“Stay Away-Run to another place”
Review of Maplehurst Inn

and 1 more site!
Maplehurst Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Antrim B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This place was the pits.there was no room key,when we got there,they had to go have one made.The water,in the bathroom was a brown clouddy color.Could not drink or shower.The floors are so slanted,you can't put nothing on floor,without it rolling away.the lamp had wiring hanging out of it.The light in the bathroom keep going on and off.The fan,over the bed,was so noisy we could not use it.This is the worst place we have ever stayed.

Room Tip: Don't go here.This place is awful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank papavz
There are newer reviews for Maplehurst Inn

Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed here a few times due to the location. If not absolutely necessary, I would not. The first time, we were offered a group rate to fill the hotel. Upon checkout, I was charged full rate. Her excuse was "we did not book soon enough". Two years later, the "bed and breakfast" was just "breakfast".
This time, our bed was so loud every time we moved, I did not sleep. When I aske for another room, she said there were none. When I asked again later, she said she was too tired to clean the empty one. Hospitality? She then charged another couple $75 extra for three kids. The youngest was 7. The website says 8 an over get charged. The breakfast was cold and they lied again when I asked if there was beef in the sausage (food allergies) then te other lady came out and said yes there wa beef in it after I had eaten it. I'm not staying here again. I'll drive 1/2 hr to the next town.

• Stayed: September 2012
9  Thank Lynnibob
Reviewed 27 June 2012

When I wanted someone when I was checking out - no one to be found, anywhere.
No bath towels in the room.
There was a TV, but it did not work.
This was the second worst place I have ever stayed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Rick F
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Everything about this place was cold. The staff was unavailable most of the time and you had to search the place and yell for them to get any assistance. The rooms were cold and nothing even though we had called and confirmed our arrival time was plugged in. The temperature in the room was 55 and we had to ask repeatedly for the heat to be turned on. The breakfast was served cold, cold eggs, pancakes and bacon. The coffee was clearly "old". The towels were thin and again we had to search down enough towels for 2 people even though that was booked for the 2 nights. I found a used old cleaning rubber glove behind a pillow and when I returned it to the staff, the lady laughed and said she had been looking for that. I would have been appalled had this been my establishment. The rugs had not been vaccumed in a long time. All in all it was very very overpriced for what you got. Would never go there again ever ever ever.

Room Tip: There aren't any good rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank dsger1950
Reviewed 2 October 2011

The Inn is on the main strip (15 houses, 3 shops. a deli and a tavern). Older property, well maintained- owner onsite. Clean sheets, private baths. Slanting floors and staircases.W.iFi.40 minutes from airport.Lots of outdoor stuff

Room Tip: third floor is a loong way up if your bags are heavy
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2011

The inn was adequate, but far from idyllic. No breakfast despite still offering it on the website and in the room literature. The room slants, which was ok, but it really has the feel of staying with an old aunt. The sheets are well used, the towels on the thin side, and the room, well, not spotless. Even the TV was not quite right as the shows weren't framed properly. As for staff, there was no sign of life after 7 and fairly loud music coming from an area behind the hotel that seemed to be a gathering area for locals. This is not your quaint New England Inn. This great aunt gertie's house.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Luv2TravelNJ15
Reviewed 30 July 2011

The Maplehurst Inn was quiet and clean. The advertised breakfast was not offered due to the cooks illness. Not a big deal as there was a great place across the street.
My main concern was that the management was only there occasionally.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank SteveEide
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antrim
Crotched Mountain Resort & Spa
Jack Daniels Motor Inn
Jack Daniels Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Peterborough
Little River Bed and Breakfast

Been to Maplehurst Inn? Share your experiences!