“Love This Place...”

Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel excels in many ways. Every staff member was friendly and helpful during our four night stay, especially John Frances the desk clerk on duty late night, he always greeted us, when we entered the lobby in a pleasant and friendly manner. Public spaces and rooms are perfectly clean and modern. A great place to stay. The warm chocolate chip cookies were an unexpected pleasant surprise at check in.

Kendra and Lou who worked in the breakfast area every morning were very pleasant and greeted everyone who came in, and made sure plenty of fresh food, and beverages were always available on the breakfast bar. they also kept the tables clean as people finished eating.

3 Minor Complaints:
1. Why do they have lemonade in the juice machine? Lemonade is not a breakfast juice, but, it would be OK if it was available all day long. Who drinks lemonade for breakfast anyway? I'd bet they use hardly any lemonade compared to the other juices available. They need to put cranberry juice back in it's place. Most other HI Express hotels where we stay offer at least orange, apple, cranberry juices and more, all offered are at least real breakfast juices, not flavored drinks.

2. We have been using this HI Express for many years, and most of the time they are great, but in this instance I was asked to show my ID and they made a copy of it, which they had never done before. I don't feel this is proper recognition for long time Priority Club members, especially previous guests at this HI Express.

3. When happen to the cinnamon soap that smelled like the shampoo? The new soap has no fragrance.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is a very nice hotel and very nice holiday inn. It is clean. No residual smells. Service is quick, nice, and friendly.

The breakfast is fantastic and the breakfast area is very relaxing. My wife and I like the complimentary breakfast and enjoy that little morning time before going off to AC.

It's a short drive to AC and a nice escape from the rest of AC. But that is also sort of a knock because you can't get drunk or messed up because you still need to drive.

The pool and whirlpool is also very nice. This is actually a fun little area to swim and play in the whirlpool and relax in.

When we do not have comp rooms at the casinos, this is a great place to stay. It's lovely even as a little weekend escape from the city.

I dont know about the other motels along Route 30 in Absecon. There are plenty of them and probably cheaper too. But you will probably get what you pay for.

For a relatively affordable price, this Holiday Inn Express is very very nice and worth it. If you are going to go through all that ruckus at a casino, why not retire at a nice and quiet hotel?

And extras - when you ask for razor and shaving cream, they got it! you wont get THAT at any of the casinos much less the motels!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was at this location for a business meeting. I must mentioned that I did not stay overnight at the property since I simply drove in from Philadelphia. Parking was ample and free. The entrance was clean and it had a warm feeling upon entering the lobby. There was a fellow who greeted me and asked if I was there for the meeting and directed me on where to go. Very friendly thanks! The meeting room was bright, clean and comfortable. The decor seemed well suited for business or social events. Staff came in to refresh things as needed. To get to the meeting room I had to walk by an awesome looking indoor pool that I really would of liked to enjoyed. Fitness room was really nice too and there was someone in there working out. We ordered lunch and enjoyed it in the breakfast room/lobby area where there was plenty of seating for our class. We were very comfortable. All the staff I came in contact with said hello and they were friendly. Certainly should I need lodging I would love to stay especially for that pool! Thank you staff for a successful meeting today! Have a great summer!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Because of changes in everyone's schedule, I needed to change the reservation three times. Dealing directly with the hotel, the staff was extremely patient. They introduced themselves on the phone and told me if there was any problem with the reservation when I arrived, please ask for them.

Maybe because I got the perfect room location (no neighbors), I couldn't have been happier. The room was very clean; everything one would need was available. Even though it was on a busy road, the room was very quiet.

Typical free breakfast, but well managed, so that everything was fresh and warm.

Nice gym with a pool and spa next door.

Room Tip: I had the top floor (3rd), next to the houskeeping storage room. No connecting door.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We had to stay for 9 days and they staff was helpfull and rooms clean. Had an upgrade with mico and ref extra sink and table to eat at. We had good breakfast FREE EVERY MORN. nice pool and excerise room. we will be staying here again when we come to jersey.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nanette M
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel as we attended a wedding in Bradley Beach, NJ. It wasn't a very long drive from there, and we also wanted a hotel which was close to the action.
The hotel is very nice, and very well maintained.
Beds are very comfortable, my wife really enjoyed the bed and she had some back problem at the time we stayed there.
Check in and Check out were smooth. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrisbana
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express while in the area for a business trip. Check-in was a breeze as staff were efficient and friendly. The room was clean and on the far side of the building, away from the main highway which was nice. Loved the convenience of the refrigerator in the room. Would definitely stay in the HI Express - Absecon if I am in the area again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City
Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area? Share your experiences!