“Relaxing camping base for Chobe and Vic falls”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kasane
Senyati Safari Camp
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We camped at Senyati for 3 nights. Wonderful to have private ablutions and washup area. Camping sites are unfortunately relatively close to each other. The view towards the waterhole is also obscured by the chalets. But still a lovely place to spend time at. The deck overlooking the waterhole is open day and night. And the waterhole is lit up. I took my coffee early mornings and watched the bush wake up. Bar open at certain times. No restaurant.
The main lodge access is just suitable for 4x4's. Parts very sandy and one way traffic. We recommend the alternative road - especially when you have a trailor. Phone or email the lodge for instructions.
Really a perfect base for Kasane, Chobe and Vic falls. Staff were helpful and friendly and gave us good advise on traveling into Zimbabwe.
Abundant bird life as well as owls at night. We saw a great variety of game passing through the lodge.
I can definitely recommend this establishment!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Hannelie H

Reviewed 5 May 2014

In my capacity as a Travel Company General Manager I will write this review as objectively as possible as though reporting/recommending to clients. If you are prepared to forego a warm welcome and put up with a long, extremely rude and stressful check in procedure then you will find a camping facility with spectacular viewing from the lovely deck and an abundance of elephants. The sites are good and will meet your needs adequately, each site with a separate shower and toilet and a covered 'utility' section with a sink and electricity. Warm water always available through the donkey boiler system. We travel to the region at least once a year and will however NOT be returning due to the disgusting and utterly innappropriate behaviour of the front desk Manager, Lulu. On arrival on Monday 28th April we were met by the hostile and argumentative Lulu. The rates had increased significantly from the last visit by members of our party, deposit had been paid and our group of 11 wished to check in and set up camp. Two hours later after a lenghtly argument we were able to do so. We had pre-booked 2 sites, four months in advance. On arrival despite site numbers not given at time of confirmation, we were allocated two sites which we were not happy with. The first one in the sun with no shade and the second still occupied by other campers. The site was fairly empty on the Monday so we selected 2 other sites. We were told we could not have them as this would mess with the 'programme' which works everything out. Eventually we were given another site and although the adjacent site was free we were told we could not use it. Due to the shading on that site we agreed, however, it meant 11 people sharing one shower and one toilet. We were told in no uncertain terms that it 'was our choice' to move and therefore no refund for the unused site would be due (even though our second site was still occupied). When I politely tried to explain that we were the clients and that the attitude was not appropriate I was told by Lulu that the camp had 90% occupancy and that it would not affect business if we never returned. When the 'programme' calculated our balance, it overcharged, we tried to explain and the situation became so tense and we were under threat of being told to leave, we paid the balance. On recalculation we realised we had indeed overpaid by approx R1700. It took two further days of arguing to get our money back, with no apology rather another snipe that we had confused matters. After our long drive, I would expect a warm welcome and not the chaos that ensued. Incidentally during our 4 night stay we saw Lulu having similar arguments with two other parties of guests. I would urge future travellers to consider alternatives in the area if they want to spare themselves some of the worst service I have ever encountered on my 25 years of travelling.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
10  Thank Gaynor N
Senyati S, Owner at Senyati Safari Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Gaynor, after long contemplation, we decided to take the liberty to respond to your comment. From the moment you walked into Senyati, you pointed out that you were in the travel business in South Africa and if we did not comply to your demands you would go onto Tripadvisor. You then went ahead and demanded a different campsite from what were allocated to your group. You demanded that others should be moved for your group. Your group had more than one campsite allocated to you, you demanded a change threatening us with cyber bullying etc etc. It was YOUR choice to move to the single campsite instead of the multiple sites which were allocated to the group you were in. You even asked us to show our booking system and that you will work on it. You told us you know everything about booking campsites (though you work as a travel agent)..and when we did not comply to all your demands you succumbed to Tripadvisor. Sorry, we cannot neglect our loyal, nature-loving, long-standing clients for someone like you who demand to have them shifted in order to accommodate your group just because you are in the travel business. This reservation was not made by you, but for you by your friends, and it was not made in your capacity as a travel agent,and you have never brought a single guest to Senyati before, but you used your position in the travel business to intimidate us. Senyati value all our customers, and will not degrade other guests because of people like you.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 12 and arrived a day early. We were greated with open arms by Oom Louwtjie.
This is a bit of heaven in the bush.
Each camp site got there own donkey for hot water and toilet, big trees for shade and a deck with a water hole for the animals.

