“The Place to Stay if You're Okay Not Being on the Boardwalk!”

Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
GreenLeadersGold level
New Jersey
“The Place to Stay if You're Okay Not Being on the Boardwalk!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and i stayed here on a Saturday night as an alternative to paying the crazy high weekend summer rates charged by hotels on the boardwalk. Great service, great price, large and clean comfortable room. Really, we couldn't have asked for more! Would definitely come back!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewJerseyLadyCB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel is amazing! Best value in the area. The staff was great. The lady at the front desk was extremely professional and hard working. Nothing but great things to say about her! The only drawback to the hotel was the lighting in the rooms. The bulbs made the room look cold and uncomfortable. I know they are energy efficient, but a different color would be more welcoming. The rooms couldn't have been cleaner! The fan on the a/c was great, it stayed on constantly creating a nice "white" noise. I hate a/c units where they kick on & off loudly and wake up light-sleepers like myself. The bed was extremely comfortable too!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed on memorial day weekend. I met Sandra the manager when I checked in. As busy as it was she was great getting everything situated. the next morning at breakfast she once again was great at handling the large crowd (with Melissa's help who was also great) and making sure everything went smoothly. She is a great asset to the hotel. The room was also very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I work for a Continuing Education Company. We provide continuing education to many professions who need to complete courses to renew their licenses, as mandated by state. We provide continuing education to MANY professional fields - Physicians, dentists, funeral directors, nurses, cosmetologists, and many others including massage therapists. My initial conversation with the sales manager is ALWAYS the same....I tell them the size of the room we need based on the fact that half of the students registered will be bringing in massage tables. When I first spoke to manager Sandra Brown I reiterated this, but she was rushed and must not have paid attention. She told me she was going out of town and would be back on Wednesday but she had a room available with the space I needed (I told her 2000 sq ft) and we would finish up with the booking when she returned.
When she didn't call me on Wednesday, I called her. I was told she was still off and I asked for her direct number so I could leave a message. She answered when I called her direct number. We discussed the pricing - she told me I could have the room for $350. a day since we needed it for two full days. I then told her I'd email her the details (room set up, etc.). I notified corporate of booking the room and they put the course on our website.
She called me later that afternoon and said she couldn't host our seminar. She didn't have enough space. She told me the room was 130 square feet. I asked "do you mean 1300'?" She said that was what she meant. I was puzzled by that as we had already discussed the square footage needed and that she said she had room. I told her that I was looking at a Meeting and Convention site and it lists the Galloway ballroom as 2752' square ft. She was a little taken aback and then said that she runs a respectable establishment and she can't have "our kind" in there.
I was astounded at the ignorance of this woman. We run a professional business and the majority of our seminars are booked in Hilton brand hotels - Embassy's, Doubletree's, Homewood Suites, etc. Does she not realize that massage therapists work with physicians, provide physical therapy, work in spa's, etc. Instead of "assuming", she could have asked for our website and confirmed that we are very reputable. Our instructors are professional, respectable people. When I told her that, she said she is not hosting the seminar for us, and hung up on me. I would suggest that is not our group that is unproffessional - it is Sandra Brown.

Our event was already advertised on our website...it took additional steps with my corporate office to have it removed.

I called Clarion Corporate to file a complaint against her. The gentleman I spoke with documented my complaint and then told me he'd send it to the hotel. HUH??? The complaint is against the head of the hotel! He then advised me that Clarions all have independent owner's and she owns that Clarion. However, he said that if she received too many complaints, the will pull the Clarion name from her. I think they should....she is a horrible representative of their name. (I read the above post where it is obvious she was racist towards someone trying to host an event).
I will not hold this against other Clarions - that would not be fair. I have two seminars scheduled in other Clarion Hotels in NJ and have been treated with respect and courtesy by those managers.
I would encourage any one who has problems with this woman to document it through Clarion Corporate.

In the event Sandra Brown responds to this, she will say:
I mislead her not telling her it was for massage therapists and not telling her we were bringing in tables. That is absolutely not true as there would be no need for me to progress to securing the space and getting a contract if I did not verify this from the start. My initial contact is consistently the same.

Her responses are not honest. (also documented in other complaints.) I will remind you she said she did not have the size room we needed, when I already verified she did.

If you are hosting an event, she will refuse you at the drop of a hat. So you can worry up to the day of the event that you may end up with a seminar, or special event, and no hotel to service you. You can also worry that anyone attending your event may be subject to a racist or bigoted attitude.

BOOK ELSEWHERE AND SAVE YOURSELF THE STRESS

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Barb W
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel is fantastic!! Sandra and her staff are very professional and friendly. The rooms were spotlessly clean and had really comfortable beds. The free breakfast served every morning was well maininained and really tasty.Services and facilities were great. Provided a free shuttle to the casinos

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Worcester, MA
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is an excellent hotel - great value, clean, very helpful and attentive front desk staff that solved small problems (TV remote not working, couldn't get online) quickly, good breakfast (hardboiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, breads, waffles, etc). Would definitely stay if I was in the area again. A small note - the ceilings are low in the fitness room. If you're taller than 5'4", you're probably not going to be able to use the elliptical but you could still use one of the two treadmills or bike.

Room Tip: This is an excellent hotel - great value, clean, very helpful and attentive front desk staff that so...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had a great peaceful stay at the Clarion again. As soon as you enter the hotel, there is Sandra, greeting you, the smell is so fresh, and Clean. She works so hard to keep this hotel up and running. The room was awesome. OHHHHHHH the BEDS, OMG, to sleep in luxury. Great continental breakfast.. Always the staff is smiling and asking you if you need anything.. Close to all attactions in Jersey.. Day trip to OCNJ Shore, Brigatine, shops, good food everywhere you go.. I luv this hotel. Will return in July for my Sisters Birthday.. Thank you again Clarion Sandra, and staff for a beautiful stay.. Barb PA.

Room Tip: Love the rooms on the 3rd floor. Quiet and peaceful..
Green Features: This area in Jersey is nice and friendly people.. Very clean in and out of the Clarion. Great landscaping.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Barbara H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Garden State Inn
Garden State Inn
#3 of 25 in Absecon
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North? Share your experiences!