“Just perfect for a quick getaway!”

Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Just perfect for a quick getaway!”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My wife and I insisted on only getting away for an two-night stay on our 5th wedding anniversary down by Cape May, New Jersey.

We got a good price at the last minute (just the night before we left). It was a quick ride off the Garden State Parkway, and, upon our 9 pm arrival that night, we were quickly checked in. The lobby looked clean and inviting, with the lounge room (with had the buffet breakfast in it) just across from the reception desk.

We got just what we wanted (a king sized bed, a nice clean room) and it included a few pleasant surprises: refrigerator, free Wi-Fi for my wireless internet needs. A lovely 18' x 36' indoor pool was in a greenhouse area between the two wings of the hotel, along with a hot tub, and good shower facilities right nearby. A fitness room adjacent to the pool could suit those with a workout in mind, but I didn't use it.

We were asked if we wanted a quieter room (which we accepted), and the nearby traffic didn't bother us, but for the lighter sleeper, the proximity of Atlantic City International Airport may be a problem, and the back of the hotel property is adjacent to the Atlantic City Rail Line, so you may have to pick your room carefully.

The breakfast buffet included not just a "cold bar" (bagels, cereal, fruit-filled breakfast rolls) , but also included egg patties, sausage links, and sausage patties, and a bit of fresh fruit, suiting my palate completely.

We had our anniversary dinner at the Athenian Garden (Greek restaurant) in nearby Galloway. Being only an hour from Cape May, this Holiday Inn Express served us just right. Renovated just in the last year, I would definately recommend this Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OhToBeTraveling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Manalapan, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This is a great place to stay when visiting AC for business. Located seconds from the Garden State Parkway, you are ten minutes from the Convention Center via route 30 and the new tunnel.
Immaculate rooms and free breakfast if you want. As a Priority Club member, the check in was simply welcome, have some bottled water and here are your keys. Seamless and friendly.

Large bath, comfortable bed and clean. Fre parking and safe.

Room Tip: Ask fo a high floor on the inside .
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank 68braveheart
travelerscubed
Reviewed 1 November 2011

My husband, son, and I stayed on Saturday night 10/29 for a concert on Sunday night at House of Blues. It is a 4+ hour drive from home and we did not want to make the drive up and back in the same day. This hotel seemed like a good mixture of not too expensive (AC hotels on Sat nights are $300 and up) and not too far away from AC. We paid about $118 for a 2 Queen bed suite. It was a 15 minute drive to the venue.

We arrived at 11:00pm. There was a winter storm that evening with light snow, sleet, and falling temperatures making the roads dangerous. Our room was ready and exactly as we requested. The check-in person was very polite. He offered us 2 bottles of water (eventhough there were 3 of us). I had to request late check-out as it was not offered. It is generally offered to me as a Platinum member. Normal check-out is 11am - he offered noon. I countered with 2pm (usually standard late check-out). He would not budge past 1pm. I requested and receive a map and additional info for AC and our venue for the next evening.

All rooms in the hotel are non-smoking. There was no smoke odor in our room or any odor for that matter. The room had a "wet-bar" with a small fridge, microwave, sink, coffee maker, and a small counter top. This was nice for storing cold drinks or heating up oatmeal in the microwave. The coffee pot is a one-at-a-time brewer. There was a two person dining table across from the "wet bar". The room also had a sofa bed with coffee table. The bathroom was a good size with plenty of counter space. Amenities included one bottle of shampoo, one bottle of conditioner, and 2 small bars of soap. Enough towels were supplied for the three of us - I use two, myself. The shower/tub was very clean, the water drained just fine, and the water pressure was good enough. The only complaint was that the shower curtain was so short that it kept slipping out of the tub until it was wet enough to stick to the inside. It has one of those rounded rods that allow you more elbow room in the shower. I love that part, just wish the curtain were longer.

The two Q beds were comfortable with clean bedding, 4 pillows per bed with extra sealed blankets and pillows available. The TV was large and worked fine. The desk was functional and the internet was free.

We decided to drive to AC that night just to check out where we were going the next day. Did not get back to the hotel until 3am.

Breakfast, included in the price, was offered from 6:30 - 9:30am. I got up early enough (8:30) to go down and bring back some juice and pasteries for my family. I requested a tray to take back the items to my room but was told that Mgmt frowned on that but most patrons use the tray under their coffee pot or ice bucket. The items looked fresh and were replinished frequently. The staff were very nice in the breakfast room! After trying to balance 3 juices and 2 milks, I resorted to the frowned upon tray. I put all my goodies in the fridge, put out the Do Not Disturb sign, and went back to bed for a few more hours of much needed sleep.

I think I'll start a new trend of only reviewing how hotels handle the Do Not Disturb signs!!
At 10:30am, dispite the DND sign still hanging on my door, housekeeping decided I needed to get up regardless of the sign. She (Olga) knocked for about 1 minute straight. That should wake the dead or irritate the weary! I finally got to the door as she was opening it. "You're still there?" was here question. I went back to bed, too irritated to go back to sleep. I finally went down the hallway to find Olga cleaning another room. When I asked if she knew what the sign meant, she told me that her English was not too good, so I proceded to explain what DND means in Spanish. Then she told me that she knew what it meant and that sometimes people forget to take the sign off when they leave. Maybe the front desk could tell them who is still checked-in or out and what time they are scheduled to leave. Around 12:30, another housekeeping person knocked VERY loudly on our door and wanted to know "Aren't you going to check-out?" I do not think they like late check-outs here and will do everything they can to make sure you are awake and leave so they can get their work done early. We left exactly at 1pm.

I interrupted Stephanie(I believe) at the front desk twice on a personal call with her mother. At my second question, she told mom she would call her back later. I just needed a printout of my bill. So sorry to interrupt.

They have and indoor pool that looks clean, a hot tub which I did not use, and a nice gym with the standard equip which my son used and said was OK.

I would recommend this hotel as long as you do not need to stay past 11am,

Room Tip: For a few dollars over the regular rooms you can set the suite with more room and a sofa bed.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank travelerscubed
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 October 2011

My husband and I chose this hotel as we had travel points. We were staying just one night waiting for our weekly rental in Ocean City. We were very pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the entire hotel and the friendliness of the staff. Breakfast was excellent as well. I would definitley have no problem choosing this hotel again.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and noticed no noise problems
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Abescon after coming from NYC to conduct some business in south Jersey. The hotel is conveniently located a short distance from the Garden State Parkway. There is plenty of parking available in the attached lot. The front desk staff were friendly and accomodating - the first room we were assigned had stomping, jumping children in the room above, and we were promptly switched to another, quieter room. The rooms are large, and extremely clean. Beds are very comfortable. Fast internet service. Many restaurants close to the location, some within walking distance. The complimentary breakfast is quite good - warm cinnamon buns were excellent! I would recommend anyone traveling to the Atlantic City area to stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Central Jersey
Reviewed 4 October 2011

If traveling with 4 people or more its awesome to reserve the junior suite. It's cheap and larger space with a pull out couch/bed, small fridge, small dinner table n sink. It has a fabulous heated indoor pool in the center with a separate hot jacuzzi to relax. Free hot breakfast in the morning as in pancakes and sausages. Awesome place with good service.

Room Tip: Try the junior suite for big family.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Great location, close to Atlantic city. Very clean and affordable. Rooms could be bigger but I still recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Best Western Garden State Inn
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 50 in Atlantic City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 16,191 reviews
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area? Share your experiences!