“WORST HOTEL EVER”

Ranked #22 of 49 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Brussels, Belgium
“WORST HOTEL EVER”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is the worst hotel you can imagine!

I booked a room for one night in this hotel for my daughter studying spanish in Bolivia.

As it was her last night before flying back to Europe, I decided to pay for her room so she could keep her last Bolivian Bolivianos to get a nice meal before her way back.

I booked the room through Booking.com and specified them I was paying the room fee with my credit card which was not with her but here with me in Europe. I have been doing this all the time, with Booking.com in hotels in Dominican Republic, Qatar, Belize, Guatemala, USA, UK, France, etc. I never got any problem.

Upon arrival she was told she would need the actual visa card to process the payment . I called them to confirm I was the father and ok for being charged the room fee but they refused to try. I sent copies of my ID, written agreements, etc. I called booking.com who called them not once not twice not thrice but six times! They didn't care. They simply said they did not want to do it.

They basically chased my daughter out of the hotel, at 11pm. Me and 5 staff of Booking.com tried to convince them to process the payment manually. They knew my daughter had little money on herself and had nowhere else to go. The nearest available hotel that night was more than 40km away.

They didn't care. They just chased her away. She had to take a cab to the airport and sleep there alone.

I have never been so shocked of my life. They consciously refused to honor our booking by laziness.

Never choose them. They showed outrageously unprofessional behavior, switching off their phones lines and laughing at my completely lost daughter.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
20 Thank qdw

Solo
Cochabamba, Bolivia
Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

Rio Selva promises a lot, billing itself as a 5-star resort, but delivers in only a few aspects. We went looking for an ideal family place and found Rio Selva's proximity to Santa Cruz and Viru Viru, ample space and well-kept gardens, and multiple family activities including several pools and jacuzzis all attractive. However, there are a few key deficiencies including: lots and lots of bugs especially in the restaurant (OK, this is the countryside but still...); less than clean rooms and common areas including mold, infrequent changing of linens etc., and a general lack of helpful trained service staff. My biggest objection was being forced into the meal plan at the restaurant with loud music blaring away. If the food were superb that is one thing, but unfortunately it is not. I would have put fewer stars, but the grounds and landscaping are really nice.

• Stayed January 2013