“Must try Friday Brunch”

Movenpick Hotel Bahrain
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Al Muharraq
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The buffet costs bd24. The food is excellent. They have a cooking station with fresh seafood and meat. They also have Sushi, dumplings, roast pork, beef and lamb, all sorts of salads, delicious soups like Laksa and Miso, mojitos, fresh juices, to name a few. Don't forget to order their Irish coffee. Practically anything you see is included in the buffet. Kids also get a treat of face painting, balloon artist entertainment and freshly popped caramel popcorn.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_Bahrain, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Diana R,

Thank you for your great review on tripadvisor!

I am glad to read you have enjoyed our famous Friday Brunch.

We hope to see you back soon!

Best Regards,

Daniel Kaan

There are newer reviews for Movenpick Hotel Bahrain

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I visited more than 5 times the Flamingo Bar in this famous hotel and i notes that beer kegs are stored in toilet. Moevenpick is that a right place to store our beer? The location of the hotel is near airport it is good to spend one night before your next flight.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank REDDRAGON78_10
DK_NLD80, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear REDDRAGON78_10,

Thank you for your comment on tripadvisor and your positive feedback about our location.

I can only fully agree with you with regards to your obesrvation on the storage of beer kegs.

I can assure you that this is not the case anymore.

We look forward to your next stay with us or visit to the Flamingo bar.

With best regards,

Daniel Kaan
Movenpick Bahrain

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here on business for about ten weeks in 2006, had one of the best times ever. The food is wonderful with two weekly themed meal evening and the legendary friday brunch. The staff were the best from the front desk to the porters on the door to the catering and bar staff, they were the friendliest bunch I've had the pleasure to be served by. The facilities were more than I expected and I used most of them . If I was ever in Bahrain again I would not hesitate to try and book into here again.

Room Tip: try and get one overlooking the infinity pool area.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RNA62
Bahrain_Manager, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Writer,

Many thanks for your excellent response. Though it was a great pleasure welcoming you back to the Movenpick Hotel Bahrain. I am so proud of our hotel employees for provididng excellent customer care services at its best.

I look forward to welcome you back to the Movenpick Hotel Bahrain in very near future and again our sincere thanks to you for taking your precious time to write your feedback.

Regards,

Heinz Krahenbhuehl

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Having been to the brunches of Dubai, I wasn't sure what to expect of brunches in Bahrain (this was to be my first). I went to brunch with my mum for mother's day weekend, and we have an absolutely fantastic time!

Firstly, my mum had requested a specific table and we were pleased to find they'd listened and showed us quickly to our table - beside a giant tree inside the atrium near (but not too near) the live band.

The food selection was great - not so much that you spend all day walking between rooms before you even manage to eat, but not to small that you are disappointed.

Foods included
Cheese room
Seafood (hot and cold) - including an option to select your own fresh fish and request how it's cooked!
Asian hot foods
traditional arabic food
British food - roast, mash, vegetables etc
Sushi
Dim Sum
and a load of deserts
There is also a mojito bar which was fab.

The only improvement I can think of is to slightly improve the service, we found that due to two rather large tables nearby, that we weren't getting served very often and a couple of times had to go and find a waitress.

The food was great, drinks were great and the atmosphere was lovely. I'd certainly go back again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KikiPigeon
Bahrain_Manager, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear guest,
Many thanks for the great comments of our Friday Brunch. It is nice to hear that you liked our spread and even found it superior to some of the Dubai Brunches. We do extremely well and normally we are booked out 2 weeks ahead. Will look into the service as you have right observed sometimes big groups are taking the attention of the employees away from the smaller tables.
See you soon maybe you should try the Thursday night brunch it is definitely the one and only in Bahrain and also extremely successful.
With kind regards

Heinz

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed for business for three nights. Overall impression very good, but let down by a couple of negative experiences.