You can watch animals drinking water all night.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Marius K
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Before starting this review I read some others already posted. I can only say that the dissatisfied ones are possibly written by persons still hoping to pay 2010/2011 prices. A camp is not built in a day or for tuppence. One must expect rates to go up and also be a realistic - the place needs to be maintained, developed and kept interesting. HOWEVER besides that we have absolutely no complaints! Lulu and Louw are an outstanding kind, caring and generous couple who were very welcoming. They are happy to arrange the various activities available from Senyati which can be booked at the same time as your accommodation, Chobe River, Vic Falls, Tigerfish fishing. Camp sites are definitely larger than is usually found at other camps and are well maintained. The chalet - absolutely comfortable, clean and practical - of course the ones on the edge of the waterhole are prime position. Senyati is incredibly popular and one needs to book well in advance - that in itself proves just what a wonderful experience Senyati is. We have already booked the next trip (before leaving) and are prepared to book our holiday according to availability at Senyati. WE HAD A BALL!!! WONDERFUL PLACE!!!

Room Tip: Overlooking the waterhole - awesome!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ElizabethKZ3950ZI
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Senyati Safari Camp is truly an amazing place! You see elephants everywhere and they interract like I have never seen before. What's so sweet is they come to the waterhole purely for the clean borehole water, not interested in the muddy water they have to stand in to get to the clean water. They literally wait for the tap to be turned on. the chalets are clean and very comfortable. Self catering. They are equipped with everything you need. All you bring is your meat and drinks. There is even dish washing liquid! we did not get the chance to meet the owners Lulu and Louw but are absolutely sure they are very friendly...from all the word of mouth. I can't wait to go back again! Hopefully we will see other species of wildlife too then. And hopefully I get to climb in the pit right in front of the waterhole! Well done guys. Your little *heaven* is a wonderful break from reality.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AntheaVigar
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I've just had the most fantastic safari experience of my life. Senyati cannot be explained. You will not have hours and hours of driving in a hot car without seeing anything. The animals at Senyati come to you. All you have to do is to take cash to the cash bar, sit there, and wait...for sure, the elephant will come running towards the water, herd after herd, not to mention the massive amount of giraffe and buffalo we saw at Senyati. I went with my elderly mom of 82 and she had the time of her life. Every night I took her outside to sit on the balcony while I prepared a fire for her, and she could not believe the magic wonderland in front of her eyes. Senyati is not cheap, but it is worth every penny. The previous time I stayed at Toro Lodge and it was nothing but a waste of money. The time before that I stayed at Chobe Lodge. Not at one of these other places could I see elephants like at Senyati. It is for the elephants that I went to Botswana, and Senyati did not disappoint. I will be back there as often as I can. Not a moment of disappointment. I even managed to do some work from Senyati as I was connected with their fantastic satellite internet system. The last time I was in Kasane I spent many hours and lots of money at the internet café which was slow and expensive. Cant wait to get back to Senyati!

Room Tip: Make sure to book in advance if you plan to go during high-season. I have seen many people turning...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Blommetjie007
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We have been coming to Senyati Safari Camp for the last 2 years and always enjoyed our stay. Our last stay, however, was a great disappointment. To start with, we were "greeted" by a strange lady at reception who was very unfriendly and unpleasant. It is apparent that she does not know the principles of hospitality and what guests have come to expect of a place like Senyati.
To add to this, there has been a substantial increase in price, in fact, the price for accommodation is very high. The prices are not in writing or displayed at reception but conveyed orally. We discussed this with other guests (a couple, just like us) and found that the amount we were charged was different to the one they had to pay. What is more, one needs to insist on getting proof of payment.
We find the whole situation very strange. It can hardly be called professional or hospitable. We will be looking for alternative accommodation when next we come to Kasane.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Peter C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kasane
Cresta Mowana Safari Resort and Spa
#1 of 8 in Kasane
Kwalape Safari Lodge
Kwalape Safari Lodge
#20 of 21 in Chobe National Park

Been to Senyati Safari Camp? Share your experiences!