I stayed at the resort with a girlfriend the weekend of October 4. Although it was named jungle spa, I did not realize we would actually be in the jungle. It was amazing to stay in the middle of the jungle. Despite not being an outdoorsy type of girl, this was a luxurious jungle experience. It was nice to hear the sounds of the jungle at night.
We experienced 5 star, first class service. When we arrived at the airport, the resort picked us up and the excellent service began there. We did not have to touch our bags. On the way to the resort our driver gave us a lot of information about the local culture, customs and the resort. As soon as we arrived at the resort we were greeted by Melanie, who was extremely gracious and helpful throughout our entire stay. She offered us drinks and let us relax while checking us into our room. We were offered dinner also and they agreed to serve us anywhere we wanted to eat in the resort. Melanie also gave us a tour of the resort and helped us pick what tours to book and spa treatments for the next day.
While laying by the pools, the staff came to check on us often to see if we need additional drinks or food and accommodated our every need. I've stayed at Ritz Carltons and Mandarin Orientals and the staff here is on the same level. Every staff member was eager to please and never said "no." Each staff member knew who we were whenever they greeted us.
We chose to take the zip line and cave tubing tour. Our guide, Delwyn, was also very helpful. This was our first time ever on a zip line. Raheem and Israel and the zip line facility made us feel safe and made it a fun and exciting time. The hiking and tubing experience afterwards was very relaxing as Delwyn was an excellent guide. The resort arranged a lunch at the zip line facility with a cloth tablecloth, cloth napkins, chargers, plates and rum punch. It was perfect. It was an amazing adventure. Delwyn allowed us to have a relaxing day.
When we returned to the resort we had spa treatments that were relaxing and enjoyable. The mood massage will give you pictures your friends will not believe.
Now that I'm home I miss that staff. They all hugged us when we left. They treated us like family. We will definitely return. I highly recommend this resort for a great getaway and vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare yourself for the ultimate experience in adventure & relaxation at Maruba Resort Jungle Spa, Belize. A short two-hour flight from Houston or Miami transports you to a place where you can fully immerse yourself in nature and truly relax. Maruba offers a great vacation escape in casual elegance.Voted the Best Boutique Spa by Spa Finder Readers’ Choice Award, and One of the Top 10 Spas in the Caribbean & Central Americas by Maco Destination Caribbean & Central America Magazine, the resort’s neo-primitive style with a touch of jungle urban flair makes it an eclectic and hip place to stay while indulging in everything a modern spa has to offer. Its restaurant boasts a nouveau jungle cuisine, best described as a fusion of “east of Paris meets the Caribbean”. Your room will be one-of-a-kind and features rich hues and textures, vaulted hardwood ceilings, mosaic tile floors, exotic fabric and beautiful carving made by local artisians. Signature bungalows offer 900 square feet of private space with an indoor lounge room, indulgent hot tubs, and incredible jungle views.Maruba is one of the first spas in Central America and offers a variety of exotic treatments which revitalize, detoxify, and reestablish the skin’s natural pH balance while leaving your skin feeling silky smooth. A must-try treatment is Maruba’s Mood Mud Massage – take your camera along for pictures! For those seeking adventure, several day tours available, such as exploring Maya Ruins, the rainforest and caves ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maruba Resort Jungle Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maruba Resort Jungle Hotel Maskall
- Maruba Hotel Jungle
- Maruba Resort Jungle Spa Belize/Maskall