I book a room at december 2013 from Hotel Mercure Alger Aeroport for 2 nights between 16 December and 18 december 2013. File number was H9G-13U7. It was non refundable reservation. And i made the payment with my company credit card to Accor Hotel's call center while doing my reservation by phone. However I had a visa problem and i could not fly to Algeria at 16 of december. I calledagain call center to change my reservation but they told me that just hotel can do this and they call the hotel but hotel did not accept this. It was my fault but in all other 5 star hotels if you have a problem like this they just take one night money or they give you one day stay for another date which you can use but they did not do this. This is first problem with Accor hotels.
The second problem I went to hotel at 18th of December at 02:00 am. I flied with Turkish Airlines TK 0655 flight number and i was at Algers at 18th of December like 00:30. When i arrived to hotel at 02:00 am the reservation staf told me that i do not have any reservation and they do not have any available room. I show him my reservation emails but he told me he is sorry but it is cancelled because i did not came at 16th of December and there is no room available. I started to beg him to give me a room because it was midnight in a foreign country and in the morning i have business and a lot of things to do i have to sleep well until morning. After half an hour he told me that he can give me a room if i can pay cash and do not ask for invoice. I told him that i am there for business and i need invoice to show my company that i stayed at the hotel. He forced me to pay cash again he offered me 150 € for night. I paid same room 185 € per night with non refundable reservation. This is second prblem they cheat me even with the room price. I told him i can just pay with credit card and i need invoice he told me “ok please give me your credit card i will put a block on your card and in the morining if you pay cash we will remove block on your card.” In the morning i went to front desk and called manager of the front desk. He told me that this is usual there (he did not apologize) and he told me that he is removing block from my credit card but it will happen in one week. I told him look this is not my fault this is your fault why i need to wait one week i need my credit card but he told me this is rule of their country he can not do anything. Then i went to Ibis hotel and i learn there that he could remove block instantly if i pay just 1 dinar. Ok i accepted also 1 week wait but when i turn back to my country i saw that they took this amount from my creddit card sorry they steal this amount from my credit card. This is the biggest and third problem.
They talk fluent english but when you explain problem they start to talk in french and ask you to talk in french. If you can talk in French i am sure that they will start to talk in Arabic. They are all liers.
And now I do not trust to Accor company also because until this day they could not help me with this problem. They are still telling me hat this is problem with that hotel and they are not solving the problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury hotel offering 307 rooms including 50 non-smoking rooms. Only international hotel located near the airport. 3 restaurants, 2 bars, WiFi Internet, business centre, laundry and pressing services, large outdoor pool, 2 tennis courts, fitness centre,sauna, massage. Free airport shuttle operating 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jovago.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Alger Aeroport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Alger Aeroport
- Mercure Alger Aeroport Algiers Province, Algeria - Bab Ezzouar