“The most UNPLESANT hotel stay in my 15yrs of travel!!!!”
Review of Superlodge

Superlodge
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed 7 September 2010

We were very disppointed with our stay at this hotel!! My fiance and I got there at approximately half-hout before check-in and the receptionist rudely told us none of the rooms were ready for check-in; so after our long trip,my fiance asked for a mens room & again she was rude telling us none was availbale; we had to go to Arbys to use the restrooms. The room was filthy and had a serious ANT problem!! the TV switches itself off every hour so it became annoying having to get up each time to switch it back on. The bed was horrible I barely slept because of the extremely uncomfortable mattress. We checked out early because the stay became unbearable!! The advertisement is misleading, there is no dvd or cable. The stay was the most unpleasant!! Horrible!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xhale17
There are newer reviews for Superlodge

Reviewed 2 September 2010

I stayed at the motel last week for 2 days and I admit I made a horrible mistake staying here I would never to to a room with filthy bed dirty carpet and mold bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank jason1972Dc
Reviewed 22 August 2010

The hotels was really nice no noise and the front desk person was really respectful.... And only about 1/2 mile to the casinos...And you have a variety of food restaurants in the area I would recommend this hotel to anybody...The buses runs every hours...

Reviewed 22 May 2010

I stayed in this hotel since I usually only get weeknight comps, and for a Friday the price was right. Stay here for the location; easy commuting to the casinos, and access to local cheap gas. Upon check-in, I tried to change my room from 2 doubles to 1 king (I was with my partner), and the woman told me "there was no availability" when clearly the place was half-empty. She also looked at me skeptically and said, "Non-smoking? You don't smoke?" When I said I don't smoke (never have and never will smoke, ick), she seemed to be disbelieving and said something about a $50 cleaning fee, almost as if she didn't believe me?! I suppose I can understand if past guests disrespect that policy, but it was odd to be questioned upon check-in.

The room has a fridge and microwave, which is cool. But the beds...ummm, not so much. Bouncy, rubbery-feeling mattresses; like uber-cheap. Handle to the closet door came off, and there's a hole in the ceiling of the room taped up with cardboard - maybe a room w/ fireplace formerly? Bizarre. The 'breakfast' is very basic: doughnuts, a small danish, coffee and juice.

Pros: Low price, appliances, commutable, free (reasonably reliable) internet. If you have pets they allow them for a fee, and I suppose that's a nice benefit.
Cons: Beds, slow warming shower, stern and odd questions from check-in staff.

My advice: pay a little more and opt for something a bit better.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NYandACguy
Reviewed 23 March 2010

made reservation thru expedia.com. checked in 3/20/10 half hour early, room was ready. booked room with king size bed and smoking. very nice room, very clean, front desk staff was very nice and polite. water pressure in shower was good, room had a college sized fridge and microwave, also tv with remote. did not hear any noise from other guests and NO train noises what so ever. lots of places to eat and stores very close by. if you book for two people maybe you would want to ask for extra towels, coffee was hot when we checked out at 11am. overall 9.5 out of 10, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2010

We had a late flight in, and were just looking for a cheap place in a decent area to stay the night until we could check into our hotel in Atlantic City the next day. This motel served the purpose. The room was clean, and we did not hear the trains that other reviewers have compained about. The desk clerk was friendly, and when we reported to him that a couple of the vertical blind slats in our room were down, he came right away and fixed them. The beds were a little soft for my taste, but for the price, they were ok if you didn't have to sleep in them for more than a night or two. The breakfast consisted of some danish, coffee, and weak orange juice, but we weren't there for the food anyway and there were several restaurants close by. I would stay here again if I needed an room overnight or for a weekend.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2009

We are from Canada. We would like to thank your Absecon Superlodge manager for a pleasant stay at your hotel. Please let the manager know that we are very grateful to him because he was very nice to us, the hotel room was exactly as described, the price was very reasonnable and it was always clean. We are very satisfied and look forward to staying again at the Absecon Superlodge.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Crystal Inn & Suites
#10 of 18 in Galloway
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area

Been to Superlodge? Share your experiences!