“Good hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cotonou
Myosotis Residence Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cotonou
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Good overall service. Clean and elegant. The staff are professional and the overall environment of the hotel is welcoming. The breakfast buffet could use some variation and the room service menu could be further developed - but an overall pleasant stay. Thanks to the Myosotis staff.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank juliefidelina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The Myosotis is an interesting hotel because the rooms combine the best of a luxury hotel with small kitchens making extended stays quite comfortable. This is a very new property, which I would say is probably the nicest in the country. Until the power goes out, you can easily forget you are in Benin while in the room. The location in the middle of town with lots of shopping and dining within walking distance makes it a great option for those who like to explore. And the rates were very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Well furnished apartment that gives you the liberty to cook basic food. Very comfortable bed and modern furnishing. DVD player was provided, thus it is advisable to come with your CDs.TV stations are basically French speaking except for CNN. Does not give you language options. Restaurant food was a bit too expensive and very basic; did not get value for money(for food). Staff was very polite and friendly and tried to speak basic English. The hotel accomodation is far better than Novatel. However Novatel has a more serene environment. Myosotis is right at the center of the Cotonou town and quite a busy environment. However rooms are quiet and peaceful. There was no gymnasium. Hoping that the hotel management will provide one.I stayed with my wife for 4 nights and may choose the hotel at my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms that give you sea view are preferred.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This review is just for the spa, which can be visited by the public. This is by far the nicest spa in town. You get a robe and slippers when you enter, decor is modern, staff is friendly and well trained, etc. Pedicures are given on a balcony overlooking the sea. Only downside is the price. Expect to pay U.S. or European rates. A pedicure is about $20 USD and and hour-long massage is around $60 USD for instance. For Cotonou, these prices are kind of crazy. After a visit to the spa I like to have lunch at the bar on the roof, which has a nice view of the whole city.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank alsawo
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Stayed here for 3 days in July. Expectatations were perhaps too high after reading other reviews on TripAdvisor. The place works like a serviced apartment, which is good, if you want your own little kitchen (don't think there are too many of those options in Cotonou). The rooms are well sized and furniture is comfortable, room is decently decorated. It seemed quite clean, which is high on my wish-list.

Before I give my personal view, I will say I think this is good value if you travel with i.e. family on budget or has very specific food requirements, that means you absolutely must cook yourself. If it is just for a place to sleep, there are better options around - both around same price and also a bit higher. Again - for the price, you can get (not tariff), it is ok value.

I did not enjoy my stay though. The sleep quality was not good for me at least. The room I stayed in was moldy, with A/C running on full speed, it was still very humid and felt uncomfortable to me. The walls also show mold here and there, which confirms it. The feeling of waking up in a moldy room is just horrible to me.

I initially chose this, as I wanted to be able to cook. Not all the basic things needed for cooking was there though, the over was very poor and getting this to 200 degrees was quite a challenge. If you stay here to be able to cook yourself, don't expect to have a wide range of varieties you can cook. Noodles will work just fine though. They do clean your used plates etc., but don't dry it, so you are left to dry it with... toilet paper (there are no kitchen towels).

The service was quite poor, not all the way terrible. They don't have simply things stocked in the hotel though - water (I am not cooking with tap water here!), coca cola etc., which I find very poor. Eventually they got those things, but tell me, what kind of hotel does not ensure that have basic things in stock? (I mean, its not like its difficult to go and get it). The attitude from the male staff I encountered was more in the line of "it can wait" than actually doing a genuine effort to immediately assist a guest. You will face the frequent issue of giving an order, ask if understood, receive the "oui" - only to be called 35 minutes later to ask what you wanted... I just hate that. Expect them to call you 2-3 times for one thing.

The toilet had a very bad smell - probably from the sewer system, which also clocked for me, both toilet and sink. It was fixed, but the smell remained poor. The amneties in the toilet was not re-stocked when used; shampoo, body soap etc. The shower, for some strange reason, had one of those Chinese produced devices with 6-8 shower heads, but the water pressure is barely enough to use just one :-) Getting hot water took me around 5-7 minutes in the morning.

The internet in my room was poor, nor my computer or phone was able to obtain a good signal from the sleeping area, which resulted in frequently dropping the signal - very bad when you are on VPN and has to go through a lengthy login process again. Further the internet requires new login/passwork all the time, which is annoying. Can't understand why they don't just use a basic password and change weekly... Its not Marriott or Novotel here. When online, the speed is ok for this part of the world.

I am going to stay in Cotonou for another 2 months on hotel, so I might come back a few days, to see if I was just unlucky, in which case I'll post another review. I see they have rooms with Jacuzzi, which would be nice (if there is enough hot water in the building).

An upside: there is a nice pool and bar with a view, which is worth a visit. I will visit again.

Room Tip: The view is not a very nice one from any part of the building
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Martinwt
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed one night here. The room was a suite with a nice and comfortable bed, a sitting area, and a functional kitchen. We enjoyed the room service food as well. The only thing that bothered me a little was that there was a bit of moldy smell walking into the room.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Becky0222
yabogle, General Manager at Myosotis Residence Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear client,

Thank you for your kind review and trust. I was deeply saddened by the experience you had. It was brought to our attention during the month of May a really humid month in our country that such a problem was in certain rooms. We have since then taken the matter seriously and have found since then, what we hope to be lasting solutions. As a manager i am always welcoming reviews it allows us to better ourselves and hopefully give the customer a maximum satisfaction during their stay with us. Thank you once again for trusting us we hope you still do during your next stay thus tell the difference yourself.
Cheers.
Bonn
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Myosotis is well situated with shops and restaurants in walking distance. The rooms are big and clean. Some rooms smell strongly from humidity and mosquito spray (401 and 406 definitely), I was told others don't have this bad smell. The hotel's service is not very flexible. The beautiful hotel roof with pool and bar compensates a bit for this. Try out the nice Spa!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business