“Good alternative for staying in AC, the shuttle is a big plus”

Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We were seeing a show at the Borgata and I chose the Clarion based on reviews and because they have a casino shuttle that leaves every hour. The shuttle costs $10 each way per person. I still find this a good value as one doesn't have to worry about parking or drinking and driving.

We paid $99 for a standard king room on this Saturday night. The Borgata wanted close to $400. The service was great as others have mentioned. The room was good size and clean, but was starting to show a little wear and tear. I liked the Vizio TV but I did not see any HD channels. The internet was fast and efficient.

We were impressed with the breakfast area in the morning. At 9:30 the breakfast counters were spotless and organized. I'm used to seeing stuff all over the place in hotels that offer free breakfast. Good variety of continental items and we used the waffle maker. The gym and pool areas also looked nice, although we didn't use either. The gym included an EFX machine.

Overall we would definitely stay here again when visiting AC. I hope everyone is safe after the terrible storm this past week.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North

Reviewed 1 November 2012

During the manditory evacuation of our property in Wildwood, we found the Clarion Suite under the capable hands of it General Manage Sandy, a warm and welcoming experience. After several unsucessful attempts to found shelter, she made it her business to find accomodations the were appropriate for our needs at the Clarion. When the the power outage occured she provided a small generator to light the halls after a day without lights. These and other small things made this a pleasurely memorable experience.

Room Tip: The room was large providing ample lighting when the power went out.
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Our stay at the Carion was exceptional due to our guest services manager ,Sandra. While we could have picked a superior hotel on the strip in Atlantic City, our budget forced us to seek alternative lodgings. Upon arriving at the Clarion we were given the room we ordered. I was unsatisfied with it and immediately was upgraded by my guest services manager ,Sandra. Upon going to our new room we encountered individuals smoking in the rooms adjacent to ours and informed the front desk. Instead of blowing it off ,again I heard Sandra going from room to room doing a spot check until she found the culprits. Unbelievable, this girl could work in any 5 star hotel because she was really that good.I would stay here again just knowing she was my inkeeper.

Room Tip: Take a 3rd floor to avoid noisy guests
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2012

For the low cost of the room I was shocked at how nice this place was. The staff was friendly and treated me like I was at a high class hotel. The room was very clean and comfortable. The only minor issue I noted was a bit of a chlorine smell in the room but no big deal. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. I seriously can't get over how low the cost of the room was compared to other locations. Especially considering how expensive New Jersey tends to be. If you see a great deal on this hotel, don't think it is a reflection of the quality being low. The quality was excellent making the value very high.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Saint_Aquinas
Reviewed 24 October 2012

The Clarion Inn & Suites turned out to be a good choice for our visit to Atlantic City. The Inn is about 6 miles from the Boardwalk so is very convenient. Our room was large with 2 queen beds, microwave, fridge, flat screen TV, nice bath. There is plenty of parking. The check-in was friendly and efficient. The breakfast area is good with a nice variety of breakfast items. There are numerous motels and restaurants in the area so is a convenient location. The room rate was very reasonable and we enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

I signed up for a "Mystery Hotel" through Travelocity and was plesently suprised by my stay at this Clarion. I was promised a three star hotel and I got just that.
The staff, lead by Sandra Brown, were very acomidating. The room was plently spacious and the bed and sheets were very comfortable compared to other hotel beds I've stayed in. The best part of our stay was how many "extra miles" the staff went to for us over my marathon weekend. They allowed me to have breakfast early before the marathon, allowed me to return after the marathon and shower before hitting the road for the return trip home and acomidated my parents need for 2 twin beds on the first floor at the last minute as we arrived.
I was very pleased with the quality of the service at this Clarion and if it is indicative of all Clarion hotels I will be staying with them again at my next marathon destination.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2012

All staff that we interacted with were courteous and helpful. Sandra, the manager, went out of her way to make us feel confortable and the room was spotless. The Clarion is only 8 miles away from the AC casinos, which was great when coming back late from an event. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and I must say that this was a very pleasant stay, and that we will definitely return when we are in the Atlantic City area.

Room Tip: Our Suite (323) was last in the hallway and was very quiet for sleeping. It was very large and the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Garden State Inn
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North? Share your experiences!