Gran Hotel Santa Cruz
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Sierra(Santa Cruz)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Aviador Hotel Boutique(Santa Cruz Department)
View Hotel
Las Palmas Hotel(Santa Cruz)
Hotel Asturias(Santa Cruz)
  • Pool
Senses Centro(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 September 2010

This hotel has seen better days, and might need some attention. Some colleagues has problems with showers in the morning, such as not having hot water or not having water at all. Staff was so-so.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank tomfor2
Reviewed 14 April 2010

As previous reviews have noted, a major decorative overhaul is looong overdue at this 70s relic. However if you want a large clean room with a good bed and decent bedding, good bathroom, wifi, TV and minibar, attentive friendly service and a central location, it's fine.

The pool is large and deep, and although the water is mysteriously opaque, it's lovely to swim in. Try to get a room with a view over the pool - you get a view across the city which isn't bad.

Breakfast has a wide selection of stuff and they'll make you eggs to your preference. Coffee is dire but I've yet to have a good one at a hotel so far in this city.

We negotiated a hefty discount off the rack rate, and at the price we paid, despite the swirly floral carpets and cracked plasterwork, we were happy.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2010

I wanted to write a review of this hotel since I'll be going back their for another weekend soon. I was there back in Sept 2009 for 2 weekends.

The staff is great. Always courteous and always available to assist. From the point of booking to the point of checking out- I had a pleasant experience. Their location was great and the rooms are pretty large. They even had an underground garage for free where I was parking my rented truck.

I didn't try the pool or sauna since I was busy and hopefully this time I can. I believe their was a security guard which is always a good thing for a good hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank RAVUSA
Reviewed 11 July 2009

I stayed in this hotel for three days, found the rooms to be huge, and very comfortable, excellent breakfast included in the rate, the staff was friendly and helpful ( dont speak spanish), location was perfect for my business trip, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank markLaPaz
Reviewed 18 January 2009

The accomodations are very old. It appears to have been luxurious one day, but not anymore.

The room is dusty and my friend got an allergy from being there. If you open the windown (bedroom's), you will see lots of pigeons outside and their dirt, which is a little disgusting. The blanket is old too.

It's located downtown, which is good and bad at the same time, because it's not a very safe place, though nothing happened. It's good because it's near some artcraft stores, the main square and some cafes. There is an ATM in front of the hotel. However, I think it's better to stay somewhere else, there are hotels located in better neighborhoods with good restaurants near.

There is a computer in the entrance with internet. But only one.

Breakfast is OK, with a couple of fruit juices, teas, breads and cakes, besides milk, coffee etc. By the way, coffee there is terrible, but that will happen everywhere in the city.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)