My wife and I insisted on only getting away for an two-night stay on our 5th wedding anniversary down by Cape May, New Jersey.
We got a good price at the last minute (just the night before we left). It was a quick ride off the Garden State Parkway, and, upon our 9 pm arrival that night, we were quickly checked in. The lobby looked clean and inviting, with the lounge room (with had the buffet breakfast in it) just across from the reception desk.
We got just what we wanted (a king sized bed, a nice clean room) and it included a few pleasant surprises: refrigerator, free Wi-Fi for my wireless internet needs. A lovely 18' x 36' indoor pool was in a greenhouse area between the two wings of the hotel, along with a hot tub, and good shower facilities right nearby. A fitness room adjacent to the pool could suit those with a workout in mind, but I didn't use it.
We were asked if we wanted a quieter room (which we accepted), and the nearby traffic didn't bother us, but for the lighter sleeper, the proximity of Atlantic City International Airport may be a problem, and the back of the hotel property is adjacent to the Atlantic City Rail Line, so you may have to pick your room carefully.
The breakfast buffet included not just a "cold bar" (bagels, cereal, fruit-filled breakfast rolls) , but also included egg patties, sausage links, and sausage patties, and a bit of fresh fruit, suiting my palate completely.
We had our anniversary dinner at the Athenian Garden (Greek restaurant) in nearby Galloway. Being only an hour from Cape May, this Holiday Inn Express served us just right. Renovated just in the last year, I would definately recommend this Holiday Inn Express.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that Atlantic City has to offer at the Holiday Inn Express Absecon-Atlantic City Area. The weather is getting warmer so you'd better get your swimsuit ready! Our Atlantic City hotel is located just outside of town in a quiet and safe area, yet you are only minutes away from all the fun and excitement. Atlantic City has something to offer for all ages. If music, entertainment, and shows bring you to Atlantic City, then The House of Blues is a must for you. The Borgata s Water Club is open and ready to relax your worries away or try Elizabeth s Arden Red Door Spa which is just around the corner. Party the night away at The Pool Night Club, Atlantic City s new hot spot. Other area attractions include gambling, wine tasting, beaches, golf, Stockton College, AC Medical Center and Historic Smithville.The Holiday Inn Express Absecon-Atlantic City Area features newly renovated guest rooms and suites with a modern touch and feel of elegance. Enjoy a romantic evening in one of our fully mirrored Jacuzzi Suites or make yourself at home in our spacious King Executive Suite. The experience of our rooms is comfortable and relaxing with 32 flat panel HD TVs in all rooms! It s New, it s Modern, it s HD and it s all waiting for you at our fabulous hotel. Our Atlantic City hotel is handicap accessible and ADA-approved. Let our friendly staff treat you like family and make your next trip to Atlantic City one you ll never forget! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area Hotel Absecon
- Holiday Inn Absecon
- Absecon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area New Jersey