Movenpick Hotel Bahrain
ibis Styles
US$67
US$51
Priceline
All reviewsclose to the airportthursday nightgreat hotelshort staysushiexcellent foodgreat facilitiessteak nightbusiness tripsaudi arabiashuttle buslive musicenjoyable stayroom servicecomfortable roomsnice poolbrunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

however they did not supply a shuttle to get me from the airport to the hotel after a late night arrival

i did not have a cell phone and no one in the airport could tell me how to contact the hotel

so ended up walking carrying two heavy suitcases - i was a bit pissed the sidewalks are broken and poorly lit!

but the hotel was fine

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank MDonVacation
Bahrain_Manager, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear writer

Many thanks for the comments on Trip Advisor and my apologies that we have missed your pick up from the Airport. Please contact me once you want to reserve again under my e-mail heinz.kraehenbuehl@moevenpick.com and we will make up for the mistake.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed for nearly 2 months on business so got to know the staff quit well.
They were all very pleasant and helpful; they would never pass you without a greeting of some sort and nearly everyone knew my name.
The hotel is spotlessly clean throughout, rooms are a good size and the bathrooms well appointed, apart from the shower cubicles, could of done with spending a little bit more on these.
The pool is a good size and never too busy and there is a 3k walk round the lagoon next to the hotel that is very busy with locals and very safe.
The food was good and the buffet nights and Friday brunch were excellent and very popular with locals and Expat residents.
Free internet, (about time other hotels adopted this service)
Great room service and asked you to call once finished so they could collect the tray.
This hotel is not run like an airport hotel; the staff really care and will do anything to assist you during your stay.

1  Thank buckieloon
Bahrain_Manager, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Dear writer
First of all many thanks for staying with us for more than 2 months. I am delighted to read your encouraging notes commenting on the level of service and the friendly employees. No doubt we are located only a 300 meters from the airport, but the hotel is not one of the his typical airport location. The product is far more relaxing and more an resort than a business hotel. Our Food and Beverage operation especially the Thursday night and the Friday family brunches are the best in town. We also won in November the prestigious award of being the best Airport hotel in the Middle East.

Many thanks again for your nice comments.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 16 nights with my work so got to know the place inside out.

Check in was efficient although they initially checked me into a twin room, later in the day they managed to put me into a king which I thought was much nicer. The twin rooms feature light wood fittings and the twin rooms darker wood which I felt looked better and more calming. The rooms are very spacious. The bathrooms are nice although quite standard but decent towels and loccitane toiletries were really nice. Internet is complimentary for guests. I found the housekeeping was excellent and the whole hotel was really clean. I had a recurring problem with my toilet which was fixed but kept coming back again - they saw to it every time

The pool area and lobby area are excellent and have a resrot feel so you can really enjoy your time. The gym is small but has all you need for a basic workout. The towels could do with renewing I think though.

The f&b offering is basically good although the al-a-carte menu is limited and for a long stay you will start to get quite bored with it. I managed to try one of their steak night buffets and was very impressed with the quality and quantity. Its around 23 local including alcohol but at $70 thats still expensive. Alcohol was quite expensive throughout.

The staff were really good throughout and all pleasant, good english and hard working.

For an airport hotel you will struggle to find better and in fact I enjoyed it even as a place for a few days break as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Bahrain_Manager, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear writter

I was delighted to read your comments on the Moevenpick Hotel Bahrain. Many times we find comments from clients we are too far out of the city, although only 10 minutes car ride away from the city center of Manama. We feel the benefits of being a tranquil and relaxing place away from the traffic with a total resort feel is the right description of our airport resort hotel. And the good news we are in progress of opening our Spa with 11 treatment rooms in May 2014. So the hotel is going to be a total retreat island.

See you soon back at the Moevenpick Hotel Bahrain

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The friendly staff and management is one of the reasons we keep going back to the Moevenpick!
They always welcome us back and go out of their way to be sure we are comfortable.

The Friday brunch is one of the best in Bahrain - delicious prime rib and seafood , just to name a couple of the great dishes they serve!

The pool area is gorgeous with comfortable lounge furniture and the staff are attentive but not pesky like some of the other local 5 star hotels.

The location is near the airport - so it is a great place to relax on your way out of the country or even to rest upon return - they can pick you up as needed.

Room Tip: If you prefer a room with a bath tub or a pool view just ask and they will do their best to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I was delighted to read your comments on the Moevenpick Hotel Bahrain. Many times we find comments from clients we are too far out of the city, although only 10 minutes car ride away from the city center of Manama. We feel the benefits of being a tranquil and relaxing place away from the traffic with a total resort feel is the right description of our airport resort hotel. Thanks again for the comment about the best and award winning Friday Brunch in Bahrain. We are at the moment planning the next culinary highlight which is the Thursday night brunch starting from the 6th of November 2013. This is more of evening night affair spreading allover the hotels restaurants, cocktail, bar live entertainment and DJ. This is an event you should not miss in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2013

A rather attractive hotel on the inside what with glass lifts servicing the 3 guest floors ...well laid out lounge and restaurant areas ... Pool is lovely to have sundowners around as the sunset over the lagoon area is very nice . Service is very good. Attentive staff and no delays in getting any orders that one may place. We had light cheeseburger meals and came well presented and were really tasty.. All items are fairly expensive as the currency BD is rather strong (3$ to 1 BD) so be prepared for a shock if you use the goodies from your room mini bar etc...!!
Rooms are fair size, beds super comfy with top class linen etc.. All bathroom goodies supplied inc bath robes and slippers. Room tea and coffee and fruit plus bottled water is complimentary.
They provide a shuttle to the airport which is close but nice to take if you feel like paying 3BD's
Overall, a very pleasant hotel, efficient and friendly staff and I had no problems any areas.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Bahrain_Manager, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for the nice comments and we are all so happy that you have enjoyed the resort atmosphere of the hotel.

Looking forward to have you back in not too distant future.

With best regards,