“Totally RUDE Staff (3/22/2013)”
Review of Superlodge

Superlodge
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I called to cancel a reservation because I decided not to stay @ hotel. I normally don't write reviews, but I am a big fan of customer service. The man that answered the phone was nice until I told him I had to cancel my reservation. Then, he starting saying there is a cancelation fee. So them a lady gets on the phone & proceeds to tell me that she told me there is a $35 cancellation fee. I told her she did not say that to me when reservation was made. Then starting arguing with me. I told that she better not charge my card, them she says, "Get lose lady". Really, I am talking to u via phone. I WILL not not advise anyone to stay here because of service I received. Both of them where rude with how they talk to me & I don't appreciate it. If I am just calling to cancel my reservation & you get mad because of it, that is not cool with me. So please be advised, DO NOT stay at this place, TOTALLY RUDE just because I cancel my reservation.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank CustomerService1st

Reviewed 25 February 2013

My girlfriend and I were taking a trip to Atlantic City this past weekend and actually came to a couple surprises. I had found this hotel online and the price seemed very well considering I didn't really plan on spending too much time in the room. Then it decided to rain which kinda took the enjoyment of strolling on the boardwalk. We hit the casino's and then were back at the hotel. The rooms were great I actually stayed here Friday, Saturday checked out Sunday and then later returned that afternoon. The room was clean!!! Which is always good :). The staff that I had encountered was quite charming. The gentleman working the night audit was great as well as the housekeeper that we had for our stay. Unfortunately I didn't get their names but it was definitely 5 star service. Frida at the front desk was a lot of help and really made me feel welcomed there. I will definitely be returning to this hotel every time I go to AC. The price was great compared to the boardwalk hotels that wanted $200+ plus here the wi-fi is FREE!! as well as HBO. So definitely the best hotel for me.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nathaniel B
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Before we arrived, they called me to say we were being changed to two queen beds instead of 1 king. I must give them props for actually calling me first to see if that was OK.
Upon arrival the manager was friendly and we were charged the price that was promised. He then gave us a business card so we could call directly the next time for a cheaper rate.
We were a little concerned about how the room would look. We were very pleasantly surprised. It was very clean with the exception of a couple of cigarette burn holes on the bed spreads. There was a functioning microwave and fridge. It's not fancy but for a short stay we were fine.
The bathroom sinks were separate from the toilet and shower. The bathroom could have used an upgrade- small shower head but water pressure was adequate. The Room's biggest downfall was the bed was saggy and thin. The pillows were lacking stuffing. ( You may want to bring your own.)
For the price, we would definitely stay here again. We've stayed at several roadside motels and this one by far was the best.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Jordan9917
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We were very happy with our stay. The staff was very friendly. Be sure to ask for the wifi code for free wifi in your room. The room had 2 queen sized beds. The room was very clean...refigerator and microwave but no coffee pot. They did offer free coffee in the lobby. Donut danishes and coffee were offered for breakfast. About a 10 minute drive to Atlantic city. Would def stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I needed a quiet room for 3 days to finish a major project for work. My requirements were simple; I needed a room, bed, bathroom, fridge, and WiFi. Unfortunately the Superlodge could only meet 2 of my simple requirements. The mattress had to be decades old. I am not exagerating when I say I could feel every spring in the mattress poking through at me. Most importantly though, the WiFi was so slow that it took me 2 hours to finish 30 minutes of work. The WiFi was that slow even in the office where the hot spot is located. When I asked for a refund the owner would only refund 2 of the 3 nights I paid for even though I had only been in the room a couple hours and it wasn't even 630 pm yet. Ridiculous!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ryan L
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Don’t stay here!!! There were BED BUGS and Management knew about them!!! The bugs bit me all over my body and I had an allergic reaction. We moved to another room but I never saw an exterminator on the premises!! They sent a male maid to just change the sheets and he knew exactly where to find the bugs, on the mattress, pillows and behind the headboard. When my husband asked the male maid how he knew where to look he wouldn’t answer. Also, the owner gave the key to our room to someone else and they would have gained access if we didn’t have the chain on!!! Imagine if I was a woman traveling alone!! They didn’t want to give any refunds, discounts or anything just a lame sorry!!! So beware!!! If you fear for your health and your family’s, do yourself and your family a favor and go to one of the better hotels!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bugz B
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I spend about 30-40 nights at hotels yearly. This place in my opinion is by far the worst place I have ever stayed at.
Our nightmare started right at the check-in. We booked the hotel through Expedia and we showed up at the front desk at 2pm (the check-in time as stated on the conf email and hotel description page)
As soon as the Manager (also the owner) found out I booked the stay via a 3rd party site instead of calling him directly....his tone changed. First he told us to go away and come back after after 3 as 3pm is the correct check in time according to him. We came back around 3:30 and he put us in the smoking rooms, we objected and asked for non smoking. He said, none available... The parking lot had 3 cars at the time and one them was ours. The rooms were disgusting, the beds were not comfortable and one of the bathrooms had leaky showers. The owner gave us only one key for each room and refused to make duplicates. The Internet was slow as hell.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. Infect I would highly suggest looking elsewhere for your stay. There are at least 30-40 other hotels/motels on this road within 3 mile range.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Neeraj-x
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Garden State Inn
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North

Been to Superlodge? Share your experiences!