“Just a soso place” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland
Lisbon, Maine
“Just a soso place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The description of the deluxe cabin was very misleading. It said it has 2 double beds and 2 bunk beds and a loft. The problem is that the 2nd double bed is in the loft. Also the store is understaffed. You have one person answering the phone and taking checking/taking reservations. That leaves one person to check people in and wait on customers. The laundry room doesn't have all the washers and dryers working but they don't put an out of order signs on the broken ones. They don't open the areas when it says-pool opens at 10 but don't actually open till 10:20. They change the places that activities are held but do not notify anyone. They should have a bullentin board where they can update things. I booked a cabin for 6 days and they gave me 2 rolls of toilet paper for 4 kids and 3 adults. Also they had a bathroom building shut down for at least 3 or 4 days. Completely out of order and no one fixing or at least working on it. Not even fireworks for the 4th of July. Pretty lame. Won't go back there for all the money I spent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lcleaves

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Twin Mountain, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was our third year at Yogi and it was by far the most disappointing. There is no control over rude and disrespectful guests who are able to do whatever they want, for example: air horns blowing throughout the day and night, loud music, many cars driving around after 11:00 p.m., fireworks even though the rules said no fireworks or sparklers or you will be asked to leave, what a joke. If you are looking for a quiet campground to take your family, this is not the place. If you are looking to party and have a good time with no rules for yourself or other disrespectful people this is your place. All staff members are young and have no control over what is going on here nor do they seem to care. Daily activities for kids were ok but nothing like they have been in the past. The activities this year were disorganized and lacking the kid friendly feel. There are positives to this place (the hayride, swimming in the river, and Yogi ceramics), but the negatives far outweigh the positives.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank R S

Travellers are raving about these Ashland hotels

Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Sites are open and not wooded. People cut through your site all times of day and night.Never had that at other campgrounds. Maybe because it's open and not wooded? Not sure. Bathrooms are not clean. Pool area was not impressive and very crowded. More of a public park atmosphere, not a campground.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank wbou
Windham, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

All I can say is the management department here has no experience and i know this for a fact, the woman in the office are complete clueless as i found out when i got there they wouldn't let me check in because my site was being "cleaned" then i got to my site and there was trash on the site. Also they have maintenance problems as they do not know how to keep up with emptying their sewer it wasn't hard to tell because most of the main bathrooms were closed, the showers are great if you like a freezing cold shower and a gross mold infested shower room, the pool is gross it's probably as old as the park itself when you swim in the bigger pool you cannot even see your feet, the pool for children i would highly not advise letting your children in there considering my 5 year old daughter got hurt and there was no park staff there what so every and if there was then it could of been easily avoided to tell children what they can and cannot do. Those huge water slides are gross full of stagnant water open for four hours no chlorine in them what so ever, that would also be why they are only open for three hours, still disgusting though. The park also has a problem with following rules as children ride gas operated mini dirt bikes and motorized scooters there use to be a rule that they couldn't ride those types of things only bikes during the day, now they can ride all of those even into the late hours of the night. The staff thee really do not give a damn about anything, there's also some pretty creepy staff who check and female with two legs. Over all this camp ground is out of control, very very dirty, uncontrolled, unreliable, and not a fun place to be especially with all the people who have no respect for anyone and just do what they want, there's alot of people there, if you could get away with it wouldn't you go there, this camp ground is not a place for a family with young children unless you would like to put your children in harm and risk getting some stuff stolen because i forgot to mention this camp ground is not that safe at all anyone could drive in and take anything or anybody as the staff do not ask the cars where their tags ( they hang from your rear view mirror they're orange so you can clearly see then and they tell you what site number you are on and if you're a visitor or staying here) are anymore so anyone can come in and take anyone or anything. This park is overrated with a maintenance fee of about give or take $750 it this park is overrated for members and non-members hence why we sold our membership and decided to go back one last time and we will never go there again unless they clean that place up. I'm telling you take your business else where and have a good camping experience. As a now adult but as a child who went here most of his childhood it kills me to say this stuff about jelly stone but something has to be done to bring back the safe clean sane fun this place use to bring me and my family ! I hope the manager Elin Macdonald looks at this and starts working on these problems, maybe she can come out of her lovely palace located across from the store and see what we have to deal with.

Room Tip: The only rooms are cabins here and all i can say is if you go camping here hope you go at a good tim...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Bobby A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had never been camping and went on facebook and asked my friends were they recommend me to take my boys. I got 64 comments to go yogi bear in ashland. The staff was amazing. Kathryn was outstanding to our family and I noticed everytime I was in the store she was smiling and enjoying her interactions with the guest. Their security was all great, but jeremy went above and beyond for us. He went out of his way to help my step father repair our truck, on his own time, not while on the clock. I got the opportunity to meet the woman Elyn who does it all behind the scenes she was so polite and genuine. I just can't say enough about out awsome stay at the ashland yogi bear campsite. The only suggestion I have, is I would update the playground. It takes alot of patience and great communication skills to work with so many different people and so many kids all the time, the staff is outstanding. In fact we are booking our family vacation again for august and would highly recommend this to others. Thank you Jellystone for an amazing family vacation.

3 Thank Gina M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

My first time at jelly stone was this past weekend and I had a great time. My nephews were able to play on 25 foot water slides and go fishing all days. They had a blast. We had a few minor issues with our camper initially, but the jelly stone staff went above and beyond to take care of it. The security guard, I believe his name is Jeremy was extremely helpful throughout the weekend, periodically checking in and making sure that our stay was everything we hoped it to be. We will absolutely be making reservations for next summer

3 Thank Unicorngirl_xxvii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This was our first trip to Jellystone and our last. There are too many problems. The bathrooms are dirty always out of toilet paper and paper towels. The staff has no control over the campers here. 5 or 6 tents on a site with 4 or 5 cars on site. People in new splash park with glass bottles of beer and sitting in water with eating food. Quiet hours are not enforced at all. 2:30 am people still screaming and radios going. Staff is not friendly they could careless what is going on. Site next to us has 14 people with 5 tents and a pop up camper. Site is hardly big enough for camper.

6 Thank Talb714
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Comfort Inn
Pilgrim Inn and Cottages
Pilgrim Inn and Cottages
#3 of 10 in Plymouth
Hampton Inn and Suites Tilton

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland? Share your experiences!