“I couldn't ask for a better place to stay!!”
Review of Nautical Inn

and 1 more site!
Nautical Inn
Reviewed 16 October 2013

What to say about the Nautical Inn?? It was the BEST resort I have ever stayed at while on vacation! We were treated as family, and anything that we needed Ben and Jovita took VERY good care of us. We spent an entire week in Belize and explored so many wonderful things. If you are ever looking for a place to stay.. THIS IS IT! Poolside service, beautiful views and rooms, amazing staff, and the place looked amazing. It was paradise for us.. and I cannot wait to go back. This will be the place we go to again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 September 2013

It's been about a month since I stayed at the Nautical Inn, and my post-vacation glow has yet to fade away. It's difficult to put into words how much fun I had on my trip to Belize. But here goes... Belize is a gorgeous country with its aquamarine waters and amazingly friendly people. The Nautical Inn exemplifies this spirit. Ben and his staff did everything possible to make sure our trip was amazing. Full day of Scuba Diving? Yep. Monkey River Tour? Yep. Fresh Coconut drinks on the beach? Oh yes.

Couple of things you must try at the Nautical Inn:
Coconut bowling
Jovita's fry jacks (had these every morning)
Sha's Fruity rum drinks
Sea Kayaks
Relax on the palapa at night (the stars were unbelievable!)
Sip a coconut drink from one of the beach hammocks
Snuggle up w/your loved one and listen to the rain storms roll in at night

1  Thank Kate S
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We randomly discovered Nautical Inn through the co-owner and manager Ben while eating at the local restaurant in Seine Bight just 2 days ago. While on a bike ride from Placencia to Seine Beth to explore the village, friendly Ben walked into Verno where we were eating. As we enjoyed our delicious local Hudet meal (fish soup n plantain), our interaction with Ben lead to an invite for a swim at the Nautical Inn pool. After a 4 mile bike ride from Placencia, we definitely needed to cool off. We went to the pool and o my goodness, I was blown away by the incredible and spectacular view. Its like looking at a slice of paradise. The beach is right at the foot step of the Nautical Inn. We interacted with the friendly staff and the atmosphere is lay back and enjoyable. The resort is very nice and Ben makes all his guest feels welcomed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elton R
Reviewed 5 September 2013

It's important for me to note when I travel it's not just to relax on the beach and drink coconut drinks, if said things are available. That being said I still want good food, local people to talk to and learn from and plenty of coconut drinks....I guess I lied the first time around. The Inn was very quaint and the room was by far bigger than I have experienced here in the states for far less money. Be careful as you won't want to leave after Jovita cooks for you or Sha makes you a local fruit and rum drink (ask for fry-jacks...mmmm..soooo good). We did all kinds of adventuring like a Monkey River boat tour, Scuba at Avadon Dive, and a Mayan Ruin Tour all set up by the staff at the Inn. We even did some non conventional adventuring like riding the bus(es) from the airport all the way to the Nautical Inn with no idea what bus(es) to take. Everyone was happy to help us($38 US for 3 peolpe and tons of great conversations with locals).

1  Thank nobs0717
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The best place in Belize! The staff is AMAZING! Everyone was friendly and incredibly helpful! My friends and I were welcomed by Jovita and Sha...some of the sweetest people I've ever met in my life. Ben, the manager, did everything possible to make our stay first class...and he succeeded! The views at this resort are BREATH TAKING! I encourage all guests to enjoy a night or two at the palapa...you won't regret it! It's poetic...surreal! The rooms are cozy and clean. The food was delicious and so were all the drinks that keep on coming!! Love me some Belikin!

I've stayed at many hotels/reosrts around the world and I can tell you the staff makes all the difference...and the staff at the Nautical Inn are top notch! Thanks to the suggestions of Ben, I had the trip of a lifetime!

I will for sure visit Placencia, Belize again...and the only place I'll be staying is the Nautical Inn!

3  Thank Marissa79
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was in Placencia area in May and June 2013 and ate at the restaurant many times. The food was awesome and the service was fantastic. The people are so nice and the food prices are as reasonable as any place in Placencia.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BelizeScott
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I took a chance booking with Nautical Inn and so glad we did. We arrived and were greeted like we were family. The owners son was filling in and rolled out the red carpet. Our room was quaint and because we were the only guests that day we were upgraded no charge. The pool was refreshing and Ben's poolside service was fantastic. His bar manager was super sweet and his cook taught me some of her culinary secrets in the kitchen. Her meals were home cooked and wonderful. Portions were large for the price and their bar serves cold mugs of yummy Beliken beer. We will be going back next year.

• Stayed: July 2013
Laru Beya Resort & Villas
Laru Beya Resort & Villas
#6 of 20 in Placencia
Belize Ocean Club Adventure Resort

Been to Nautical Inn? Share your experiences!