Despite the exterior, is a very old hotel. Rooms have not been refurbished and the quality of the maintenance is absolutely poor.
Toilets provide a "sense of dirty", bed are generally very very hard and with very very old mattress.
This you can find it also in the so called '"suite" where I have been upgraded a couple of times.
Is not uncommon to arrive with a late flight and to have to wait 30 min for the shuttle bus while the hotel is located just 5km from the airport. Is not uncommon also to have nobody answer at the phone during the late one. Doesn't matter if you are calling from outside or inside the hotel.
Three restaurant but nothing special.
Is time for the owner of the hotel to put the hands in the wallet and invest in an hotel where, the youngest things are the shuttles buses that, have more than 200.000 km.
Definitely not a five stars as declared, actually worst than several 3 stars of Europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury hotel offering 307 rooms including 50 non-smoking rooms. Only international hotel located near the airport. 3 restaurants, 2 bars, WiFi Internet, business centre, laundry and pressing services, large outdoor pool, 2 tennis courts, fitness centre,sauna, massage. Free airport shuttle operating 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Jovago.com, Agoda, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Alger Aeroport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Alger Aeroport
- Mercure Alger Aeroport Algiers Province, Algeria - Bab Ezzouar