We stayed here only one night and were glad we weren't scheduled for longer. I can only describe it as "Alice in Wonderland" meets Salvador Dali. It was just too funky for us, and the brown water in the toilet was a real turn-off. They have incense burning all the time in the public areas and can arrange for a hookah for you after dinner. I guess we are just not "hip" enough to fit their usual client profile. The resort setting itself is rather pretty, although it rained the whole time we were there so we couldn't appreciate it as much as we might otherwise have. Our room was cold and drafty so we had to put a comforter on the bed at night. We were the only ones in the dining room for both dinner and breakfast the next morning, which was kind of strange, and the food was very mediocre. The menu was small and there were not many selections to choose from either. I think there were only 2 other couples there when we were, so it seemed deserted and kind of creepy to us. They have a modest selection of DVD's you can borrow to watch in your room, but the one we selected had the wrong DVD in it and the other copy did as well. This place is way over-priced.
We did have the most fabulous guide though (David Chan) who took us to Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary and Altun Ha. He knows EVERYTHING about the Mayan ruins there, and is just terrific!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare yourself for the ultimate experience in adventure & relaxation at Maruba Resort Jungle Spa, Belize. A short two-hour flight from Houston or Miami transports you to a place where you can fully immerse yourself in nature and truly relax. Maruba offers a great vacation escape in casual elegance.Voted the Best Boutique Spa by Spa Finder Readers’ Choice Award, and One of the Top 10 Spas in the Caribbean & Central Americas by Maco Destination Caribbean & Central America Magazine, the resort’s neo-primitive style with a touch of jungle urban flair makes it an eclectic and hip place to stay while indulging in everything a modern spa has to offer. Its restaurant boasts a nouveau jungle cuisine, best described as a fusion of “east of Paris meets the Caribbean”. Your room will be one-of-a-kind and features rich hues and textures, vaulted hardwood ceilings, mosaic tile floors, exotic fabric and beautiful carving made by local artisians. Signature bungalows offer 900 square feet of private space with an indoor lounge room, indulgent hot tubs, and incredible jungle views.Maruba is one of the first spas in Central America and offers a variety of exotic treatments which revitalize, detoxify, and reestablish the skin’s natural pH balance while leaving your skin feeling silky smooth. A must-try treatment is Maruba’s Mood Mud Massage – take your camera along for pictures! For those seeking adventure, several day tours available, such as exploring Maya Ruins, the rainforest and caves ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maruba Resort Jungle Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maruba Resort Jungle Hotel Maskall
- Maruba Hotel Jungle
- Maruba Resort Jungle Spa Belize/Maskall