“Pleasant Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Houston, Texas
“Pleasant Hotel”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been staying at this nice property since Sunday. The hotel is very clean, nice ample room and a very good wi-fi connection which is very important when traveling on business. The pools is gorgeous! Too bad it is a little cool outside to really enjoy sitting around the pool and enjoying a tropical drink.
The food here is good. This hotel has listed itself as a five star hotel which I think is a little presumptious. This hotel is missing a serious furniture update. I think if they brought in newer furnishings then they could strive to at least be a 4 star hotel. I look forward to visiting this hotel in a few months when the weather is much nicer, and hope that it is updated!
I do commend the staff for their great service and for keeping the hotel so nice and clean.

Room Tip: I think the rooms with a pool view are better
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sherina A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I've stayed about four times in this hotel and do not find it to be the best hotel in Bolivia. Breakfast changes very little, lunch is overpriced and it doesn't have the variety one would expect. Room service was horrible the last time ( well, it has never been great anyways). I was sick and ordered a simple chicken soup and some extra rice. The rice was cold and had a funny tasting tomato on the top, the chicken soup was so terrible I could not eat it, my husband tried it and it tasted absolutely horrible to him too. That soup was clear brown color with some uncooked veggies floating around in a small bowl with no one piece of chicken in it, no chicken taste and no taste in general expect the taste that they have quickly thrown some noddles on water and mixed with some leftover beef stock. When I complained about it, I was told that it is the style they cook it, NOW come on!!! No respectable chef would serve such meal!!! At 6 pm. a woman knocked the door briefly and then OPENED it and had no shame, no apology whatsoever and simply asked if wanted the service or not. We were SHOCKED coz I was NAKED and the woman at the door wanted to hand out a paper with some info for guests. She was RUDE and stubborn, after I asking her to leave and close the door, she STAYED and pushed her hand towards my husband to take the paper. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I was so upset, I complained about it, but I had the feeling that they were actually amused by the situation and of course they thought it totally normal for that woman to just open the door of out room like it was her home. No PRIVACY. The next day, I was at their restaurant and had ran to my room to use the toilet to find out my card key DID NOT WORK, so I asked a maid around to help me, she simply ask for the room number and went her way cleaning, after a few min waiting, and no one around to help me, I called my husband and he came running and open the door for me, after one hour, no one showed up, I had to ask them again to fix the problem. A man came to the door, he said: the key, fixed it and left. My husband bubbled a thank you in Spanish and that man didn't even answer. Go your way through the stairs or the hallway and their cleaning staff around will hardly greet you if they greet you at all. At night, we waited to a taxi for about half an hour, no taxi from the hotel showed up, we returned to the desk and they promised us to call a secure taxi for us, well when we got into that taxi, we found out it was picked from the street, it was not even a radio taxi and less the ones from the hotel. Their taxi service is double if not triple the real price, but a lot of guests are willing to pay it to be SAFE, but if they don't have enough taxis available then they pick random taxi drivers from the street to take you, so they don't really care about your SAFETY, only about the MONEY. After I order that "soup" I decided to check out and look for another hotel where they treat us with respect. There are hotels with bigger rooms, way better room service and polite staff.

Room Tip: The ones around the pool, but the beds are small and the deco is old.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Reiseliebeliz
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Nicely located hotel, well kept with a lot of green open air areas.
Its so clean and well kept that i almost slipped twice on the shiny floor.
The only downside is that the water pipes can get noisy in early morning, which woke me up several times.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2014

So much hospitality, pace, I love the back garden to take a good nap, beautiful trees, lovely people, very safe, food is fresh, rooms are good for the standars, good location, their special service transportation is very good I,recomended Mr. Guery Sandoval, very good driver. The spa i got a very good massage.
I LOVE BOLIVIA AND THE BOLIVIANS.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Vicky H
Santa cruz
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Five STAR Service! The brunch excellent choice, good food in the restaurant, very nice and Cousy rooms. The only complain I have is the pool the waiters took to much time to order not that many, I suggest to have more, that way we spent more lol.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Sammysantacruz
Pearl City, Illinois
Reviewed 23 February 2014

If travelling through Bolivia I would, without hesitation, recommend Los Tajibos as your island of quality hospitality. The very large manicured gardens are just wonderful to stroll through. Peacocks and parakeets as well as other colorful delights and jungle sounds surround you as you walk through the outdoor area. The pool is the centerpiece of the grounds with a swim up bar and colorful fountains. The rooms are rather basic as far as western standards though they are comfortable. Mine was located towards the back of the hotel which I found to be very quiet and provided a private solitude for my stay while I was in town for business. Though I was there by myself, I wouldn't hesitate to bring my family to this hotel. I found the facility to be all inclusive for my needs and the staff eagerly available to help for any situation. Considering where you are this place is definitely your safe haven and oasis of pleasure.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, the staff does a great job keeping everyone happy. Restaurant was good for lunch and dinner. The pool is very nice, includes a swim up bar. The room was ok, the beds were hard, lack of a good wifi signal in my room. I had to walk outside to get a strong enough signal. It has a few fountains with nice chairs to sit in outside. Very peaceful and quiet hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo