“Average Hotel, old and slightly worn out”

Mercure Alger Aeroport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bab Ezzouar
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Average Hotel, old and slightly worn out”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed in the Hotel from 16th to 18th February,2014 and had mixed feeling.The greatest advantage of the Hotel is its location which is only about 2 km from Airport and a newly built Mall for some shopping. But the charges for the room was quite expensive considering the services & facilities provided.Lifts were really scary as the doors closed very fast and with lot of noise & it appeared to crush your hand or whatever is in between the doors of the lift while it is closing. Carpets are old/worn out.The response time for any assistance is very high or the assistance may never arrive.However the staff is polite and understand English reasonably well.At the airport despite claiming to run 30 minutes service for pick up and drop from airport, the bus did not come even after reminding on phone and I had to ultimately drop at the hotel by IBIS hotel's bus which is adjacent to it.However while returning back, free drop was provided. For this price,I will not recommend this Hotel.

Bimal Prasad

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
PMartial, Directeur général at Mercure Alger Aeroport, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Alger Bab Ezzouar. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

For your information an important renovation of the rooms is scheduled, including bedding television and bathroom. Some of our rooms are already refurbished to this new standard, feel free to contact me directly for your next reservation , it will be a pleasure to upgrade you to a Superior Room.

Patrick Martial

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

As stated in other reviews, the only positive point for this old hotel is its excellent location.

The room I stayed in was worn down, with dirty carpets, air condition out of order and without basic facilities like e.g. an electrical socket for your PC or phone in the room (had to charge it in the bathroom, or instead disconnect the fridge or the TV).

Tried the room service and the food was mostly cold when it reached my room.

The beds are hard as wood and I can continue listing issue after issue.

Definitely not a hotel that anybody can be proud of. And when will the responsible management start taking action instead of writing the same comment every time?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Bab Ezzouar hotels

Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed at the Mercure for one night and the Ibis for one night and let me tell you the Ibis was far superiour in every way. The beds are as everyone has said, extremely poor and hard and a small tiny flat pillow. I did not sleep hardly at all all night. They wanted to charge us for drinks that we did not have. The staff was relatively friendly, but they do not acknowledge you, you have to go up to them and be right up front before they will help you. The toilet did not work and ran all night, the capet was very dirty and had cigarette stains. We wanted a non smoking room and got this one, which had been smoken in. My husband is alergic and defintely the smell bothered him so much that he got sick. Not a good situiation for we had three weeks of travel and had to go home after 9 days. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone...

Room Tip: make sure the room is actually a non-smoking room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
PMartial, Directeur général at Mercure Alger Aeroport, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Customer,

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Once again, we appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The hotel was very nice and above my expectations, because on tripadvisor it has been given 3 star rating, but I say give it above 4 ratings. The interiors are very nice and people are very friendly. Below are the few points I would like to to corrected.

1. The services are very slow, even after saying to clean up my room , it would take 2-3 hours for the hosekeeping person to come to the room.
2. Language problem, lot of people dont know english.
3. Please have some more items in breakfast. Your chef did'nt know the Asian Style of making omelette. If you want to complete on international level please have chefs who atleast knows all the styles of cooking, not just european style.
4. Sometimes housekeeping forgets to put water bottles in the room

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
PMartial, Directeur général at Mercure Alger Aeroport, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Customer,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Alger Bab Ezzouar. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

However, we took good note of your remarks regarding the disfonctionnements which you noticed during your stay . Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The only positive point for this old hotel is its excellent location. Everything else is so mediocre. Accor should feel ashamed branding this hotel as one of its chains and a Mercure also. On top of that it is way overpriced for the bad tired conditions and serivce offered but due to the lcoation it is full most of the times so pushing near rack rates.
Unpleasant uncomfortable lobby, poor food outlets and variaty, old bed and toilet conditions...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
PMartial, Directeur général at Mercure Alger Aeroport, responded to this review, 11 February 2014

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I book a room at december 2013 from Hotel Mercure Alger Aeroport for 2 nights between 16 December and 18 december 2013. File number was H9G-13U7. It was non refundable reservation. And i made the payment with my company credit card to Accor Hotel's call center while doing my reservation by phone. However I had a visa problem and i could not fly to Algeria at 16 of december. I calledagain call center to change my reservation but they told me that just hotel can do this and they call the hotel but hotel did not accept this. It was my fault but in all other 5 star hotels if you have a problem like this they just take one night money or they give you one day stay for another date which you can use but they did not do this. This is first problem with Accor hotels.

The second problem I went to hotel at 18th of December at 02:00 am. I flied with Turkish Airlines TK 0655 flight number and i was at Algers at 18th of December like 00:30. When i arrived to hotel at 02:00 am the reservation staf told me that i do not have any reservation and they do not have any available room. I show him my reservation emails but he told me he is sorry but it is cancelled because i did not came at 16th of December and there is no room available. I started to beg him to give me a room because it was midnight in a foreign country and in the morning i have business and a lot of things to do i have to sleep well until morning. After half an hour he told me that he can give me a room if i can pay cash and do not ask for invoice. I told him that i am there for business and i need invoice to show my company that i stayed at the hotel. He forced me to pay cash again he offered me 150 € for night. I paid same room 185 € per night with non refundable reservation. This is second prblem they cheat me even with the room price. I told him i can just pay with credit card and i need invoice he told me “ok please give me your credit card i will put a block on your card and in the morining if you pay cash we will remove block on your card.” In the morning i went to front desk and called manager of the front desk. He told me that this is usual there (he did not apologize) and he told me that he is removing block from my credit card but it will happen in one week. I told him look this is not my fault this is your fault why i need to wait one week i need my credit card but he told me this is rule of their country he can not do anything. Then i went to Ibis hotel and i learn there that he could remove block instantly if i pay just 1 dinar. Ok i accepted also 1 week wait but when i turn back to my country i saw that they took this amount from my creddit card sorry they steal this amount from my credit card. This is the biggest and third problem.

They talk fluent english but when you explain problem they start to talk in french and ask you to talk in french. If you can talk in French i am sure that they will start to talk in Arabic. They are all liers.

And now I do not trust to Accor company also because until this day they could not help me with this problem. They are still telling me hat this is problem with that hotel and they are not solving the problem.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel and secure your money.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hayatiiskender

Milan, Italy
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

I was staying in a suite furniture is very old fashioned, the wall was in a very bad shape this hotel does not desserve its stars moreover prices are very expensive. You cannot keep your window open since the district is full of moskitos.
Good think due to the heavy traffic of algiers hotel is ideally situated close to the airport

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

#4 of 27 in Algiers
El Aurassi Hotel
El Aurassi Hotel
#2 of 27 in Algiers

Been to Mercure Alger Aeroport? Share your experiences!