“Great Place!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Washington, D.C.
“Great Place!”
Reviewed 14 April 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at 3 different hotels dur8ing a recent trip to Atlantic City to try to save the maximum amount of money possible, as staying in a casino hotel downtown is OBSCENELY EXPENSIVE on Saturday night. Clarion was the cheapest and was supposed to be the "dumpiest" place as well, as we got in late on Friday night and checked out the next morning.

Clarion wasn't dumpy at all. Though the location isn't the best (about 10-15 min drive from Atlantic City), it had FREE PARKING and the room was actually very big, nice and clean. We were particularly impressed with the bathrooms, which were very clean and rather fancy looking for a cheap inn. The staff was very helpful, both at the front desk and the breakfast staff. I highly recommend Clarion and will definitely stay there again next time I return to Atlantic City.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
roadmaster728, Owner at Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North, responded to this review, 20 April 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review and for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your stay beat your expectations. As a new hotel, we've tried hard to create a hotel with nicer rooms, better service, and lower prices.

We hope to see you at the Clarion Inn and Suites Atlantic City North again soon. As always, for your lowest rates call us directly and give us a chance to offer you a lower rate than what you find online.

Regards,

The Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Chantilly, VA
Reviewed 4 April 2010

Stayed in a reasonably priced 2 room suite with 3 queen beds. The bathroom was notable for its really cool vanity top and good showerhead. The beds were comfortable and the room had a fridge, but the AC dripped water on the carpet and a lot of light leaks in from the door and windows. The carpet in the hallways and room are kind of old. Breakfast sucked...the waffles tasted funny, the pastries and breads were nothing great, and the coffee was awful. The free internet stopped working after 20 minutes. Overall, it was a good value because of the 3 queens and the room was clean.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
roadmaster728, Owner at Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North, responded to this review, 9 April 2010
Dear guest,

We appreciate your feedback and are happy that you chose to stay with us during your visit to the area. At just under a year old, our hotel is the newest hotel on this strip. We’ve taken a fresh approach towards room design and given our hotel a clean modern look that is usually only available in hotels costing much more. As a new
hotel, we are still trying to refine some of our processes to ensure a positive guest experience. It appears that you’ve uncovered some issues that we need to work on. We wish you had alerted our front desk staff about these issues during your stay, as we would have enjoyed trying to make things right while you were still at our hotel. Still, rest assured, we’re fixing the AC, reviewing our breakfast selections, and checking out the internet.

Should you wish to discuss your experience in more detail, we would welcome the feedback. Feel free to call our front desk.

If your future travels bring you to our area again, we do hope you choose to stay with us. We thank you for taking the time to share your opinions with us and the TripAdvisor community.

Safe travels,

The Clarion Team
Philadelphia
Reviewed 30 January 2010

I had a business meeting at the airport so I needed a simple inexpensive lodging for the night. The hotel is new, the rooms are large and comfortable, service is friendly. Everything is clean and well maintained. Excellent value. The only disappointment was the Internet connection - very low bandwidth.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 28 January 2010

I was recently there with a group and couldn't have had a better experience! The price was perfect, the staff was so nice, helpful, and accomodating. The owner and his staff really made sure everything went smoothly and i have absolutely no complaints about this hotel. The rooms were beautiful and well equiped with TV, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, ironing board....whatever you need. The beds were so comfortable it was hard to get up! This hotel is perfect for a small group. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a big group. The lobby is a bit small but was perfect for us.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 5 January 2010

I must say, I was very surprised to see such a beautiful, well maintained Hotel so close to Atlantic City, with the most pleasant hotel staff I have ever encountered, for the price I paid. Granted this seems like a fairly new Hotel, but there was not a single glitch I can think of in this hotel. The breakfast area was so clean and well organized (great breakfast options), the interior look of the hotel from the moment you step in, to the room and bathroom, is unbelievably gorgeous. There is a great flow of colors and design throughout the entire hotel, with nothing out of place!

As soon as I walked in, the guy at the front desk, (i think his name was Mohammed), was very nice and accommodating. His greeting was very pleasant and welcoming, but what was even more generous was that he saw how I was struggling with my bags, and helped me carry them to my room! He gave me the 411 on the area and what's around and a very detailed and easy directions to get to Atlantic City. Now if that is not perfect customer service, I don't know what is! Then the next morning, the girl that was there (didn't catch her name), was also very sweet and helpful.

I stayed at many hotels around the country, and this is by far one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. It was a complete package. VERY CLEAN, spacious, comfortable, trendy room with a flat screen TV; a very cool, modern and amazing bathroom; great pool, sauna and gym; great breakfast (they have waffles!); ample parking; reasonable/affordable price; minutes away from Atlantic City; amazing staff/customer service -- this Hotel has it all! I highly recommend to everyone!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 January 2010

I got stuck in Atlantic City due to snow, and stayed at this Clarion for the night. While I was in a terrible mood due to getting stranded, the staff at the hotel helped calm my feelings a bit. They were helpful, and most accomodating. When I learned my flight the next day was delayed, they let me check out of my room around 4:00- well past the standard noon check out. The hotel also includes a decent breakfast, which is a nice touch!

The rooms are IMMACULATE, as are the bathrooms. These almost feel like 4 star rooms!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Westfield, NJ
Reviewed 21 December 2009

I was recently "stranded" in the Atlantic city area due to weather conditions. I found this hotel through and 800# service, and could not have been happier with this choice. I was greated warmly by the staff, and they catered to my every need. It was a treacherous night (a blizzard) and the owner offered to go to my car to retrieve my belongings in the blizzard!
The facility is marvelous, beautiful, and squeaky clean. The furniture and tv are all brand new, and there is internet service for your convenience. The proximity to the AC airport and other stores and restaurants also made it a great pick.
I am a really picky customer, and I cannot find anything here to complain about! :)

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Best Western Garden State Inn
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North? Share your experiences!