“Always Great!”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Philadelphia, Pa.
“Always Great!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We have been coming here for the last four years in August. We have always had a great time. Lots of great restaurants nearby, large, clean pools, modern villas, convenient, beautiful golf course, stores are convenient, pool grill has tasty food, ten minutes from A/C, twenty minutes from Ocean City boards. Can't say enough good comments! Look forward to it every year! Forgot to mention walking trails all over the community.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
2 Thank JOLOPhiladelphia_Pa_

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I had a lukewarm impression of Marriott's Fairway Villas the last time I visited. However, since we found so many positive reviews of the property on Tripadvisor, we decided to give it another try.

I was happy to receive an email from Marriott to get our room preferences several days in advance. I requested a high floor near the Marketplace Express because I didn't want to hear running feet over my head and preferred to be close to the activities and refreshments. When we arrived around 2:30pm, the room wasn't ready which wasn't a problem, because we were early (check-in is 4pm). As we would have done even if the room was ready, we decided to get something to eat and buy some groceries. While we were in the restaurant, we received the call that our room was ready.

Our room preferences were granted exactly. We were placed in the Congressional building on the highest floor as requested. I found that the halls were newly carpeted and the room was completely refurbished. What makes this Fairway Villas unique is that all the rooms are virtually the same. There are no hierarchy of rooms, no one building better than the others. It is just a matter of a guest's floor and view preferences and how far they want to be from the activity center, pool, resort entrance, golf, basketball courts, etc. Marriott really did a nice job with updating the furnishings and wall art. The open space layout comprising the kitchen, dining room and living room really encouraged togetherness amongst our family irregardless of whether one was watching TV, cooking or focused on a mobile device.

There was no shortage of activities to do for our entire family of 7 which ranged in age from 72 to 12. Onsite at the resort, there was a wine and cheese social around the pool area (kids were served soda) complete with great local entertainment, there was a daily grill special with a beverage for only 5 bucks, a state-of-the-art fitness center, arcade games and air hockey, billiards, ping pong, board games, a 1.1 mile nature trail, the Kids Night Out event, arts and crafts, movies and much more. I could've enjoyed just sitting in the shade in one of the rocking chairs in the gazebo for an entire afternoon with a book.

There are many things to do offsite as well. There is dining and a great shopping area in nearby Mays Landing, bicycle riding, casinos and outlet shopping in Atlantic City, an indoor amusement center called iPlay America about an hour away from Fairway Villas. Our most favorite place however was the Cape May County Zoo. It had an abundance of animals complete with a playground, clean restrooms, picnic tables, and scenic landscapes - all for FREE.

Marriott's Fairway Villas felt like a home away from home. The environment was tranquil and family-friendly and the other guests definitely contributed to the good vibe. I regretted going home back to the big city. It was the best vacation I had in years!

Room Tip: If the hotel emails you for your room preferences, respond in a timely manner. Rooms on a high floo...
1 Thank Escalade5
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Fairway Villas, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
thank you for your five-star review! We are so glad your family decided to visit us again and had such a great time. Our team looks forward to seeing you again at Marriott's Fairway Villas!
.Nyc
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Recently returned from Marriot Fairway in Galloway Township, and what a great week it was. I had a 2 bedroom villa that was extremely comfortable. Its a resort that is situated close to areas of activity, including Atlantic City and its Casinos, beaches, the Old Town of Smithville, and Cape May, a locale that takes you back in time to the Victorian ages. Back to the Marriot, for you golfers, the green is beautiful. I had my grand daughter with me, and she enjoyed the kiddie pool, while we adults had our own. There is a Red Door Spa on site where you can be pampered. On Wednesdays, enjoy the beats of the steel drum as an entertainer plays his music. Hugh outdoor gas grills, and grilling areas, benches provided.The staff is friendly and helpful. will definitely return.

