“Great fun for the entire family! We will definatly return!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family just returned from our first trip to Jellystone Park in Ashland, NH (ages; 41,35,4,and almost 2). It was a fantastic camping ground with many amenities and activities geared toward the family but most importantly the kids!

Check in/out & staff: Check in is at 3pm! We arrived early and they gave us a visitor car pass and allowed us to use the amenities while we waited until 3pm. We arrived back to check in (in the store) around 2:50 and it was packed with everyone checking in and current guest purchasing items from the store (you share the same line!) but it went relatively quickly and smoothly. The check out was simple, just turned in our key and left! The check in staff/cashiers are very friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and professional. My only suggestions would be the following; when your camping DON'T go to the store to purchase things between 2:30 and 3:30 as it is busy with people checking in; make your purchases any other time of the day!

SITE: We rented an RV (site 73) from Aug 7-10 2014; it was clean and comfortable (remember you are camping so you do not get plush mattresses so my 6' tall husband slept in the bunk bed next to our 4 year old and he just double up the mattresses and it was fine.) The RV came equipped w/pots, cups, dishes, mugs, silverware, serving & grilling utensils, a GAS grill, Fire pit, picnic table and a small deck w/ ez up tent. There was plenty of space in the camper to put up our babies pack and play so that was nice! The sites are small but there is reasonable space being that you have the entire water/play area to hang out at. The staff pick up your trash twice a day so you are able to keep your space clean!

RULES & SECURITY: I found that there was ample staff driving their golf carts around making sure things remained kosher. During the weekends there was even Ashland police cruising around saying hello. We had no issues with noise after about 10pm and found the folks who were camping to be very respectful of the quite hours.

POOL & SPRAY PARK: This is a great asset to the camp ground! Our children (4 & almost 2 years old) LOVED the spray park and could have stayed there all day! the only disappointment with the spray park and pool was that they don't open until 10am. I would suggest opening them by 9am because the kids are up early and really want to go play in the water!

WATERSLIDES & BOUNCE HOUSE: Unfortunately we didn't use this part of the park. My 4 year old wanted to go on the bounce house but there was a crazy number of children in it at all times so she was nervous (some of the kids were big kids.) The family's that were using them appeared to be having a BLAST and the lines can get LONG! My only suggestion would be that they staff the bounce house and group the children by age and limit the number of kids allowed in at a time for a certain amount of time. Implementing this suggestion would ensure that all the guests at the park get to utilize all that the park offers!

PLAYGROUNDS: There are 2 playgrounds located within the park. The first is located in the heart of it all between the spray park/pool and the waterslide area. The park offers a small plastic play equipment for the little ones as well as 3 baby swings. There is a slide and 4 regular swings for the big kids. The 2nd playground is hidden away but we found it even though we were not camping by it! Its located down the first street on the right as soon as entire the park! It is a small little park with little kid sized play equipment (Wooden climbing truck, swings, dirt digger, metal dome climbing thing( my kids loved it!)

BEACH, RENTALS and FISHING AREA: The "beach" is not much of a beach but you can layout there, the kids can build castles and you can swim in the river but it is limited in space. It is more of the location where you can rent canoes, kayaks and rowboats (for about $12 for 2 hours) and take yourself on a tour of the river. The boats rent out fast so I would suggest getting your name on the list if you wanted to do this. I would also suggest bringing your own inflatable boats/tubes to go in the river with (they have air pumps available for 25 cents; many families were doing this.) You can also rent these pedal cart things that looked like a lot of work to me but the kids that were on them seemed to be having fun! As for the fishing area, well its a small dock on the river and you have to have a fishing license to fish (per the fish and game police that patrol the river, the park wont stop you from fishing but the fish and game folks will fine you.) you can get a day fishing license for $15.00 at a super Wal-Mart located about 15 minutes from the park.

