“IT S A VERY GOOD PLACE TO STAY”

Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 July 2011

it s a very nice hotel..the staff was nice,the room was clean,the breakfast perfect...We do 4 different hotel at atlantic city and it was the better. The next time that we 'll go at atlantic city ,we'll return at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 July 2011

So far the best hotel I've stayed at thats only 10 minutes from Atlantic City, great complementary breakfast, very clean rooms. Not to be confused with the clarion on black horse pike, which is a big difference like night and day! This building number is 342 can't wait till my next south Jersey stay their!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Myopinion628
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Enjoyed my overnight here, the Continental Breakfast was adequate. The indoor heated pool was delightful. Each Staff person I encountered was pleasant and helpful. It was easy to find off the Atlantic City Expwy, 7 miles further to AC.

Couldn't get a good wireless signal on my low-budget tablet, but I won't blame the hotel for that. Plenty of outlets for charging devices, including two on the nightstand (lamp base). Clock/radio has jack to hook up your musical device, tv also has jacks for your gadgets.

Room was nice, clean, the glass bathroom counter and sink are beautiful. Note: when rinsing swimsuit in sink, turn water on slowly, not full force, water will splash all over you! (Should have seen that coming, good thing I was naked, had to mop up floor with a towel).

Speaking of towels, the pool towels are skimpy, had to use several to get relatively dry. A sign asks that you dry completely off before entering Lobby. THANK you! I was appalled in Myrtle Beach when whole families, dripping wet, traipsed into the Lobby! Water + Tile = bad combination (not to mention it just was, 'unseemly', oh never mind)

Hotel is near the AC Airport but I wasn't bothered by outside noise, most of the noise came from the meeting down the hall, when I left at 4 for AC, they were already gone. My room overlooked the parking lot, relatively quiet.

Just one negative: one of the drinking glasses in my room was cracked, I left a note in the glass but forgot to mention it at the Front Desk.

Would stay there again whenever I'm staying over in the area!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2011

My Husband and I arrived to find the Front Desk staff very friendly, informative about the area and effient in checking us in. Kiesha was outgoing, & genuinely helpful.
The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. The bed was especially firm but not too and the selection of 5 pillows for our king bed made sleeping very relaxing.
After a two yr. remodel the G.M. would do well to have a routine maint. program in place to keep the rooms looking new with touch-up painting on furniture scuffs, scratches, incl. scrubbing marks on walls.
The continental breakfast, pool, exercise rm. and gazibo out back were all nice and added to the overall value of our stay. Thanks to all the Staff!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vacateu2
Reviewed 27 June 2011

My boyfriend and I were in town for the DMB Caravan music fest. We originally booked our stay through Orbitz @ the "Quality Inn" which turned out to be a total roach motel! It was infested with bugs & we demanded a refund. Feeling frustrated, lethargic from our drive, and disappointed, we set out to find another place close by. We came across the Clarion Inn & Suites and they took care of us right away. The rooms are beautiful, quaint & have everything you need! Ours had a beautiful jaccuzi right in the bedroom! Not to mention the nicest most helpful staff I've ever come across! Their daily private shuttle service was the absolute cherry on top. We can't say enough about the Clarion Inn & Suites- Thank you so much for turning our trip around! We'll definitely be back! :)

Room Tip: Just ask! :)
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amb1718
rayclarion342, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2011

Thank you for taking your valuable time to give us a great review! We are truly delighted to hear that we had not only met, but exceeded your expectations and to learn you enjoyed your vacation. We strive to make customer service and satisfaction our #1 goal. All comments and reviews are shared with our staff to let us know what were doing right or wrong. We hope you will make us your "home away from home" whenever your in the Atlantic City area. If I, or any staff member may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate let us know. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Ray Maxwell / General Manager
ray@clarionatlanticcityhotel.com

Reviewed 26 June 2011

Interesting little hotel that is located along the strip of White Horse Pike $35 a night weeknight, and in some cases lower, holes in the wall where the places can venture from dirty and scary to dirtier and scarier.

We decided to make a last minute trip to the shore and I really wasn't interested in all of the pretentiousness, fees, hassle, and smoke from a casino location so up popped this place on Hotwire.

After confirming via a few Internet sites that the price I was seeing was likely for this place and after reading some reviews here and on Trip Advisor I got the place for below $50 a night for a Tuesday and Wednesday night.

The staff we encountered overall were surprisingly very friendly, as our only other experience with staying at a hotel on the White Horse Pike led to a good stay but some unhelpful staff, and the room itself was as advertised being very clean and well appointed.

The reason why I cannot give this place five stars is totally based around the breakfast. Both mornings things ran out and no one came to refill anything with out being asked/begged to come and refill the eggs/bacon/plates/apple juice/napkins that had all been out for quite a while.

Based on the size of the breakfast area and the lack of responsiveness from the staff with refilling things I can't imagine what must be the train wreck that happens on busy weekends with the A.C. casino crowd.

That said overall the Clarion is a decent cheap alternative to the ripoff casinos that actually has standards and is well worth it.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Lefty33
Reviewed 23 June 2011

After a long drive from Boston we arrived at the Clarion Inn around 9:30pm. Upon checking in we inquired about a restaurant where we could eat dinner. The owner graciously invited us to eat a delicious dinner at his family's banquet that had just finished up at the hotel. We greatly appreciate his hospitality and kindness. The staff offered to keep the pool open late in case we wanted to swim. They really made our day.
The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The breakfast had a nice variety. We felt fortunate we found this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank free-heelinUT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Garden State Inn
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Hampton Inn Atlantic City/Absecon

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North? Share your experiences!