“Ok”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Copacabana
montreal, canada
“Ok”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

The staff was really rude. (not with me but with others) The beds are comfy enought. The hot water doesnt last long, at least we had a room with a lovely view. The prices are ok for what it is. We didnt had electricity for a while but this is normal in copacabana it happens ofthen.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Korean first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night after crossing the border from Peru and I'm totally disappointed! I read really good comments here.

First of all they are charging horrendous prices because of the festival tomorrow (180 Bob for a double) and second of all got money "lost" in my room. I went out for dinner and when I came back a 20 USD note was missing!
Bolivia is not Peru and a hotel with a lot of staff is not a family run hostel!

Rooms are not too bad though, just don't leave money in the room.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank worldtrip29

Travellers are raving about these Copacabana hotels

France
Reviewed 27 January 2014

A 4 bed room is 110 Bolivianos including breakfast which is £11! Rooms are really comfortable and spacious, the bathrooms are questionable though. Plus, the hotel's restaurant is really good value for money and tasty.
If you can, try to get a room on the third or fourth floor for the best views of the lake and sunsets.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
North Yorkshire, England
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The bus dropped us off right outside this hotel, and having seen it on trip advisor we decided to give it a shot. We went into reception and were quoted 120bs per double room per night, but when my boyfriend said we should go down the road to one that we knew was 100bs he soon gave us the room for the cheaper price. We paid upfront to avoid any problems later.

The room was simple but very comfortable, nice big double bed with private bathroom. It was a little chilly on a night so another layer would have been nice but otherwise it was perfect for the price. Showers worked fine, hot water and good pressure.

Wi-fi was ok - better than a lot of places in South America - but don't expect miracles. At least you get it in your room!

Breakfast - bread, jam, butter, some fruit, fruit juice and tea/coffee. Basic yes but better than a lot of places that we've been for similar prices in Bolivia! Also, breakfast is at 7am so if you have a trip that day you can grab a bite to eat beforehand :)

There was a secure luggage storage to keep our bags and they stored these without a problem.

Certainly did the job and no complaints

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Casablanca, Morocco
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed there three nights and we have to say that it was a good surprise.
Again, talking about the standards:
- it was quiet despite the location (stick to the bus stop on the main city place)
- room and bathroom clean enough
- professionnal staff. example: they came to see us to change us from room because of some works on the top level.
Outside the standards, you have a fast wifi, a great view from the rooftop and perhaps from your room on the 3rd or 4th floor.
Breakfast is basic for sure, nothing to expect there. They keep your luggage for free as others in Copacabana.
Rooms and facilities are not new but no bad smell and it's clean.
And this is the cheapest one we got in Bolivia for a double room with private bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Upon reading prior negative reviews I feel compelled to write my experience. After 6 months of hostels in Central and South America I found this place, in particular its location and value for money, up there with the best. I will review by responding to past criticism:
-noise: I didn't notice any unwanted noise but if you choose to stay on the main square, on the corner of the Main Street with the only bus stop outside, what do you expect? A little noise
-towels and toilet paper: just ask and they will provide! It's the first time in a month I haven't had to hire the towel. A bonus for sure!
-breakfast: more than stale bread and jam is a plus in this part of the world. The added fresh juice and banana was a treat. As for the coffee.. I LOVE being able to determine the strength myself, but just having coffee was special, let alone percolated.
-rats? No
-hot water: the longest continual
hot shower I've had for a while
- left luggage whilst on isla del sol and no problem
In summary this place is a hidden treasure. To get a private room with private bathroom and a semi-lake view for less than $10/night, ill take that! Everything else was a bonus.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank AussieK2
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I don't always drink in my hotelroom, but when I do, it needs a splendid view on the lake like in this hotel! First of all, the hotel is surprisingly cheap and breakfast is included! The inner courtyard is beautiful and every room counts with a TV. There is lots of mould in the shower and the staff is incredibly unmotivated. Nobody told us there was a roof terrace!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo