“Beautiful, luxurious, first class cuisine and exceptional service”

Maruba Resort Jungle Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Maskall
London
“Beautiful, luxurious, first class cuisine and exceptional service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2009

This is in the heart of the jungle and as soon as you arrive you know you've come somewhere very special. The service is exceptional, very personal and friendly. Everything is done is make your stay as pleasurable as possible. The spa offers a variety of treatments and we had the best massages we've ever had! The food and drinks are amazing. The jungle lodges are very luxuriant. It's just a real experience being here and the perfect place to unwind. Check out their website for photos and further info.
One piece of advice - it is in the jungle so do take long, loose and light clothing, otherwise you'll be bitten to bits!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Friendswood, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

Our Maruba experience started the minute we stepped out of Belize International Airport. We were collected by a very knowledgeable Driver/Guide. Our first impression of the grounds as we entered, was an incredible oasis in the heart of the Jungle. Talk about lush landscaping. We were greated by Melanie with rum punches dressed with hibiscus flowers. Our room was this very exotic Mayan haven with beautiful mosaic tiles. Every morning the Hibicus fairy strategically placed fresh flowers everywhere in our room even on the toilet seat. Flowers were also strewn along the paths. It was magical.
The spa treatments were in another category altogether. We did a couples scrub and massage. This was sceduled for 7:30PM. I have to stress that this was the most amazing experience ever. Our masseuse met us at the reception area and escorted us to the spa. The room was an amazing open aired retreat with the 2 tables side by side. Open our eyes and we were met with stars that we could almost reach out and touch. I was tempted to bring Carlos, my masseur home. Our only regret was that we did not have the time to schedule other treatments. We will have to save that for our next visit.
Being a vegetarian, I was quite impress with the quality and selection of entres. It's all in the presentation. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner was no only delicious but very artfully presented and those fresh fruit juices at breakfast was to die for.
This resort is definitely a family affair. Run by a husband wife team and of course Master Merickston. He is all of 7 years old and quite the hotelier. We will definitely be back any time we need a little TLC and to reingnite the spark.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

I visited Maruba with friends for a three day vacation and we had a great time. The resort is well-designed, peaceful and the ideal getaway from a hectic lifestyle. The resort is set in the middle of nature. The atmosphere is very calming with trees everywhere and no sounds of motorized vehicles. There are multiple oppurtunities to relax and be pampered: several swimming pools, hot tub, mineral bath etc. The massages and body treatments are sensational and the food and service are excellent. I would highly recommend Maruba resort for a relaxing/romantic vacation!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank KR2009Texas
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

One of the most amazing places on earth that I have been to!!! Entering Maruba is the feeling of incredible tranquility, the grounds are peaceful and breathe taking with the best landscaping of palm, coconut, tropical trees with fresh fruits and beautiful flowers all around. I went with two of my sisters and what an incredible time we had, I think we even got closer. You have to get the spa treatments (as many as you can). If not you will regret that you did not “The best spa treatment ever” after the treatments I felt very rejuvenated and ready for the world. Both sisters were a bit conservative, however the staff makes you feel very comfortable and you do feel as if you are in another world….so take advantage of it.
Love this place…What a vacation!!! Total relaxsation, peaceful time, beauty and not forgetting the major parting at night (They know how to party if you want or you can have a quiet night). What I liked about this place is they cater to what the guest wants; couple of nights major dancing and other nights nice and quiet can be the most romatice evening, but unfortunately with sisters…not romatic.
Looking forward to my next vacation at Maruba Spa and Resort. I’ll be visiting this place again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2009

I had been considering staying at Maruba for a few days and ultimately decided to stay on the beach. When I had the opportunity to go there as a part of a day trip and get a massage, I grabbed it. I had heard wonderful things about the resort and of course, the mood mud massage. My friend and I booked the massage through our hotel. We ate lunch and were told that we would be picked up for our massage. We went to the "visitor" pool and waited. Just as the mosquitoes began to become impossible, they came to get us. As we approached the spa, the woman escorting us asked if it would be ok if one of us had a male massage therapist. There were three of us, an older woman, part of our tour, immediately said she would definitely mind. I knew my friend would be uncomfortable with it - so I said I it was fine with me. I have had male massage therapists before and it has never been a problem, as they are always so careful to respect your privacy. When my friend and I entered the spa, they had set up tables side by side. We not a couple and asked to be separated. When I settled in, I was handed a pair of paper thong underwear - makes sense, since you are going to be covered in mud. I put them on, hopped up on the table, and waited for the therapist. When he entered the room, he ripped off the sheet covering me leaving me bare butt on the table. I decided I could handle this, but hoped that when I turned over, that he would cover my breasts and genitals. Well, he didn't. Not only that, but as I lay there with nothing but a sheer paper thong, he applied mud to my breasts. I am not an uptight person and generally have no problem with nudity, topless beaches, etc., but when this strange man started rubbing mud onto my breasts I thought I was going to jump straight off the table. When the massage is over, they lead you, covered in mud, with a hibiscus flower on each breast and a banana leaf between your legs through an open garden to an enclosed outdoor bath area. Since we had previously asked to be in separate massage areas, you'd think they would have figured out we were not a couple, but they only had one bathtub filled for us! The entire experience was an adventure for sure and if I had been with a lover, I would have looked at it differently. But having a male massage therapist and no respect for my nudity would not have been ok under any circumstances.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank Traveler20
St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2009

We went to Maruba for our 10th anniversary. We stayed there before going to San Pedro which was perfect for us. Our busy lifestyle came to a screeching halt at Maruba. The lush tropical landscape and the paths around the resort were beautiful. We were upgraded to a junior suite. It was very colorful with lots of mosaic in the bathroom. Fresh hibiscus flowers everywhere; in the rooms, along the paths, on the tables, in the rum punch. We really enjoyed the food even though it is not cheap. The staff is very warm and welcoming, willing to cater to your every need. The spa treatments were wonderful, some are definitely not for the shy, though. We went on several pricey excursions but enjoyed them all. Our driver and guide was always Mario. He is excellent. Our room did have a TV to play CD's or DVD's, which we brought with us.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2009

Maruba the stangest hotel I ever stayed in

If you like kitsch primitive this is the place for you. The staff is very serviceable. Melanie was great. I had the mud massage and facial and it was very relaxing. Massage is always too short! Afterwards you take a bath in a big tub with warm water. I had the Japanese Mineral bath all to myself. It is warm water that has “minerals” added, but I was unable to find out exactly what minerals. There are 2 cold water pools that are not as nice as the pictures show. We had the junior suit. Stanger décor with silver plated walls with fanta, coke, and beer bottles in the wall, with broken ceramic floors and walls in the bedroom and bath. They have nice gel, shampoo and lotion. No TV in the room but there is one in a casita next to the restaurant. They have a few old DVD’s you can take to the room. Better stay here in your way out of the country than the city. Tranquil and peaceful. One meal was fairly good and one was really bad. The portions for the Ceviche was tiny, half a custard cup and it was $15.00 US. My terrible shrimp pasta dish was $25.00 US. The salad was good and the coffee the best we had in Belize. There is nothing else around it, so you have to have your meals here. They have a poor parrot in a cage. I am sure he is totally depressed hearing his friends flying around. I don’t know why people have a need to cage animals.

• Liked — Mineral Japanese pool
  • Disliked — Food
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Starviagera
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maskall
Black Orchid Resort
#1 of 21 in San Pedro
Royal Caribbean Resort
Royal Caribbean Resort
#33 of 54 in San Pedro

Been to Maruba Resort Jungle Spa? Share your experiences!