“we were very happy with experience”
Review of Empire Inn

Empire Inn
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We got the room thru hotels.com Very clean,nicely furnished, friendly staff. Had 2 queen beds which were comfortable, large room with frig & microwave.had table & desk. It was only 10 min from Atlantic City. pool was working. Unbelievable price for room for the Jersey Shore. We would definitely stay again. There was only one concern. The smoke detector was gone. This we noticed the day we were checking out and informed staff. There was complimentary coffee & danish. We didn't like the coffee, but we do breakfast out anyway.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank antcandy44

Reviewed 14 June 2011

these people should be ban from having a hotel,they charge you up front because they know people would not stay once they get there. lets see were should i start, there for 3 days,no room service, no towels ,had 2 empty trash. hair inn bed ,nasty tub,water run so slow inn sink took you 10 mins. 2 brush your teeth.. i could go on but getting mad all over again. wouldnt stay again if it was freeeeeeeeee.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank redbutterfly1961
Reviewed 31 December 2010

My husband and I stayed there for a week,only because we had to.We go there 4xs a year for a week,and about 10xs a year for the weekend.It was a nice place at first,not anymore.The water pressure is horrible,we were asked to go to another room to take a shower and we could go back to our room.We changed rooms.They changed us from a no smoking to a smoking room and told us that they didn't have anymore no smoking rooms but they did, after I said I would call 911,from there to a no smooking room without a smoke detector that had been torn down.We had no housekeeping service the next day.The steps was snow covered,they didn't clean them until I said I would call 911,it was after 4:00 p.m. They said we have to" find" someone to clean them.Never again will we stay there.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Stayed at hotel in July and asked for a room rate for the weekend of 4 Sept to 6 Sept. The owner quoted me a price and then I was given confirmation number. When I went to check into the hotel I was told that it would cost me extra because they didn't realize it was a holiday weekend when they gave me the price. We were stuck at this point and had to pay extra. Room was dingy and the air conditioner only works certain hours of the day and night. I will be looking for an alternate place to lay my head next time I visit A.C.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank MMGN2626
Reviewed 19 July 2010

The bathroom smelled wierd when we entered so we turned the exhaust fan on and closed the door for a while, the smell went away. The room is exactly what you expect for the price. Air conditioning kept us cool when we were in the room. The outside carpet was a little dirty. The walls on the inside had some patch jobs with the wrong color tint of paint. The breakfast was some doughnuts, coffee, oj, and danishes. This is our second year staying and we will go back next year.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2009

i left the room in a hurry to make wedding on time,while we were gone,someone came in and took my gold earings which i left in zip lock baggy on dresser top.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank victimNewJersey
Reviewed 28 August 2009

Paid 38.00 through Hotels.com. Staff was friendly. Room was a decent size but smelled. I complained but their where no other room s available. Room does come with a microwave and mini fridge. TV was a 19' tube and gave a strange buzz sound. Bathroom was large. WiFi didnt work. Over all room was on the dingy side. Shower was grundgy and the bed sheets were obviuosly used and not changed. Hair and fuzz was through out the bedding. This is bad news. I was in fear of ringworm and bed bugs luckly I had no problems. On the plus the door had a card key entry vs the key lock commonly found in most fleebags so you can sleep worry free about unwanted visitors.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank shademann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Garden State Inn
Crystal Inn & Suites
#10 of 17 in Galloway
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area

Been to Empire Inn? Share your experiences!