We went to Maruba for our 10th anniversary. We stayed there before going to San Pedro which was perfect for us. Our busy lifestyle came to a screeching halt at Maruba. The lush tropical landscape and the paths around the resort were beautiful. We were upgraded to a junior suite. It was very colorful with lots of mosaic in the bathroom. Fresh hibiscus flowers everywhere; in the rooms, along the paths, on the tables, in the rum punch. We really enjoyed the food even though it is not cheap. The staff is very warm and welcoming, willing to cater to your every need. The spa treatments were wonderful, some are definitely not for the shy, though. We went on several pricey excursions but enjoyed them all. Our driver and guide was always Mario. He is excellent. Our room did have a TV to play CD's or DVD's, which we brought with us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare yourself for the ultimate experience in adventure & relaxation at Maruba Resort Jungle Spa, Belize. A short two-hour flight from Houston or Miami transports you to a place where you can fully immerse yourself in nature and truly relax. Maruba offers a great vacation escape in casual elegance.Voted the Best Boutique Spa by Spa Finder Readers’ Choice Award, and One of the Top 10 Spas in the Caribbean & Central Americas by Maco Destination Caribbean & Central America Magazine, the resort’s neo-primitive style with a touch of jungle urban flair makes it an eclectic and hip place to stay while indulging in everything a modern spa has to offer. Its restaurant boasts a nouveau jungle cuisine, best described as a fusion of “east of Paris meets the Caribbean”. Your room will be one-of-a-kind and features rich hues and textures, vaulted hardwood ceilings, mosaic tile floors, exotic fabric and beautiful carving made by local artisians. Signature bungalows offer 900 square feet of private space with an indoor lounge room, indulgent hot tubs, and incredible jungle views.Maruba is one of the first spas in Central America and offers a variety of exotic treatments which revitalize, detoxify, and reestablish the skin’s natural pH balance while leaving your skin feeling silky smooth. A must-try treatment is Maruba’s Mood Mud Massage – take your camera along for pictures! For those seeking adventure, several day tours available, such as exploring Maya Ruins, the rainforest and caves ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maruba Resort Jungle Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maruba Resort Jungle Hotel Maskall
- Maruba Hotel Jungle
- Maruba Resort Jungle Spa Belize/Maskall