STORE/ARCADE: The store is small but has almost anything you may need (except marshmallow sticks!) They sell memorabilia, candy, condiments, bags of chips, salsa, smore's items, Beer, tarps, liters, cigarettes, milk, cheese, soda, liter fluid, wood, ice cream, coffee, etc. The arcade if small but fun. All the Games were working and the change machine worked so its a nice little asset even though its small!

ACTIVITIES: When you get there they will give you a list of the activities for the week. Most weeks have themes, ours was HALLOWEEN. They had a costume parade around the park (and when I say around the park it was almost around the entire park so bring a stroller for the your little ones!) Yogi, BooBoo and Cindy lead the parade in their costumes so that was cute! After the parade they called the kids by age groups and handed out a prize to the best costumes in each age group! They then had Tricker Treating around the Campgroup (select campsites) we opted out of this as our two had had enough and were exhausted! I would suggest that they do the tricker treating while they are doing the parade! Make sure you check with the park to see what the theme is for your camping time because some of the campers didn't know to bring their costumes!

DANCE party happened on Saturday night with a DJ, the kids loved that. It went from 7pm-10pm so long enough for all ages! The little ones seemed to be there earlier and then the teenagers came out later on so that worked out perfectly!

Candy bingo seemed to happen daily or nightly. You play by trading a full size candy bar for a bingo card (try to bring other kinds of candy bars cause everyone seemed to have Hershey bars!) When you get BINGO you win 5 candy bars!

Ceramic Painting took place for a nominal fee depending on the ceramic you choose ($6.00 and up was the cost.)

Family games like eggs toss, shaving cream toss, toilet paper wrapping competitions, scavenger hunts, Temporary stick on tattoos, etc.

make your own SUNDAES ($4.00) you get to choose between a scoop of choc or vanilla and then add your toppings of hot fudge, caramel, gummy worms, m&m's, sprinkles, Swedish fish, whipped cream, etc.

DONUT man was there a couple morning with a food truck and made mini homemade donuts (plain, glazed, or sugar) $2.50 a bag...they were delicious and well worth the money!

Breakfast for a nominal fee on SUNDAYS (eggs, sausage and all you can eat pancakes.)

HAYRIDES happen daily and the line can be long so get there early! We didn't do the hayrides because Yogi, BooBoo or Cindy go on the rides with the guests and my 4 year old is petrified of mascots (but she waved as they drove by.)

FOOD SHACK: They are located by the pool/spray park area and offer a variety of food from ice cream, milkshakes, nachos, pizza, hamburgers, hotdogs, sandwiches/subs, French fries, onion rings, chicken, etc. I thought they were reasonably priced! We only ordered the beef nachos they were good but limited on the chips (also note that they are more like steak type meat not ground hamburger!) They were 6.95 for the beef supreme that came loaded with cheese sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, jalapenos, cheese, steak type meat and two sour cream and one salsa on the side.

WI-FI: The site does say that there is Wi-Fi but they DO NOT have Wi-Fi. Who cares your on vacation people, put down your electronics or pay for it! I guess they were having problems with people breaking into their Wi-Fi or with there firewall (I am not a techy person so if you are maybe this means something to you!)
FYI: you can not bring firewood from outside a 50 mile radius however, it is sold at almost every house around the park for about $3.00 a bundle. We bought 2 bundles for $6.00 and it lasted us the 3 nights!

I will be honest and tell you that when I booked this vacation it was because of all the GREAT REVIEWS the park had received. However, when I logged on the check out the reviews as the time got closer to our departure I was WORRIED because of all the BAD REVIEWS they had acquired during the summer claiming it was due to the change of management this year and I almost cancelled our trip to go somewhere else but I didn't and figured I would give them a shot and I'm glad we did because this place was AWESOME! My kids had a blast, the staff was friendly, once you are there you don't have to leave for nothing, you feel safe and our surrounding fellow campers were friendly, nice and respectful. The RV was clean and functional and the campsite the same. The park offered so many activities you couldn't possible do them all!