Like Goldilocks, it took three attempts to get a room that I way happy with. The first room appeared to be above kitchen extractor fans and air conditioning units, and therefore too noisy (surely must have been a consideration when building the hotel?). The second room, whilst being a non-smoking room, had clearly recently been used by a smoker and was smelly (inspection of the room in advance should have easily picked up on this - turned down the offer if the hotel to spray air freshener). Finally, third room provided was clean, spacious and relatively quiet (just right).

Service for food tended to be a bit on the slow side, although this was probably due to fact number of other guests all descending to eat at similar times, so will give hotel benefit of doubt.

Given close vicinity to airport, expected more aircraft noise, but didn't really seem to make that much of an impact. Most noise came from the Thursday night brunch, which took place in the central atrium area, but this became much quieter from 11:30 pm.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Leeds_Rambler

Dear Writer

Thank you so much for your comments and my apologies that we had to change the room, I have discussed this with my department heads and corrective actions were taken to avoid such short comings. You are right the hotel is more a resort than an airport hotel.
Looking forward to welcome you back in Bahrain.

Heinz

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I did not expect to stop at this hotel but due a technical problem , my flight was cancelled so was dispatched to this hotel , this has happened before and when arriving you get the distinct feeling that at this time of morning your not really welcome, But not this hotel the staff at the front desk were most welcoming , it seemed they made a special effort due to the circumstances of my arrival. They fully explained what I was entitled to and explained that they would clarify if I had any queries. The room was twin room but adequate space and furniture was of a good standard the bed was comfortable and the room and bathroom were spotlessly clean, and due the close,proximity to airport extremely quiet, All the staff I met or had dealings with were very polite and helpful. I went down for breakfast which had a large selection of hot or cold food with bounds of bacon to order , I also had lunch and was not disappointed either as there an excellent choice to suite most people taste buds, had a fresh cooked Thai curry which was superb ,without reservation would recommend this hotel. I had an excellent stay I would like to add the staff were a credit to the hotel .

Room Tip: I was in a room facing the airport but had no problem with the noise ,and I would presume the rooms...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank James S
Bahrain_Manager, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Bahrain, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear guest

I would like to thank you for the feedback on TripAdvisor and we are so happy to have received your constructive comments. Indeed the hotel is little Oasis in the middle of a bird sanctuary and the quietness of the rooms is surprising being next to the airport. Employees are very friendly and we are used to guests coming from different airlines for a short layover, we never do treat any guest different and the friendliness of the employees is one of our strengths. We are also taking great pride with our food and beverage quality and we always strive to achieve a high quality in selection and freshness. Many thanks that you have pointed out this points to us and I will be sharing your comments with all our teams.

Heinz Kraehenbuehl

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Although a short distance from Bahrain International Airport, the Moevenpick has the feel of a resort hotel with water frontage, well maintained and spacious grounds, a good sized pool and an airy open entrance/atrium centre. Although they were kind enough to provide hotel transfers, if you knew the way and if you weren't overly encumbered by luggage you could easily walk the short distance between the airport and the hotel. The rooms were well maintained and spacious; the only draw backs being the above-the-bath showers (which were not as powerful or as convenient as many I have sampled) and the poor quality in-room iron - if the aspiration is to reach the highest of standards, providing a cheap and poor quality iron jars somewhat. Moving on to more positive aspects, the breakfast buffet (with short order chef) was excellent (I particularly enjoyed the "power shots" of superjuices) and the bar and associated outside seating area was comfortable and well provisioned. The service throughout the hotel was excellent - friendly, flexible and efficient..

Room Tip: Ask for a "waterside" room and you will be treated to pleasant views across the water - th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank deMerclesden

Dear guest
I would like to thank you for the feedback on TripAdvisor and we are so happy to have received your constructive comments. Indeed the hotel is little Oasis in the middle of a bird sanctuary and the quietness of the rooms is surprising being next to the airport. I have noted both your comments about the shower water pressure and the iron and we will work on the improvements.
Hope to see you soon in Bahrain in not too distant future.

Heinz Kraehenbuehl

InterContinental Regency Bahrain
Elite Resort & Spa
Elite Resort & Spa
#12 of 133 in Manama

Been to Movenpick Hotel Bahrain? Share your experiences!