“Fresh lunch choice”

Dot 's Bread 'n Butter
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
new hampshire
“Fresh lunch choice”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Our party of 3 have a wonderful lunch . The BLT sandwich had smokehouse bacon on sourdough bread, it was delicious. The turkey, avocado, bacon sandwich was very tasty and filling. The chicken tenders with fries were great with honey mustard on the side. The fries were a "10". The decor of the restaurant is very cute and homey. The location is right of I-93, on Main St. Definitely will go back again.

• Visited March 2014

Gorham, Maine
“Good price for good food”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

As we were leaving the area, we looked for a homey breakfast spot and found this one. My 3 pancakes were light, fluffy, served w/real maple syrup & butter while my husband ate an English muffin with delicious sausage patty and drank good, piping hot coffee. He is particular about his coffee and found this to be to his liking. The waitress was pleasant, the restaurant charming, and the food was good. We'd return when back in Ashland.

• Visited February 2014
NH
“Open for Dinner”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have eaten breakfast and lunch a number of times since they opened. Everything was good, except that the hollandaise sauce for the eggs benedict was NOT homemade.
Recently, they have opened for Dinner on Thurs,Fri and Sat. night. We decided to give it a try.
Dot's Bread n Butter is a very warm and comfortable establishment. The staff is very friendly. The chef was very inviting. I had the 12oz Rib eye steak and my wife had the homemade meatloaf. My wife thought the meatloaf was as good as any she has had out. My steak was perfectly cook and obviously a quality piece of meat. It was a little pricey at $24, but still worth it. Overall we were very pleased withe the food and service. Give it a try.

• Visited January 2014
Hudson, New Hampshire
“Food is awesome- service...eh”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have to start by saying the food here is fresh, they give you a little fresh fruit cup with every plate. That's a nice touch.
The atmosphere is nice, very new and clean. There's a fireplace and very charming environment. Open kitchen, so you can see the cooking going on.
The bacon was deep fried to a crisp- I happen to like it that way, so that was alright. The service was very, very, VERY slow and lacking. That is the only thing, besides my bill issue that I have a huge issue with here.
The table we were at had no sugar, so I stole one from another vacant table. The tables were thisclose together, so having my kids sit still was next to impossible without wacking our neighboring table patrons.
The food took about 20-25 minutes. That's awhile for easy 2 egg, 2 bacon, 1 pancake breakfast.
To boot, when finally ready to go, I handed the waitress my credit card (NEVER EVER do this). She brought me back someone else's bill to sign. Ughhhhhhhhh
I told her it was the wrong bill, she got me the correct bill and told me the charge was reversed. I come home to see the charge pending.
Not cool. Give your servers less tables, it obviously is too much to care for. I don't like being charged for 2 parties' breakfasts when I don't plan to.
Also noticed another table asking when their food would be out. The waitress had some excuse about a big party ordering prior. Don't say that, you sound silly at a restaurant admitting you can't handle multiple parties.
It's too bad, this fresh, wholesome concept is awesome.

• Visited December 2013
Ashland, New Hampshire
“Much improved! Fresh Healthy Eats”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I have eaten here several times for breakfast and lunch since the new chef has taken over. Wait staff is far better and the food is about as fresh and tasty as one can get around here for breakfast and lunch. A few times the chef even brought food over to us to sample. This place has become my first place to go for breakfast. I will also add that the "side salad" they serve with lunch was the best I had ever seen, mixed spring greens, peppers, cukes...not you typical iceberg lettuce with one tomato.

• Visited October 2013