Perhaps there was a bit of a hiccup at the beginning with new management but I assure you the hiccups have been corrected and I am glad we followed through and went because we will be back for sure! There are many memories to be made for our little ones!

If I could recommend anything it would be to go to Jellystone Park yourself and don't base your opinion on a few lousy comments. Remember that disgruntled people are quick to write bad reviews were people who have a great time probably don't stop having a great time to write a positive review (they're to busy having fun) and by the time the fun is over and they are back to reality they don't have time to write a good review!

I wanted to take the time to write this review because I was skeptical and worried and I don't want that to be you! This is a fun, fun, fun (and very clean) place for the FAMILY!

Warning: DON'T go here if you DON'T LIKE KIDS! This place is geared to the CHILDREN and their families!

Thank you Jellystone! Hears to the next time we meet!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank corey28
There are newer reviews for Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I love camping with my kids and know what to expect when I go to a KID campground. Some parents do not pay attention to rules. Kids are kids. Efforts to keep things clean do not work.

I just wonder what my 60 dollars per night got me in comparison to other cheaper campgrounds.

Pros: The play pool and pool are great. The brief encounters with characters were fantastic in the eys of my 4 and 8 year old.12 dollar canoe rental was perfect. (Head up stream to perfect sand bar beach 35 minutes up), my site was great (38), candy bar bingo and dance party was fun. I constantly saw house keeping emptying barrels and cleaning restrooms. Fresh doughnut trailer and pancake breakfast hit the spot. The tiki bar for lunch was limited but perfect for kids and adults for one meal......

Cons: This is a commercial kid friendly playground. Expect lots of kids. Lots of parents not watching their kids. A camp store that is overpriced. Dirty bathrooms at times. Most sites on the river portion are stacked one after the other and not private.

Hard part on the cost: The event staff were non energetic and not enthusiastic at all. The cleaning crew and grounds keepers all said good morning with a smile but the event staff were not friendly. (Seems backwards) With the cost per night, a upgrade in playground is sorely needed. Security did their best with a large group that did not obey quite time. Night 1 was 4 calls and 1145 pm finally quiet. Night 2 was 3 calls and 1045 pm quest. I blame management not insisting a maximum group size . This was 40 or more between 5 adjoining cabins. The surrounding sites did not stand a chance at quiet. Beyond the brief encounters........ The only plus was a pool or river option for swimming. Is that worth an extra 30 per night.?

To me NO. There are plenty of cheaper options for same or similar experience (minus Yogi and friends)

Do not get me wrong.... We had a great time but this is a one hit wonder.... No reason to go back

