“Great food”

Common Man
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Ashland
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Concord, New Hampshire
“Great food”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I visited this place after a hike for a beautiful view of Squam Lake and the lakes and mountains region of NH. This is the original spot of a now fairly large group of Common Mans in NH. The facility is quaint and comfortable. We were promptly greeted and shown to a table by the windows. Our server came and got us started with some draft beers which we needed to rehydrate :) She returned and we ordered our food. The time for our food to arrive was reasonable and the food was delicious. I had a wrap with chicken and maple sausage with plenty of greens. My wife very much enjoyed her entre as well. The Common Man has a long tradition oh making and serving great food in a comfortable setting. This visit met the standard. The company I believe has made an agreement with the state of NH to run restaurants at the rest stop on I 93 in Hocksett. It will be interesting to see how their model works on the Interstate. I am pretty sure it will NOT be like the scene from " Five Easy Pieces" on the Jersey Turnpike. If you come to NH stop by to enjoy a very good meal with a company that values local foods and old fashioned service..

• Visited June 2014

Tavernier, Florida, United States
“August 10, 2014”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family of 5 ate here for dinner on a family recommendation. The entrees were very hit or miss. Mybson had the cod and it was fantastic, as was the lobster chowder. The crab cakes were a mushy, cartilage filled mess. The sides of rice pilaf and corn were also mediocre. The bread basket and salad were delicious. I am a foodie and had hoped for more consistency.

• Visited August 2014
Port Charlotte, FL
“an oldie but goodie”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The common man has a very good reputation in New England. The one in Ashland has been there for a long time, and has an atmosphere that makes you feel like your dining with the original pilgrims. It is in my opinion a landmark. We went for an early bird dinner where entrees are half size and half price. Since we don't eat as much as we used to, we thought this would be ideal. The food was very good and the portions were even larger than we expected. If you are in this area of New Hampshire, you dine here both for the food and the experience.

1 Thank FLJoMa
boston
“fun place”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

stop here on our ride home from a great weekend away. food was great. a couple of us shared some escargot, and they were delish. nice and garlicky. the french onion soup was very good and we shared the special of short ribs and mashed potatoes..sorry we could not fit dessert, but everything sounded so good.

Wallingford, Connecticut
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed overnight in Ashland by chance and this restaurant was recommended to us. We are so happy it was!
It was an interesting building and decor and the menu had so many choices. Our server - Nicole - was very attentive and a great help in meal choices.
We split the butternut squash raviolis with bacon and cranberries and wished there were more. The men in our group all had prime rib which they devoured! I had the portobello mushroom stuffed with tabouli, cranberries braised greens and a side of basmati rice. My friend had a cucumber and tomato salad that was huge! All of our meals came with a side salad (except the salad meal!), and there were cheese spreads and crackers up front to nibble on. Nicole served us white chocolate after dinner and I split a creme brûlée with my husband and another person had the toll house cookie pie - both excellent.
With 3 people drinking wine (4 glasses total?), and 5 meals the bill came to $152. We thought that was an excellent evening for that price!
When we're in that area again, we'll look for a Common Man restaurant!