“My best meal..”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Copacabana
Geneva, Switzerland
“My best meal..”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We have ben traveling for 4 weeks, and upon arrival in this hotel, I could smell the food! I ordered the best spaghetti bolognese with their special chilly sauce! The room was very spacious overlooking Lake Titicaca. Staff were friendly and helpful. the restaurant had an excellent cook, and much cheaper than Peru! Definitely recommend this hotel, food, cleanliness price, and staff professionalism.Bravo!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Greek first
Yeppoon, Australia
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Had the best experience at hotel Rosario. From the moment we checked in the staff spoke English and went out of heir way to be friendly, informative and helpful. It was nice to stay here after our 4 day trek to Machu pichu. The rooms were spacious, extremely clean. I loved the decor of the room. Our room looked out over lake titicaca as well. The food in the restaurant is the best you'll find for a reasonable price, and the breakfast was beautiful as well. All in all my favourite hotel in south America thus far.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here for a few nights before and after our overnight visit to Isla del sol.
It was a great experience with a lovely room, beautiful breakfasts, pleasant enough dinners and welcoming staff.
Management were happy to store our bags while we overnighted on the isle.

I don't think you can do much better in Copacabana than stay here.
In fact I regret that we did not book ourselves into their La Paz hotel as well. I'm sure it would have been a worthwhile experience

PS- our room had views just as advertised on their website.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SeraDiver
fveraloza, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Rosario Lago Titicaca, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you very much for choosing us.
We feel so happy when reading such honoring comments from our guest, and we also feel sorry for you not experiencing our Rosario Hotel in La Paz, you will be welcomed there as well.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This sister hotel to La Paz was more luxurious as it was modern and there was a lovely garden looking towards Lake Titicaca. The bathroom was stunning by Sth American standards but you had to choose your time for hot water! Excellent position for looking around Copacabana and for catching a boat over to Sun Island

Room Tip: Overlooking the lake is great but maybe they all do
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi
That's true, Hotel Rosario Lago Titicaca is the younger sister of Rosario in La Paz. It has gone on a strong room renovation and local-contemporary decoration. All rooms at the Hotel have a wonderful view of the Sacred Lake (as we call Titicaca). Thanks for choosing us and welcome back whenever you wish.

York, PA
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I liked everything about Rosario. The room was large with spectacular views of the lake. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful -- most importantly for me, almost all of them spoke English. One morning I went to the restaurant for coffee before it opened. The coffee wasn't ready so I went back to my room. A few minutes later there was a knock on my door and there was the waiter bringing me a cup if coffee. That kind of service characterized my stay at Hotel Rosario.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Sandy
We feel so happy to know your experience at Hotel Rosario Lago Titicaca was enjoyable and pleasant. As a public Relation Manager of Grupo Rosario, I will transmit your appreciation to the waiters and encourage them to keep on with the excellent service they offered you. Thank you so much for your kind comment.
Regards

Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 7 February 2014

At the Hotel Rosario in Copacabana, for about $100 per night you can enjoy luxury. The accomodations are lovely. The rooms overlook the lake with wonderful views from everywhere. The morning sun, when it appeared, just bounced off the tile rooftops. The evening sunsets from the Terrace were spectacular.

The breakfasts were standard, eggs, pancakes, toast, fruit, yoghurt, cereal, etc, and well-prepared. You can order eggs anyway that you want them. The lunch and dinner servings were excellent, especially the trout with fennel (trucha).

There were computers in the lobby and wi fi in the rooms.

The staff was invariably friendly and helpful. This included every front desk receptionist, waiter, housekeeper. Almost everyone spoke at least enough English to be helpful, and many people were quite fluent. I speak Spanish and am always looking for opportunities to practice, so I found this a little unnerving.

Of course the rooms are clean and the water hot. The rooms are also spacious with good closet space.

The hotel is a little bit of a trek uphill from the bus drop offs, but other than that, it´s a convenient walk to most everything in Copacabana.

I can highly recommend the Hotel Rosario, especially every single member of the wait staff. We ate all of our meals at the Hotel, and received top-rated service from every single person, whether for breakfast or lunch and dinner.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
fveraloza, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Rosario Lago Titicaca, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Hi
What a great satisfaction to read your comment, that motivates us to keep on with the good work and maintain the service quality we offer.
Thanks for choosing us and you are welcome to return to our Hotels and Bolivia.

Grupo Rosario.
Gent
Reviewed 18 January 2014

When travelling alone, I'm usually okay with a bed in a dorm. However, now and then I do stay at a nicer hotel, and when I was in Bolivia, I could not have made a better choice than hotel Rosario Lago Titicaca. Great beds, awesome views, good breakfast, a seating area, a nice bathroom, ... it was everything I needed at that moment. Extremely expensive for Bolivian standards, but for most foreign travellers it will still feel like a bargain.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
fveraloza, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Rosario Lago Titicaca, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Hi
Thank you for your comments, we feel so pleased to hear from our guest that they had a nice time at any of our hotels. It´s been a long process of remodeling and decoration, hiring the best architects and interior designers of the region just for your satisfaction.
You are welcome to visit us again.
Best regards