Room Tip: In the river portion DD NOT get center strip...... Outer ring is fine..... We got 38 on the end whic...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JROBBY0206
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have camped in a lot of campgrounds in NH, discovering what places we enjoy the most with our family. I had read the previous reviews,in which many were a fair warning, I always tried to find the positive by saying it couldn't be that bad....it was much worse. We were very disgusted and disappointed from day one.
To put things into context, we are a family of 4: 2 adults, 2 kids (7 &11) rented a more secluded, ''riverview'' water-electric site with a pop-up tent trailer (12ft closed, 20 ft when open), a 12x12 kitchen tent. When we made the reservation in the winter, we inquired a couple times about which site would be suitable to our needs, large enough for our equipment, and have some privacy (not camping on top of another site and hear every bodily noise the other site makes) Not too demanding, but since we planned to be there for 7 days we wanted to feel comfortable. We were put at site 126, which is behind a series of cabins on BooBoo circle. Oh sure it was ''riverview'', from on top of a ravine or cliff, through a bunch of unkempt trees. It was fences in with a rickety, broken wooden picket fence and should not stand too close because the ground was eroding and there was a hole (eroded ground) large enough for my husband to pass under. Not good for those with small children. The site as well was littered with garbage (soda cans, bags, etc, blown up against the fence.
The site itself was large, however very poorly arranged. We had a difficult time backing in our tent-trailer because they had 2 large trees growing in the entrance of the site, roots coming out of the ground through-out the site and the electric post right between the trees on the wrong side. Those who have used pop-ups know that all of the electrical entry is on the drivers side. We pretty much had to jackknife to get in right side. Site was also just dirt and when it rained, whatever didn't slide down the ravine was just mud.
The store was also the registration area. Long lineups and staff very unfriendly. Items were over-priced as well.
The pool was large however not maintained or monitored too much. Cigarette butts and glass shards, gum, food-wrappers littered the deck, EVERYDAY. Same wrappers still there at end of week. Overloaded with people, esp teenagers in the afternoon who didn't care if they were being disrespectful to other users. Splashing, yelling, running, pushing, jumping. I understand we need to let loose on vacation, but there is a way to do that and still be courteous. and ever the younger children (6-10) were also running around the pool area with parents not paying too much attention. My daughter with her goggles said there were also chunks of broken cement at bottom, I also was informed that children 10yrs and older we able to go into the pool without a adult accompany, which in my opinion is not safe. They water play on the pirate ship structure seemed to be enjoyed by the little kids, but the water was extremely cloudy and lots of stuff floating in it including several used bandaids.
The H2O funzone waterslides were dirty looking and you need to sign a waiver to use then. Reasonable enough...the kid (teenager abou 14-15 yrs old) who was incharge of the waivers forms at the gate did not seem interested in anything other that playing or texting on his ipod, or on another day, playing with the breasts of what I am assuming to be his just a young girlfriend. Some time he was surrounded by his group of friends, talking crap and absurditites to one another, not paying any attention to guests or the children surrounding them. There was only one employee who seemed older who was there occasionally who actually did his job monitoring the waterslide. At the end of the day at the waterslides the water was a mud puddle and I don't think there was disinfectant used in the water.
There were planned activities everyday but the facilitators barely showed interest in the activity. the candy bar bingo was a hit with my kids and so was the dj dance party. The ceramic painted was expensive although it was an option everyday. The mascots were hardly out and about. It is understandable because it was hot, but when there were scheduled, they did the minimum and not much interaction with the guests, always with an employee telling them where to go and what to do.
The bathroom situation was a nightmare. As mentioned before we were in a pop-up and needed the use of the facilities. The closest to us was in the rec hall, the building with the store. The ladies room (one toilet) was FILTHY, grimy and disgusting! I understand it was used often during the ceramics painting to wash up, to account for the paint spatter everywhere, however, there was still grime and body excrement on the walls for the whole week. A lot of the time there was no toilet paper and the door knob was broken. The mens room was just a tad cleaner, still grimy, but the door lock was broken.
Further down the road to the next set of washrooms, closed and locked up for most of our stay. So had to go further to the next station. sometimes no toilet paper again. Stalls were very tiny, doors broken and some were out of order in both mens and ladies. Showers are a complete eww factor. Be sure to wear shoes if you need a shower. dirty. .25 for 9 minute, some showers were a trickle of water some could not adjust between hot or cold.
the snack bar was way overpriced, portions very small and food was mediocre.
A walk around the campground looking at various sites, many water electric site were very open and very on top of each other, esp in the main campground area. The area close to the entrance were extremely open and along the main road as well, far from activities in campground. The lower portion very cramped and riverview was along the river, cramped and unkempt trees line. The beach was just about the size of my kitchen and a hill. The water was nice though.
The overall campground was very crowded, kids running everywhere, bicycles, scooters etc. Many of rules were not enforced such as quiet time after 10 or glass in pool area.
There was no WiFi service. when I booked, we were told there is wifi all over the campground which was great, esp if we need to keep some contact for work and some university work. However, the was no internt access. I inquired in the beginning, girl said it went down temporarily but they were working to get it back up soon. Ok 2 days later, I asked again, another girl said it was having some issues but should be back up and told me if I really needed access, to sit on the steps of the main office building a piggyback on the office wifi. it worked sometimes. 2 days later I went back to ask, another girl said they didn't get wifi this year.
After the amount we paid to stay here I am extremely disappointed and sad about this years vacation. I must say I am not a city slicker, I grew up in the country, have done survival camping, camped in national parks and camped in large and small private campgrounds and I have never seen a place with such a disgrace. I have written to the franchise and the owners of this place and I hope that others who have had a similar experience do the same. Those who still wish to try to go there, you have been warned.

