We visited Maruba while on a Mayan temple tour. We had arranged ahead of time for massages and lunch. While the massages were wonderful, and the food was good, the food service was horrible. We were presented with 3 separate bills - 1 for 1 massage, another for another massage and the food bill. Then, the waitress came back and said that we had to pay for the drinks with CASH. We questioned this (not once but twice), and the waitress shrugged and said "that's just the way it is." We had only brought so much with us and had to dig for our last bit of cash to pay for it. Later, when we reported it to our hotel (who arranged all and was totally surprised by this), our hotel was told nothing other that they had "closed the ticket". Well, we were right there, and another ticket (the 4th one!) could just as well have been made. I was quite disappointed by this, having had good experiences previously. But needless to say, this incident left us all with a bad experience, and wondering about the "cash" request as well, because of it. So, be forewarned! Also, the facilities, pools, jacuzzis all seemed a trifle run down and worn. Looks like whoever is in charge really doesn't care.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EXPERIENCE BELIZE AT THIS ARTISANAL LUXURY BOUTIQUE RESORT & JUNGLE SPA Vacation in Paradise at this Hip Artisanal Luxury Boutique Resort & Jungle Spa! In the Mayan rainforest of Belize, Maruba Resort & Jungle Spa strikes the right balance between rustic charm and far flung modernism combining to make a vibe of urban jungle chic. Despite its remote jungle setting, this luxury Belize resort has all the pampering amenities of an upscale hotel. With only 16 rooms on this peaceful, private family owned 1000 acre property, seclusion is guaranteed when needed so you can relax from your busy schedule. Resident dj mixes eclectic vibes with the sounds of the jungle and the artisanal flair of the surroundings, making it a perfect haven for music lovers and artists. Disconnect from the world & recharge your batteries. Connect only when you choose! Your room will be a one-of-a-kind retreat painted in rich metallic colors with tropical hardwood ceilings, mosaic tile floors, exotic fabrics collected from around the world creating an aura of “tribal chic”. Accommodations include a lavish two bedroom loft, a picturesque treetop penthouse, luxurious honeymoon bungalows, one-of-a-kind standard rooms, and spacious junior suites. Maruba Belize Jungle Spa is the first Spa and Destination Spa, as well as the only full body spa in the country of Belize offering Massages such as the Signature Mood Mud Massage, Seaweed Massage and Aromatherapy Massages, Solo Massage, Couples Massages; Body Scrub, Body Wraps, Facials; Hair Packs, Spa Manicures and Spa Pedicures. Spa products are all made from natural ingredients found in Belize and the surrounding Mayan Jungle and are environmentally friend. Explore ancient Mayan Ruins & Caves, Snorkel at Shark Ray Alley and Immerse yourself in Belize with private tours. Experience the culture and history of Belize. Experience Distinctive Accommodations, Thrilling Adventures, an Incredible Jungle Spa, Dining & Cuisine and Top Notch Service! Experience Maruba Belize ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maruba Resort Jungle Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maruba Resort Jungle Hotel Maskall
- Maruba Hotel Jungle
- Maruba Resort Jungle Spa Belize/Maskall