“MANAGEMENT IS A JOKE!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“MANAGEMENT IS A JOKE!”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Let me start off by saying this hotel was great for the price we paid in terms of room cleanliness and amenities. The hotel was clean and the rooms were clean (and that really is the MAIN thing) ...

HOWEVER, from the minute we stepped through the door the so called manager was in our faces about any little detail:

1) we purchased through Groupon and were supposed to get the room Sat night for 109 including shuttle and casino/snack bar credits - this was fine
2) our second night we purchased at the rate of 89 (instead of 45) because the guy told us we would get the shuttle the second day as well as additonal casino/snack bar credits...WRONG

here's how #2 really went; Manager: "you're liars, that was never available to you (insert major teeth kissing here)" she was rude and obnoxious; I work in the service industry and have stayed at countless hotels and have NEVER, and i mean NEVER been treated with even a fraction of the disgust and distaste this woman embodied.

3) on the second night we tried to book the shuttle (because you have to book it min. hour in advance in order to get a seat) to be told that the shuttle only runs until 9pm - ummm?? shouldn't this have been posted somewhere since Saturday it ran until 1:30?!

4) we got in late Sunday night and overslept the check out at 11am (obviously this is our mistake and we had no qualms about paying for the room for the extra night because of our late check out---hotel policy totally fine!) What wasn't fine was the snarky remarks that she gave when we went to check out: Manager: "you're checking out so early you have until tomorrow thats a waste dont you think" ...um no! we are checking out LATE because we over slept and yes we will pay the extra night but theres no need to be a "w"itch (pardon my french) about it..

Finally, after coming home and having access to my groupons again I signed on and located the deal to find low and behold FALSE ADVERTISING as well as SHE IS A LIAR (despite trying to tell us we are)

I respect businesses and how they need to operate to make profit...however, running a shady promotion and then treating your customers like total crap is atrocious.

I will definitely NEVER be back to this hotel and I will also be contacting the chain itself and filing a complaint as well as contacting groupon so they know what kind of business they are representing (I have dealt with groupon many times and always had good experiences and any time I havent they have been exceptionally accommodating to make up for it so as to not lose me as a customer - now THEY are the embodiment of good customer service

In closing, I would think twice about staying at this hotel - if you stay because it's a good price then by all means it is clean and great in that sense, just steer clear of the manager if you can (she tends to wear tracksuits thinking its appropriate business attire) she will ruin your week if she gets you in her sights

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Elle C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Best friendly/Clean Hotel I have stayed in A/C. Staff is very friendly and works hard to make my stay a great experience. The room was spacious. Never seen a cleaner Hotel/good breakfast. We will definitely go back again and again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Me, my Wife and 11 month old daughter stayed one night on Feb 18th and wish I could of stayed longer. I am a choice rewards member and have to admit that this hotel had one of the nicest managers I ever met. Her name was Sandra Brown. Sandra was very warm and welcoming the minute we stepped in. I could tell her hands were full, but she had every thing under control. The hotel was nice and very clean. Our room was spacious with a nice size fridge and very good climate control. The continental breakfast the next was excellent with fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, cereal and waffles. Sandra made sure that the food was plentiful and greeted everyone. Would definitely stay again when I'm in the AC area. Also only a 12 minute drive to the casinos.

Thanks,
Mr. Torres

• Stayed February 2012
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Immaculately clean, large spacious rooms, comfy beds, tastefully renovated, very helpful and friendly staff, decent free breakfast. All in all and EXCELLENT hotel....will definitely go again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I planned a spontaneous getaway for my husband and I and I knew I wouldn't be able to afford a weekend in the heart of Atlantic City (on a weekend). This place is about 20 mins from Atlantic City and was everything we needed. Our room had two queen beds, was very clean and even had a whirlpool tub (for 2).

The only complaint I had was the shower was IMPOSSIBLE to turn on. The knob was ridiculously tight, and when we called the front desk to ask how to turn it on, we were told to just turn it really far to the right and that it's hard to turn (yeah, no kidding!). I ended up taking baths because if my husband wasn't there, there was no way I'd be able to turn it on, and if I did - I wouldn't be able to turn it off. We're in our twenties, so anyone elderly certainly would struggle.

Other than that, the breakfast every morning was sufficient and included in the price of the stay. We didn't use the pool or sauna, so I can't comment on that.

We had a great time here and would DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This hotel is immaculately clean and maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They present a very nice contintental breakfast which suits a variety of dietary needs. The beds are extremely comfortable. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 January 2012

A Couple of friends and I went to Atlantic City for the weekend to relax and unwind. Check-in was a breeze and with our Groupons, we got tons of free stuff! So we decided we wanted to go out to a nice club, we called up the different casino's asking for there dress code, and they all said "no sneakers/tennis shoes"......granted we should have known this in the first place, but we are from Pittsburgh, you can get into our fanciest club with a "pull my finger" T-shirt on! So we called front desk and we asked them if they knew of anywhere we could find nice shoes for cheap, She said there was a K-mart close.....she could tell that we had been pre-gaming to go out for a solid hour and a half, so we couldn't drive. The DRIVER said he would go get them for us!!! alone, like we just gave him the money, and he went and grabbed them and we pre-gamed! once he came back, we switched our shoes and we were ready to go! This hotel definitely made our vacation!!! Great staff, great service

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank jkoestline
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Garden State Inn
Garden State Inn
#3 of 25 in Absecon
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North? Share your experiences!