Room Tip: run-down, broken, poorly maintained, employees do minimum. Many other campgrounds better in NH. Go s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank busymommyof2
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Went here as a kid and wanted to bring my family back for the same experience I had, sorry I did. The playground is awful, way too many campers packed in, and the smell of sewerage throughout the campground. The real kicker was that the local town police do patrols through the campground a first for me. We were supposed to stay three nights but made the decision almost instantly to leave after one. Do yourself a favor and don't go here.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Camperff
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was our 3rd year staying here and will definitely be our last. Both the men's & women's bathrooms were totally out of order when we got there Sunday and still when we left on Friday. Half of the washers & dryers were out of order with no change machine present. Bathrooms that were working not that clean. Pool water had large clumps of hair floating in it. Beach area definitely not very inviting but the water was nice. Fishing dock had alot of empty beer cans scattered about, looked like they had been there a while. No characters visible throughout our stay except during the hayride/very unpersonable/not very kid friendly, then again for the lunch with a character, same. Glowstick walk was just that, walking with glowsticks in the dark. No interaction with the kids at all, no one even spoke and told the kids what to do. No direction from the staff during crafts. Overall very disappointing stay. Can't recommend at all and will not be back. Lastly, too expensive. Much better values out there closer to home to travel and not be satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Reta A
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I used to take my kids there all the time when they were small and we just went back with my kids and grand-kids,, No yogi, No Cindy bear, No ranger appearances at all! We saw Boo boo on a hayride with illegible blasting distorted music playing. The pool had mold along the sides. There was suppose to be an outdoor movie there wasn't.. No ice cream social to meet the characters All in all i would never go back or recommend it to anyone. Also all the staff seems to be all kids. So sad to see this as we had such great memories of it and now those are blackened with the new memories...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Fran M
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My family and I have been coming to Jellystone for the past 6 years and all my kids loved it till this year!! We rented 3 cabins this past week because I have told my family how fun Jellystone was and they wanted to bring their kids!! What a mistake!!! They now have a new director in charge who has changed all the reasons we have been coming to Jellystone for all these years!!

They now allow people to bring personal golf carts, power wheels, Atvs, and power scooters to the park now picture your children walking or riding their bikes around the park and little kids riding these powered vehicles and do not know how to ride these things that is very dangerous for out little kids!!! You also now have adults riding around in their own personal golf carts while drinking!!!! It does not take a genius to figure out drinking, driving powered vehicles, and little children DO NOT GO TOGETHER!!

They had the glow stick parade that my kids look forward to! In the past they would meet up at Yogi statue and the person that would bring Yogi would rally everybody and they would play music and it would be fun!! This year they pulled up to the statue got off the golf cart and without saying anything just started walking no music no understanding how important it was to get the kids involved and make it fun for them!!!

During my stay I spoke to a few of the park employees and their not happy with the changes either!!

Overall my stay this year sucked!! I spent over $5000.00 between cabin rentals and expenses and I was the worst 5 grand I ever spent!!!

I am very sad to say if things don't change this will be the last time my family and I go to Jellystone!!:(:(:(

They need to remember we come here for our kids and their safety is most important!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Thepizzama
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Comfort Inn
Cheney House Bed & Breakfast
Inn on Golden Pond
Inn on Golden Pond
#2 of 3 in Holderness

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland? Share your experiences!