See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 May 2015 via mobile

The room was freezing cold and no way to turn on the heat. The tv remote did not work and had to go up to the tv to change channels. Oh by the way it only has one channel. Only one available electrical outlet to charge our phones. The headboard fell off the wall while sleeping.
The room was musty and everything was dirty and old. The wall was made up of cinder blocks. Reminds me of a prison cell with the bars. Do not stay here even if it is free.

Stayed: May 2015
2  Thank PSS2
Reviewed 15 February 2015 via mobile

My husband booked this motel through booking.com and the pictures looked great but upon arrival, it looked more like a place to stay for an hour or so for a deed not worth mentioning. The room was musty and moldy. They had holes patched into the outside walls with foam bedding pieces. When we explained to the owners that we would not be staying there, she continued to yell at us saying, "You signed already; you will be charged." There is a sign that says "No refund once occupied." But there is no way to see the room until you've checked in. We had to call the police to help mitigate the problem and we were told that this motel and the Crescent Motel get a lot of calls from customers who complain about the owners. We were given a police report case in the event that we need to file a claim against them. Another couple had the same problem. I wish I could attach photos on my phone with the mobile site but the pictures they have showing how "nice" their motel looks is nothing like the actual motel. I've stayed at better motels around the world for $80 than this place! Compared to other motels this isn't even worth a penny to stay. You couldn't pay me a million dollars to stay for fear of bed bugs and getting sick due to the musty and moldy smell. Even the police officer wouldn't walk in.

• Stayed: February 2015
4  Thank justdao
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Charged my credit card $218 for $55 room, rats in ceiling, no heat, no internet,DIRTY, rat feces fell into our drinking cups while we were sleeping. Still trying to recoup my money, also got pneumonia from staying here, owners are crooks.Do not stay here,avoid this place at any cost!

Room Tip: no rooms have internet
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank misty g
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This hotel was only $74.95 for the night. 5 minutes from AC. However, the sheets were FITHLY. Full of stains & hairs as if they were never changed. The bathroom was scary. And the bottoms of the chairs were covered in cobwebs because they never got cleaned. never again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Courtney A
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

It was a spur of the moment Atlantic city trip (group of 4) and we were tired to drive back NYC so we wanted an affordable place to stay, so we googled motels near the casinos..The drive was a short distance only a few miles price was $50 for the night. It seemed good, It's one of those you get what you pay for places. Outside looks like one of those movie motels where those that want to hide out & get their hooker or murder someone..No fancy decor, old 50s green rusty looking bathroom. I didn't shower I didn't have time, I woke up at checkout time but I wouldn't have anyway my shower looked dirty and cramped. My friend did she said it was fine. The room had thin cheap blankets (I checked for stains, cigarette burns and bed bugs didn't see any so I was okay to sleep for the most part) TV hard to get working but was able to. The room had a fridge however so that was good...The main complaint all of us had was that it was FREEZING. I was shivering even under the blankets for some time. My boyfriend turned up the thermostat up, it was at it's highest and complained to front desk. They told him no one wants heat during this time and didn't do anything. All four of us were freezing due to the rainy weather. Their customer service not so good. My boyfriend's friend said he was so cold and disgusted he was considering sleeping in the car or driving back home and paying my boyfriend the $ he paid for the room. Eventually with some snuggling I fell asleep but I don't think any of us will return to Taffy Motel again. I know I won't. It was a shame I forgot to take pics but it's one of those places you just want to get out of once you're in.

• Stayed: May 2013