“Delightful Encounter”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Andover
Highland Lake Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Andover B&B and Inns
Princeton, New Jersey
“Delightful Encounter”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

While not a holiday sojourn, our time at this welcoming B&B was a haven after a long journey from Princeton. Gail greeted us warmly and provided a much desired cup of top shelf Harney & Sons Tea from their vast selection. We settled into our immaculate spacious rooms for a rest before heading out for an evening meal. Pecco & Gail had many recommendations for eateries with directions at hand. The next morning we were cheerfully greeted with an array of breakfast choices of fine bakery goods, gourmet coffee, fresh fruits cereal and a choice of eggs expertly prepared by Pecco. The dogs provided good company and Jetter in particular was an absolute character. Gail and Pecco are the consummate hosts and I look forward to a return visit the lake district and this B&B in beautiful New Hampshire. Pualani

Room Tip: 2 first floor rooms other rooms require stairs to climb
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is truly in my top 3 of bed & breakfast Inns I have ever stayed, and by far the best breakfast! Pecco & Gail Beaufay are fantastic and fun which clearly come through is the spirit of their well cared for inn. My room was elegant, well appointed with amazing freshly ironed sheets. I got up early and went for a peaceful run which started on the nearby "Rail Trail" (It's get to the trail behind the firehouse near the serene Highland lake) then went up the hill and around back to the house on a secluded road with spectacular New Hampshire views. I highly recommend the Highland Lake Inn and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alexander W
Pontypridd
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Lovely Gail and Pecco looked after us for our three days. We had a large and very clean room in a beautiful house. Yes political chats first thing in the morning can be a little heavy for a vacation but I enjoyed our mornings with Pecco and he gave us some great tips which saved us at least one wasted day. Better still we enjoyed our New Hampshire experience in the places we were due to go. Fabulous Gail and Pecco make quite a team and after our exhausting hike up the local mountain to find the best 360 views and look for bears we had dinner in their house as guests. A Great Lake is a hundred yards away and the bike lane just pat that. Pecco offers kayaks and there is such a lot of outdoor activities that I can imagine it being a 4 season vacation area. Limited for restaurants as an area but with a car you can travel. Thanks Pecco and Gail, we still chuckle..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lee P
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The HLI run by Pecco and Gail Beaufays is an interesting stop-over for many reasons. The surroundings of the lake were beautiful, the room was adequate without air, the TV was small and there was little drawer space so we used the cases. The bed was very comfortable and the noises from the shower were entertaining as my wife learned how to use the rather eclectic shower controls. Breakfasts were cooked by Pecco himself and the choice was eggs, or eggs with fruit juice, fruit with bread and jam. Pecco enlivened the proceedings by tales of old laced with political incorrectness and for dessert, his visions of the future. To be fair, the cooking was good.
He gave us good advice about the local town of Franklin where we found a Laundromat and a wonderful Thai restaurant. My Green Curry was really first class as was my wife's Sweet and Sour Chicken.
This is a friendly B and B and we rather enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Harry233
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Hi my boyfriend booked this room without my knowledge, I would not of picked this place to stay. For the price of the room we paid 245.00 a night no extras no fireplace nothing to write home about. The shower was in a tight little closet you could barely move you stepped in the door and had only room enough to open stand up shower door to squeeze into. The toilet was in a separate closet space. We stayed 3 days and every morning we had to have two eggs, bread and small fruit salad.No side dishes. On the third day I said I couldnt eat another egg...the inn keeper said nothing and didnt offer any other choices, so I had no beakfast that day. The 3 days we were there we didnt have our room cleaned beds were not made towels were not changed. Soaps were added it was really bad. I would not reccomend this place I have stayed at many bed and breakfasts and this hits the bottom.

Room Tip: Dont go here
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank psmilin
Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We have stayed at this B&B for one night on the way to pick up our son from camp in NH.
The Inn Keepers, Pecco and Gail Beaufays, made us feel at home the minute we arrived. There was never a dull or boring moment since Pecco understands to entertain his guests with his never ending great sense of humor, his international experience and his talent to tell interesting and amusing stories. Gail and Pecco provided us with all information we needed - where to have dinner, how to park at the wonderful lake (nearby - a must visit if you go in summer and have kids - water is crystal clear and warm). Late in the evening our little girl got hungry and Gail offered to make her a little snack which they made together!!! Our daughter was thrilled. Breakfast was delicious - I have never seen my daughter eating so much (what can I say - my kids well being is important to me :)). As soon as we left we have made resolution to come back next year. Thank you Gail and Pecco!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lyubs
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 21 July 2013

It's true. I never stayed at this B&B. I found this place while looking for a parking place to ride my bicycle on the Great Northern Rail Trail. By chance I found the Highland Lake B&B and its owner Pecco.
Not only did Pecco allow us to park in his lot, he gave us valuable riding tips about the trail and the things we would see along the way. (The Highland Lake B&B is a sponsor of the trail.) After our ride, on a very hot July afternoon, Pecco also suggested we cool off in the lake and gave us beach towels to borrow.
I was blown away by his friendliness and hospitality. Pecco made a nice day great!
If you find yourself travelling through Andover, NH, do yourself a favor. Stay for a while at the Highland Lake Bed and Breakfast. You won't find a better respite or more gracious hosts.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DE-Touron
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andover
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tilton
Follansbee Inn
Follansbee Inn
#1 of 3 in Sutton
Black Swan Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Highland Lake Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!