“Excellent place to stay in the Atlantic City area!”

Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
GreenLeadersGold level
Holmdel, New Jersey
“Excellent place to stay in the Atlantic City area!”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We booked this hotel nearly a year ago, as we would be photographing a wedding in nearby Galloway. Based on the reviews of the hotel and of staff member Kisha, I called for a reservation and spoke to her myself. She was so friendly and professional, I booked 2 rooms immediately.

Fast forward a year, and we checked in early, and were given a room right away. I'm sorry I don't remember the front desk clerk's name (we met Kisha the next morning), but she was just as wonderful as Kisha. The room was spotless, beautiful blue glass bathroom countertop, spacious, super comfortable queen beds, plenty of storage, and a small table and chairs.

Sandra recommended Goodfellow's restaurant nearby, and we had a great meal after checking in. Sandra helped me print some documentation in the lobby's business center, and the breakfast the next morning was fresh and tasty. A well stocked snack bar, great location, bright and cheery.

Really an excellent hotel, great staff, and a wonderful experience. Thanks, and keep up the great work, we'll be back!

Room Tip: Like any hotel, ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Alyse L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Youngstown
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My husband and I had a very good stay at the clarion location. Sandra and her staff do an excellent job to make your stay enjoyable. They are very friendly and truly want to make your stay enjoyable. We arrive in the morning well before check in time but since our room was not available at that time they upgraded us to a king room with jaccuzzi tub. The room was large, bed very comfortable. The bathroom counter was huge which is so nice plenty of room for all my grooming products and also my husbands items. The work out room was great and the free breakfast was very good and wasnt just continental. There was waffles, hard boiled eggs and fruit along with plenty of bread, english muffins, begals, and cereals to choose from. If we visit Atlantic City again we will definely stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tina D
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My family and I had a very pleasant stay by the end of June, 2012. Very clean room and washroom (restroom), comfortable beds. The breakfast was great, we all liked it. A minor thing: we could not open the door of our room as it was already occupied by someone else. Soon after, we got another room instead. But it's a good hotel with very polite staff.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Allan y
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed here one night in June since I was flying out very early from the Atlantic City airport. I had to adjust my reservations a few times as things changed with the people I was traveling with. Every time I called the staff was always very helpful! When I checked in, I was helped by Keisha! She was awesome! I asked when the breakfast was put out since I had to leave for the airport by 5 am. She said the breakfast was usually put out by 6 AM but she offered to bring me a muffin and fruit to me for the morning! She brought it right to my room AND she had some already made up for my friends when they arrived. It was also very nice that I was able to leave my car there for week while I was away at no cost. Preferred my car being there then in long term parking at the airport! The shuttle service was awesome. The driver was nice and came at 5 am just for us even though it was outside of the normal hours. On our return flight we called earlier in the day to let them know when we would get in and then right as we landed. By the time we got our luggage, the driver was there waiting for us even though it was midnight. The $10 was so worth the shuttle! Way better than $30 taxi! Maybe not the poshest of hotels but very nice people, clean, and convenient! Special thanks to Keisha and the other women who helped me check in as well as the shuttle driver who was way friendlier than I was at 5am! BTW I have never taken the time to write a review for anyone like this before.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank dogdocsma
New Jersey
Reviewed 12 July 2012

With the recent storms here that knocked out power, my family and I decided to get a hotel for a few nights. After touring a few hotels, we decided on the Clarion. It was very clean, comfortable beds and nice decor (loved the sink tops) and offered several amenities including free continental breakfast. We are timeshare owners, and have used our trades to many different properties, so by our standards, this was quite nice. But the most valuble amenity , is the manager Sandra. I have never seen such dedication to her staff, guest, and the overall operation. Apparently, there was a staff shortage and she was pulling double shifts. She was just as accommodating at the start of the days as she was by the end. Not just with us but all she came in contact with. Nothing was a problem and she made everyone feel welcomed and at ease while doing 5 things at once (phones, directing staff, front desk duties, etc.). Great value at a good price. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

2 Thank sunnsea44
NJ
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We were going to be in Atlantic City and this was a good location - only 10 minutes from the Boardwalk and easy access from the Atlantic City Expressway/GSP. At check in, the front desk clerk told us they didn't have the requested roll away bed but they would change our room to a double for no extra charge. While it wasn't ideal, we understood. Room was very clean and had all the desired amenities. We picked this hotel because of the indoor heated pool for our daughter, so we changed clothes and went to the pool. Pool room was unbearably hot but that was because the group that went in before us requested to increase the thermostat. Pool was clean but many of the wall light fixtures did not work. We told the front desk and within minutes, someone came to try to fix it. He couldn't fix it and told us so, but we stayed because it wasn't dangerously dark. We thought the problem would stay until the next day, but to our surprise, 2 people (presumably the owners?) came in and fixed the problem - mind you it was about 9:30pm!! Needless to say, we were very impressed by the urgency they gave the problem.

Breakfast was as expected and the staff at check out was also very friendly. Only hiccup was that around 11am-12am, kids in the hallway were making a lot of noise (we were on the 2nd fl in front of the elevator), but we can't expect the hotel to control that. All being equal, I'd definitely recommend!!

3 Thank AANaik
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My family of four was in town for an impromptu trip to Atlantic City. The weather was great and our first visit to the beach at AC was better than anticipated. Upon arrival at the Clarion late afternoon, we were checked in by a very pleasant young lady. The room was very nice, well-furnished, clean, with great wi-fi but from here things went south quickly. The room was directly behind what has to be the noisiest, busiest elevator on the planet. None of us were able to sleep. I complained about the room but was told the hotel was full so nothing could be done.

At checkout in the morning, I again complained about the room and was told the hotel knows it is very noisy and that it is only used when the hotel is full. No apology. Great, thanks very much for that. As penance, I wish the staff at the hotel experience noisy rooms just like this one, with tired young children in tow, for all future stays of their own.

Will never return, and highly encourage folks to make sure their room is AWAY from the elevator.

Room Tip: Warning - Make sure your room is away from the elevator.
6 Thank hikingmood
, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North, responded to this review, 8 July 2012
First of all, I sincerely apologize for the lack of empathy and apology our staff has shown in response to your concern. At Clarion, we always strive to provide the best guest experience under any circumstances. Unfortunately, we clearly under-delivered here. That said, I would love to invite you and your family back. We will take this opportunity to simply - make things right - and I'm confident that we will be a part of an amazing Atlantic City experience that you are looking forward to having.

Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Best Western Garden State Inn
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North? Share your experiences!