millis, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 January 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking for a relaxing weekend away and stayed at the Highland Lake Inn after researching bed & breakfasts in the New London/Sunapee area of NH. Neither one of us had ever stayed at a b&b before, so we decided to give it a try and we're so glad we did!

The Highland Lake Inn is in a beautiful location, set on a quaint lake right next to an apple orchard. The inside was as charming as the setting: huge wood-burning fireplace in the living room, dining room overlooking the lake and every bit of antique charm restored to it's original beauty. Our room was immaculate and had luxurious bedding, towels and toiletries. We picked a room on the third floor and enjoyed a peaceful 2-night stay in the height of the peak foliage season.

What really made our trip, however, were our hosts Gail and Pecco! Gail's sweet nature coupled with Pecco's vivacity made us feel welcome from the moment we walked in the door. They gave us great advice on where to visit, what to do, where to go out to eat and had us laughing all weekend long. Breakfast was AMAZING each morning with fresh fruit, tea/coffee, baked goods and the best scrambled eggs we've ever tasted!

I highly recommend anyone considering staying at the Highland Lake Inn book your trip... and soon! We will definitely go back again and can't wait to do so. If my girlfriend had her way, we'd be there every weekend!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joeldt
Reviewed 16 December 2012

From the moment we walked in from a long drive we felt at home. Our room was so adorable and perfectly decorated. The bed was amazing and my boyfriend and i both agreed that we got the best sleep weve had in a long time. Breakfast was delicious and the couple we sat with was great company. The owners are very personable and their two dogs were there to greet us as well. Because we arrived late the owners helped us find multiple resturants close by. Overall a wonderful stay. Well be back again

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank AmandaBD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andover
Hampton Inn and Suites Tilton
Inn at Pleasant Lake
Inn at Pleasant Lake
#1 of 6 in New London
The Lake House at Ferry Point

Been to Highland Lake Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!