I live on Ambergris Caye and when we our son and daughter visit from the States we decided to take a private boat from our dock to see the ruins and have lunch and massage at the resort . The ride to the resort was awesome weaving through backwaters very exotic and the boat dropped us off at some tiny rural town maybe 25 people and we were picked up by van which took us to the ruins and then on to the resort for a great lunch and awesome massage .. Not for the prudes as its a very relaxed place.
Its truly a jungle resort and lives up to its name . Will say that the hotel restroom kind of surprised us with all of the sexual related items etc but it just added to the exoticness of the place .
As I said we didn't spend a night and returned back to our house in Ambergris Caye for dinner .
Overall a very cool experience and would highly recommend it as part of a day trip if nothing else .
The most surprising aspect of this true jungle resort is finding a Racquetball court in the middle of the jungle . My son and I play R ball and to find a court in this jungle was quite the surprise ... I do wonder how or why they decided too put in a court ..must be an interesting story ..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EXPERIENCE BELIZE AT THIS ARTISANAL LUXURY BOUTIQUE RESORT & JUNGLE SPA Vacation in Paradise at this Hip Artisanal Luxury Boutique Resort & Jungle Spa! In the Mayan rainforest of Belize, Maruba Resort & Jungle Spa strikes the right balance between rustic charm and far flung modernism combining to make a vibe of urban jungle chic. Despite its remote jungle setting, this luxury Belize resort has all the pampering amenities of an upscale hotel. With only 16 rooms on this peaceful, private family owned 1000 acre property, seclusion is guaranteed when needed so you can relax from your busy schedule. Resident dj mixes eclectic vibes with the sounds of the jungle and the artisanal flair of the surroundings, making it a perfect haven for music lovers and artists. Disconnect from the world & recharge your batteries. Connect only when you choose! Your room will be a one-of-a-kind retreat painted in rich metallic colors with tropical hardwood ceilings, mosaic tile floors, exotic fabrics collected from around the world creating an aura of “tribal chic”. Accommodations include a lavish two bedroom loft, a picturesque treetop penthouse, luxurious honeymoon bungalows, one-of-a-kind standard rooms, and spacious junior suites. Maruba Belize Jungle Spa is the first Spa and Destination Spa, as well as the only full body spa in the country of Belize offering Massages such as the Signature Mood Mud Massage, Seaweed Massage and Aromatherapy Massages, Solo Massage, Couples Massages; Body Scrub, Body Wraps, Facials; Hair Packs, Spa Manicures and Spa Pedicures. Spa products are all made from natural ingredients found in Belize and the surrounding Mayan Jungle and are environmentally friend. Explore ancient Mayan Ruins & Caves, Snorkel at Shark Ray Alley and Immerse yourself in Belize with private tours. Experience the culture and history of Belize. Experience Distinctive Accommodations, Thrilling Adventures, an Incredible Jungle Spa, Dining & Cuisine and Top Notch Service! Experience Maruba Belize ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maruba Resort Jungle Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maruba Resort Jungle Hotel Maskall
- Maruba Hotel Jungle
- Maruba Resort Jungle Spa Belize/Maskall