Belize Boutique Resort & Spa
Cayo Espanto(San Pedro)
  • Breakfast included
De Real Macaw(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Beachfront
Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$76
Popeyes Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)
US$58
Agoda.com
US$229
  • Pool
Rainbow Hotel(Caye Caulker)
TripAdvisor
Seaside Cabanas(Caye Caulker)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrum punchhorseback ridingcave tubinghibiscus flowersmayan ruinsbug sprayday tripoff the beaten pathunique experienceour honeymoonhidden treasurealtun hacouples massagethrough customssan pedrogrounds are beautifulevery meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2011

The Maruba Resort is situated in the middle of the jungle. It is an oasis in the middle of Maskall Village. The surrounding village area is somewhat depressed but once on the resort it is like being whisked away to another world. The design of the suites were unique and lovely, making you feel that you are not just on vacation in a generic hotel but in a specially crafted jungle paradise. The decor had a jungle flair unlike no other I have seen, and I've seen my share. The staff, Melanie and Nicky, were wonderful, greeting guest in a personal and informal manner. There was no stuffy check-in desk. Instead, there was a large lounge area where complimentary rum punch or fruit punch are served. Throughout my stay the food was amazing. I'm a vegetarian which sometimes makes restaurant eating a challenge, but at this resort I had a choice of different vegetarian entrees everyday. I really appreciated the options and the personal table service from the gracious waitresses. Finally, the tour/day excursion choices were great and the resort tour guide David was awesome. We went cave tubing, snorkeling, hiking in the jungle to Mayan ruins. Each trip was really wonderful. Even though the resort is a little out of the way, from the beach, it is worth the trip. The awesome accommodations, amazing staff, wonderful food, and beautiful setting more than makes up for a car ride to town. I would recommend the resort and if I ever return to Belize I would stay at Maruba.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank seeingtheworldgal
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Creating comfort and luxury in the jungle is not simple, but Nicki and Melanie made it look easy. Such kind people! If you're in Belize on business, do not stay in Belize City or Belmopan. Rent a car and enjoy the nice commute out to Maruba! You can drive paved roads into the bush to this wonderful spa and enjoy your dinners in the best jungle resort in Belize. The owners create a cool vibe that somehow keeps the mosquitos away....amazing! :-)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The staff at Maruba makes it what it is, which is wonderful and welcoming and beautiful. They are most accommodating and professional. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and colorful.
The food is sinfully delicious and mouthwatering.
I will recommend Maruba to all my friends.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank belmopan80
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to book at Maruba because we wanted some adventure and relaxation. Maruba exceeded our expectations in every way. The room was so lovely and clean, the surrounds were peaceful and exotic, the food and drinks were amazing (so fresh and flavorful), the mood mud massage was unforgettable, but most of all the people and the service made our trip so special. The only negative thing is the mosquitoes but it was a small price to pay. We actually got engaged on the trip and they really helped make it special by setting up our romantic room. Then when I mentioned it was my birthday, Melanie and the staff set up special decorations for me. It was the most wonderful experience. Thank you to Melanie, Nicky, Dara, and Dave for helping us have the most amazing and memorable time in lovely Belize!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loan724
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Our stay here was amazing, we traveled to Belize for our honeymoon and stayed one week on the coast and just under one week at the Maruba resort. On arrival you are greeted by the owners with a complimentary cocktail and shown to your jungle villa... you don't have to carry any of your bags as they are taken by your driver straight to the room. Our room was fantastic, with very comfortable four poster bed, air-con and everything you would need...

You immediately feel relaxed and without any commitments... there are two pools with pool side drink and food service.

The menu is great with a variety of both vegetarian and meat dishes and the beer and wine is also very good!

My wife tried several of the treatments and was very relaxed and impressed... I also joined for a mood mud massage (and not that I am used to massage) I very much enjoyed the relaxing and unique experience... I would recommend you try it!!

All in all 10/10... I would certainly go back if we venture to Belize again!!

Thank you!!