See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Just spent some days in my trusted Novotel in Cotonou which feels like coming home as always.

I have spent several nights in this hotel for the past 3 years and where is was slightly dissatisfied the first time I have now noticed that thanks to the new management my rating went from average to excellent!

Top staff, always friendly and very willing to help satisfy any request, warm and personal service in the bar and restaurant and stunning outside area, view and pool facilities, as well as very clean and tidy surroundings.

Taxi's at very democratic rates, with a/c (!) are available just outside the hotel and the pick-up bus from the hotel was actually present after landing in the middle of the night, which is very pleasant for a change.

Efficient and quick check-in and out and what I appreciate most of all is the similar infrastructure and atmosphere in all Novotels giving you the coming home feeling, even as a constant traveler like me.

A nice plus is also the management who takes the time to welcome guests and take the time for a little chat, which is pleasant when constantly travelling alone.

This hotel gets a 10/10 which is rare for me since I am spending about 150 nights in hotels per year.

Keep up the excellent work!

Room Tip: Rooms on a high floor with seaside views are excellent, so do not forget to ask for it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jan V
Richard R, Directeur général at Novotel Cotonou Orisha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Jan,
We would like to thank you for your comments and the time you took in writing those.
We have shared all those with our staff.
Be rest assured that we, at Novotel Cotonou make all necessary efforts to make your stay a pleasant one.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

You don't have much choice in Cotonou, but that does not excuse bad treatment of customors. The location and rooms are fine, but the reception staff were rude and I could never talk to a manager as they were always unavailable. I asked to have a double billing for breakfast removed from my bill, but frankly gave up as at some point there was just no point in aruguing with such rude staff and there was no-one reasonable availalbe to talk to. Frankly, I expect better service.
The wifi did not work, I was asked to wait for a technician to come. Guess what? He never did.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HeleninBeirut
Richard R, General Manager at Novotel Cotonou Orisha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Madam,

We thank you for your comments and for the time taken to share your experience with us.

The whole team joins me to express our sincere apologies for such misbehaviour from our part. Be rest assured that everything is put in place for such not to re-occur.

Your well being and your confort are at the centre of our objectives.

While waiting to welcoming you once more at Novotel Cotonou Orisha,

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Hotel is very good for the Tourist and business travelers and very close to the beach. Area was very safe , rooms were clean, Food was good. Helped me to get Vegetarian food. Had little difficulty With Internet but sorted when complained.. Great service..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank naman p
Richard R, Directeur général at Novotel Cotonou Orisha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Sir,

We have received your comments and greatly thank you for your remarks.

We aim to constantly serve and please our customers.

While waiting to welcoming you once more at Novotel Cotonou Orisha,

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I recently had to visit Cotonou on a business visit to a subsidiary of my company. Thinking that Novotel was a known name around the world, I was there. The duo managing the front desk were rude and had the worst English possible. Considering that a Novotel expects customers from all over the world, you would imagine that they would have someone who could speak English well.

I couldn't pay for the two nights at once as the POS wouldn't work. Even then the misbehaving POS was kept in a dingy room at the back of the front-office. Why wouldn't the POS work at Novotel? Were they expecting visitors to haul in cash from their countries?

They duo managing the desk kept talking to themselves without offering any bit of support.

Finally paid for a night after rummaging for loose changes and then went to my room which was a glorified Ibis. Bare, old and devoid of that distinction that should make it different from a budget hotel.

However the hotel managed to get more than 1 star when I met the officer manning the night duty, Jean Marc, who was direct opposite. He was helpful, easily put my phones on the internet, re-booked my rooms and was very pleasant.

Never the less, I would never visit Novotel again - it left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Room Tip: You can actually open the window and savor the view from the balcony
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Pinkjacket

Dear Sir,

We have received your comments and we would like to greatly thank you for your remarks.

We sincerely apologize for bad experience you faced while staying with us at Novotel Cotonou Orisha.

When next you come to Cotonou, please contact us directly to handle your booking and show you that things have improved at Novotel Cotonou Orisha.

While waitong to welcoming you once more at Novotel Cotonou Orisha,

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Though pricey, Novotel Orisha Cotonou provided all the necessities for business travel. Comfortable bed and ample worktop space for both work and life!

As with most other countries in this region, most TV stations are in french, with the exception of a few news channels so be prepared if you are anglo-inclined.

Good quality continental cuisine. And also a short drive away from Haie Vive, where you are spoilt for choice when it comes to cuisine options (found a nice indian restaurant - Tandoori Nights).

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms have the best view. No balcony though.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business