“Village town location, good food”
Review of Common Man

Common Man
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Ashland
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Holderness, New Hampshire
“Village town location, good food”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I love eating upstairs, casual seating .. couches, easy chairs, TV's bar/pub atmosphere. Serve yourself cheese and crackers, unique menu .. picky eaters, probably not your place, selections change with the season and all I've tried are delicious!

Visited February 2014

Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Tasty food & nice atosphere”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had seafood.. Baked Scallops for me and the Portsmouth Pie for my husband. We were both very happy with our meals and would definitely return.

South Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Relaxed and excellent service”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We enjoyed a delicious and filling dinner. The atmosphere was casual and comfortable in this homey antique building

Kennebunk, Maine
“very unusual portions”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Well, I must say, you get a lot for your money at Common Man. I'd challenge just about anyone to finish their plate here. We had half portions, and they were adequate! And the cheese and crackers were fun--nice to have something to munch on while waiting for your meal to be served. It was unusually cold in the restaurant, so bring a sweater during air conditioning weather times. That was my only issue. The food was good, and the staff were accommodating.

1 Thank Linda D
Farmington, Connecticut
“First time, nice experience.”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I came here with my parents here for lunch on a Saturday. You could smell the wood stove burning from outside. What a nice start. In the entry and lobby area there are vintage magazines and signage for sale like in most of their restaurants. I love looking through these. We were seated promptly. Our waitress went over the lunch specials and beers on draft. I think though it would be beneficial to have the beers listed somewhere. I have a hard time processing them all quickly. I got a half a sandwich and soup combo, the apple butternut soul was wonderful. The Ruben my dad had looked wonderful...cleaned his plate. My might raved about the pork tacos. They ear were very good for the small bite she let me have. Would be great with a salad for dinner. Lunch was reasonably priced. There is a cute country store across the street with many gift ideas and food items. They also sell their branded wine over there. Worth a stop in. If we are in the area again we will be back.

Visited March 2014