“Once again -- a class act !”

Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Once again -- a class act !”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I've reviewed this place before, back in November 9, 2011, and I needed a hotel for a couple of nights...

The hotel asked if I wanted to review them, and I figured I'd provide an update here...

True to their past performance, the place was clean, tidy, and well managed. Making an online reservation was easy, and I got just what I wanted -- a king sized bed, and free Wi-Fi for my wireless internet needs.

The indoor pool in a greenhouse area was just as clean and welcoming as ever... I even used the fitness room (adjacent to the pool) this time.

Breakfast was as yummy as ever -- mini egg omlettes, sausage patties and much more. I would still recommend this Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Light sleepers may be put off by its proximity to Atlantic City International Airport and that the b...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank OhToBeTraveling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Claremont, New Hampshire
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We used this as a convenient place to stay while visiting both Atlantic City and Cape May. My children loved the pool. The staff were very friendly. Even though our room was next to the rail line, the noise didn't bother us. If we are in the area again, this will be tops of my list of a place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dnumme
New Jersey
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Even though the manager was too busy to listen to me at check out. He did welcome us earlier. I prefer hotels to motor inns but I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this one. I was going to tell him that this was the first time I booked a suite and it was well worth it. There were three of us and no one wanted to sleep alone in a room or on the sofa as the third person. Our room was huge. As the driver I got the king bed with the wet bar sitting and dining area and full bath and my own tv, They shared the two queen and half bath. The breakfast was everything you would expect on a cruise ship. My first time seeing a pancake robot. The 24hr coffee puts Starbucks to shame tea and hot coco available too. Room 228 was immaculate no rust mold or stain photos. Avoid the side of the building that the train runs by. There is no Atlantic city view from the second floor. There is only one staff person on duty at night. Some times the card key doesn't work. Try sliding it in and out. Take bottle of water with you if you don't trust the tap. There are limited handicapped spaces in the front of the building. We spent an hour trying to find the hotel finally I remembered the gps app on my cell phone and due to there being a cell tower on the hotel property it worked. There is a beautiful gym and pool. there are several lounge areas with flat screens on the first floor. The gift shop is open 24hrs but only has emergency stuff Tylenol, sun screen etc.
There are malls near and I understand the mall Chinese restaurant delivers to the hotel. The staff increases in the morning and all are warm and helpful. We were able to relax and leave refreshed the next day. Three women and two bathrooms you can't beat that. I forgot to ask for a AAA discount but the rate was reasonable for the quality of the product received. I booked with one card but paid with another so hoping there won't be any problem.

Room Tip: expect the air conditioner to hum and the refrigerator as well but that is normal. A train track run...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank travaillour
New York
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Excellent hotel at a reasonable price. Located approximately 15 minutes from the Atlantic City Boardwalk. They have a free bus shuttle service which takes 20 minutes. Taxies are overpriced at $40.

The hotel has a great swimming pool and Jacuzzi. Unfortunately, it closes at 10:00 pm which is way too early.

The room and bathroom are large and very clean. Another plus is the large in-room refrigerator.

The only down side is no balcony and the windows do not open.

All in all, the hotel is very good.

Room Tip: Room location is not important because the hotel is small.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank McTravel55
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently for a conference in the surrounding area of Atlantic City. It was one of the best decisions I made. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, there was a continental breakfast every morning, and the pool was pristine. I definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ttabim
New Jersey
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I've been going to this hotel for years and never had a single problem until this year. It was a billing issue. They billed me for an extra day. When I received my credit card statement I noticed the error. I called the hotel and they refunded the money with in days. With only 1 call. The hotel is very well maintained. Super clean. The only con is the gym is outdated and worn out. Everything that is needed is with in driving distance. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Damien D
Palmerton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We chose this hotel off the cuff of good reviews and price point that fit our budget. We decided to go to AC beach and board walk for a 2 day 1 night stay last minute but didn't want to pay the very high prices of AC casinos and didn't know if that was even where we would end up. We pulled up about 45mins early of check in and were greated with great personalities and smiles at the front desk, we were able to check in early and after looking at the room and deciding the Jr suite we booked wouldn't work for family of 5 we decided to switch to full 2 room suite on a whim, we were shone the room and allowed to switch with no issues. The room was very clean, Atrium pool suited the kids well and was nice and since we actually ended up at OC NJ instead of AC we were still within easy travel to the beach and boardwalk we chose to go to. The breakfast was fine, side doors are always locked make sure to take your key card, check in and out were extremely easy. The hardest thing about this stay was the fact that we were always coming to the hotel on the otherside of a divided highway and had to go up 2 lights to the circle to come back down but don't let change your mind about staying here. If your in town stay here! Great job Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Joe R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area? Share your experiences!