“Very Nice Place”

GreenLeadersGold level
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Very Nice Place”
Reviewed 2 September 2010

This hotel was a nice surprise to us. It was very clean, and well kept. The pool was so relaxing, as was the sauna. The staff at the front desk was helpful and very professional. They answered all our questions with ease and knowledge. The continental breakfast was good too. All in all, we would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
MD
Reviewed 30 August 2010

The hotel is in a decent area, and yes, it is 10 minutes away from Atlantic City casinos, but if you add in the traffic time, you'll be spending anywhere from 15 - 30 minutes in your car until you park when traveling back and forth. My husband and I stayed here for our one year anniversary and I thought a nice jacuzzi suite would be romantic, but we were put in the very first room near the lobby. Although not terribly loud, we did pretty much hear everything. I suppose we could have fussed and requested another room, but we just didn't have that kind of energy. The jacuzzi was so so. The room was standard for a hotel chain. Bed was nice. Clean - I def could see how the bedbug thing was an isolated incident. TV didn't have cool movies you could buy. I know they're expensive but my husband and I like to splurge on that kind of thing.

The front doors aren't automatic. You wouldn't think such a simple thing would be so useful in a hotel, but we could barely get in the doors when we arrived with our bags.

The breakfast was so so as well. Kind of in a cramped area. I'm not a morning person so being so close to other people I didn't know in the AM really irked me. But that's just a personal thing. Front desk and staff were very nice. Very happy with that.

We paid $470 dollars to stay in the hotel over a weekend. It was too expensive in my opinion. We could have stayed at a lower end casino or at the Days Inn on the boardwalk for around $500. I'm not unhappy with my stay, but I will not be inclined to stay again with rates so high.

1 Thank jlynn0304
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 August 2010

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was very good with plenty of choices. The pool was very enjoyable, nice and clean. My husband and I decided to get away for a few days and picked this hotel when we got got off the parkway. It was the first hotel we stopped at and asked to see the room before checking in. We knew we didn't need to check out any other hotels in the area, beautiful place to stay. We recently stayed at a Marriott in Mass. and we were very disappointed. I think I will be looking to stay at Clarion hotels in the future. Thank You Clarion for a wonderful stay at your hotel. I will definetly recommend your hotel to anyone who asks me where to stay in the Atlantic City area.

Medford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We stayed in the whirlpool spa for two nights. The whirlpool motor was noisy but the tub was nice and big and relaxing. The room was spacious although the walls were thin and we could hear the office door bang during the first night. After we spoke to the staff, the second night was much quieter.
The indoor pool was really nice. The serve yourself buffet breakfast had a great selection of hard boiled eggs, yogurt, make your own waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, fresh fruit. Delicious.
Discount with AAA made this a very reasonable stay. Lots of restaurant on the main street to choose. Quick drive to Atlantic City, much better than staying in the smoky casino hotels.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Convenient location and great value!!!!! We booked this hotel for a "last minute" trip to Atlantic City. We stayed one night. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Free parking. Pleased with size of room and bathroom. Beds are very comfortable!!! Walls are thin!!!!!
Definitely will stay again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logan, Ohio
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Had to book a room at the last minute and wanted to check in early to get some much needed sleep. The owner and staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. Very clean room, very comfortable. Much nicer than the casino rooms downtown.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
roadmaster728, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North, responded to this review, 10 August 2010
I am thrilled to hear we were able to meet your expectations during your stay at the Clarion. I remember you and your brother on Saturday morning. We enjoyed meeting you and hearing about your trip...it was a good break from a busy morning!

Thank you for all your wonderful feedback on the hotel and my team! I hope you had a safe trip back to Ohio the next day. Please do not hesitate to call us next time you visit Atlantic City.

Kishor Ghelani, General Manager
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Stayed here for a few nights to use it as a base for travelling.
Picked it because of the good value.
On the positive side the room was very large and very comfortable and we didn't experience any of the bug issues I've seen on other reviews.
Breakfast was a little basic (mainly due to my intolerance of plastic plates and cutlery) but more than adequate.
Location isn't terrific but we could walk (yes walk) to a bar and restaurant.

Only downside was on our last day there was a "sweet 16" party in the function room above our room which went on until 930.

This consisted of predominantly bhangra music which literaly shook the walls (don't go there when the little princess is 21).

Despite this, thought it was good value!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BigDraw
roadmaster728, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North, responded to this review, 11 August 2010
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our hotel. We appreciate your review. Our staff is delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North. It is our goal to provide our guest's with a luxurious hotel at a great value.

I must apologize for the noise coming from our ballroom during the sweet sixteen party. We will have to do a better job of not making room assignments near the ballroom during events. There was a lack of communication on our end and we have now put a process in place to ensure this will not happen again. There is no excuse for this and I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to prove this to you.

Best Regards,

Kishor Ghelani
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Garden State Inn
Garden State Inn
#3 of 25 in Absecon
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North? Share your experiences!