“Convenient, Well-Priced, Helpful Staff”

Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed at the Clarion Atlantic City North in late June. My brother-in-law had rented a house in Ocean City but "there was no room at the inn." No matter, this place was a welcome respite from the slightly run-down property he'd rented, and it was only about 15 minutes away.

It was a great value for the area, given that its so close to Atlantic City, where casino hotel prices can be a little higher. We paid about $89 for the night through Priceline.com. Since I travel with two pre-teens, my wife and I like to get rooms with two queen beds, and this fit the bill.

The room room was clean, modern and spacious. Beds were comfortable with enough pillows. No problem with temperature (used the AC), water flow in the shower or the toilets. It is a safe place to stay and leave your car parked. the property has a modern feel and seemed fairly new. We checked in close to midnight and the front desk person was very nice. The front desk people were also very nice when we checked out.

The free continental breakfast was a welcome sight and great way to save money on vacation. Basic food, but very good. Clean area for serving food and just enough seating for the morning rush.

I'd stay here again and recommend it to families, business travelers or anyone looking for a moderately priced alternative to rooms in the casino hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms with two Queen beds are reasonably priced.
There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We lost power & water after a storm & Sandra, the very pleasant manager at the Clarion answered the phone and got us the last room! She reassured us that we would relax and be comfortable &was she right! Lots of parking, (10 mins. Fom AC), the lobby clean, Sandra at the desk smiling, warm and full of information we needed. Our large king room smelled clean, was spotless, had a comfy easy chair and desk, 2 nightstands, crisp linens, flat screen tv and great decor.

The room had just been renovated as had most of the hotel. The large bathroom was the best. Good shower with toiletries, a beautiful vanity (look at my picture) & large soft towels. Ahhhhh....the bed was heaven. Breakfast was included, in a clean area in a separate area of lobby with plenty of tables. Fresh fruit, cereals hot &cold, waffles, pastries, donuts, toast, bagels......tea, coffee, hot chocolate, juice, milk.

I was pleased with the inside pool. You can purchase snacks, soda and alcoholic beverages at the front desk. In the morning, Sandra was back. I was so pleased with our stay and with Sandra- she does a fantastic job!!!

Room Tip: Call hotel directly and ask for Sandra.
2  Thank sarleo
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We booked this hotel nearly a year ago, as we would be photographing a wedding in nearby Galloway. Based on the reviews of the hotel and of staff member Kisha, I called for a reservation and spoke to her myself. She was so friendly and professional, I booked 2 rooms immediately.

Fast forward a year, and we checked in early, and were given a room right away. I'm sorry I don't remember the front desk clerk's name (we met Kisha the next morning), but she was just as wonderful as Kisha. The room was spotless, beautiful blue glass bathroom countertop, spacious, super comfortable queen beds, plenty of storage, and a small table and chairs.

Sandra recommended Goodfellow's restaurant nearby, and we had a great meal after checking in. Sandra helped me print some documentation in the lobby's business center, and the breakfast the next morning was fresh and tasty. A well stocked snack bar, great location, bright and cheery.

Really an excellent hotel, great staff, and a wonderful experience. Thanks, and keep up the great work, we'll be back!

Room Tip: Like any hotel, ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Alyse L
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My husband and I had a very good stay at the clarion location. Sandra and her staff do an excellent job to make your stay enjoyable. They are very friendly and truly want to make your stay enjoyable. We arrive in the morning well before check in time but since our room was not available at that time they upgraded us to a king room with jaccuzzi tub. The room was large, bed very comfortable. The bathroom counter was huge which is so nice plenty of room for all my grooming products and also my husbands items. The work out room was great and the free breakfast was very good and wasnt just continental. There was waffles, hard boiled eggs and fruit along with plenty of bread, english muffins, begals, and cereals to choose from. If we visit Atlantic City again we will definely stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tina D
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My family and I had a very pleasant stay by the end of June, 2012. Very clean room and washroom (restroom), comfortable beds. The breakfast was great, we all liked it. A minor thing: we could not open the door of our room as it was already occupied by someone else. Soon after, we got another room instead. But it's a good hotel with very polite staff.

2  Thank Allan y
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed here one night in June since I was flying out very early from the Atlantic City airport. I had to adjust my reservations a few times as things changed with the people I was traveling with. Every time I called the staff was always very helpful! When I checked in, I was helped by Keisha! She was awesome! I asked when the breakfast was put out since I had to leave for the airport by 5 am. She said the breakfast was usually put out by 6 AM but she offered to bring me a muffin and fruit to me for the morning! She brought it right to my room AND she had some already made up for my friends when they arrived. It was also very nice that I was able to leave my car there for week while I was away at no cost. Preferred my car being there then in long term parking at the airport! The shuttle service was awesome. The driver was nice and came at 5 am just for us even though it was outside of the normal hours. On our return flight we called earlier in the day to let them know when we would get in and then right as we landed. By the time we got our luggage, the driver was there waiting for us even though it was midnight. The $10 was so worth the shuttle! Way better than $30 taxi! Maybe not the poshest of hotels but very nice people, clean, and convenient! Special thanks to Keisha and the other women who helped me check in as well as the shuttle driver who was way friendlier than I was at 5am! BTW I have never taken the time to write a review for anyone like this before.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank dogdocsma
Reviewed 12 July 2012

With the recent storms here that knocked out power, my family and I decided to get a hotel for a few nights. After touring a few hotels, we decided on the Clarion. It was very clean, comfortable beds and nice decor (loved the sink tops) and offered several amenities including free continental breakfast. We are timeshare owners, and have used our trades to many different properties, so by our standards, this was quite nice. But the most valuble amenity , is the manager Sandra. I have never seen such dedication to her staff, guest, and the overall operation. Apparently, there was a staff shortage and she was pulling double shifts. She was just as accommodating at the start of the days as she was by the end. Not just with us but all she came in contact with. Nothing was a problem and she made everyone feel welcomed and at ease while doing 5 things at once (phones, directing staff, front desk duties, etc.). Great value at a good price. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sunnsea44
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Garden State Inn
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North? Share your experiences!