Room Tip: They are all good.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I found this property by googling "villas within 100 miles of NYC". Our family of 2 adults and 2 kids ages 6 and 8 had a really good time here. Our villa was flawless -- 3rd floor facing woods and a golf area with 2 beds and 2 baths and a screened porch. Kids enjoyed the kids activities including Kids Night Out on Saturday night, magic show and various activities as early as 8am. The pool is heated, kids are allowed in the jacuzzi, and they have a bunch of toys in a shack that you can play with such as frisbees and wiffle ball and lots of board games. The Sea View hotel next door has a really nice miniature golf course, beach volleyball court, and a 1 mile nature trail. The hotel will drive you over in a golf cart or it is a 5-10 minute walk with a shortcut between the properties. On the grounds is shuffle board, tether ball, horseshoe throwing, corn-bag toss and BBQ areas. We are told they getting ready to construct another pool with a slide, which will be a big hit. The breakfast room there was fine, and dinner in their tavern was excellent, with real home-made desserts. The sandwiches were huge and made for footballers. Our salads and soups were excellent. We were really pleasantly surprised for the two dinners we had there. Mulligans at the pool was very good and they were grilling things at the pool. Concierge was very helpful pre-arrival with ideas of things to do; they have an arrangement with a babysitting agency. The Red Door Spa was fine (although they need to fix up their jacuzzi in the men's section) and the gym was rather good. A few weeks ago we went to Crystal Springs resort in New Jersey and we preferred this much more. Much more relaxing, not so many people around, the food is better, there are much more kids activities, the pool is warm here and no hard times getting tables at the restaurants. We didn't have to run around chasing our kids all the time around the property; we brought a scooter and let our 6 year old go free. It would be great if they had some bicycles around that people could rent or use, especially a few with training wheels. We would also be happier if they kept extra towels at the pool instead of making you depend on towels you bring from your villa. We took Amtrak to Philly and drove here but still hit traffic early Sunday afternoon heading back to Philly; next time I would try driving directly from NYC; mapquest says you can do it in just over 2 hours. We had a nice afternoon at Steel Pier in Atlantic City and the Rainforest Cafe. Next time we would try visiting Ocean City NJ which also has a kid-friendly pier. Checkout here is at 10am; we got an extra hour for free and then another hour for $25 (they had a full house for Sunday night and needed us out by noon) but they allow you to use shower facilities at the spa. Guests and staff were both very friendly here and the kids camp counselors work hard. We'd be very happy to return.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank 649ic
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Fairway Villas, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for sharing your vacation experience. We are happy to hear you and your family enjoyed the many amenities at Marriott’s Fairway Villas including the pool as well as the activities area. We greatly appreciate your comments regarding your experience and we look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here off season in March. It was cold, so we were not able to take advantage of the activities on site (bummer, golf was only $29 18/w cart then!) The rooms had been recently remodeled and they were beautiful. We took my parents, and it was very comfortable for four people. We had a fireplace, screened in back porch, fully equipped stainless steel kitchen and tons of other amenities. We were in a corner unit and it was very quiet. We just happened to be over at the guest area for a welcome night and enjoyed free wine, cheese and live music. We loved our visit and we hope to return! Very close to the casinos and nice restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Our entire stay was...well...odd. The marketing of the hotel led us to believe we would be staying at a golf resort with a high-end feel and matching room decor etc. Instead, the clientele was very much A.C. focused--families, some golf folks, but many people heading to A.C.--and the vibe was very middle of the road, not high-end...definitely not the feel you might have at Hotel Hershey, for example, or another truly luxury resort. Positives: the suites are very large, the kitchens were absolutely immaculate, and the suite's separate laundry area was a nice touch. Negatives: though the bedding was clean ( no stains) there was funny black stuff on it I had to brush off like crumbs at first, and every time after there was maid service (by the way, if you are looking for the Do Not Disturb, it's a magnet on the door). The cleaning staff worked hard, though--that was clear. Our towels and bedding were OK at first, but when changed on day 2, the towels smelled awful (I had left them hanging to NOT be changed, and they were anyway...myself and my child wrapped up in the "new" after showering and found they stunk to high Heaven. Ended up using beach towels I'd packed for another leg of the trip. After I took the trouble to wash our pool towels, which a sign said we had to maintain during our stay, they too were inexplicably switched (even though I'd left them clean and folded). Worst of all, on the last night of our stay, while my suite mate's side was fine, my bedroom developed a bad burning odor (my friend describes it as a carpet with a hot iron on it). They were doing some painting, and they had sprayed for bugs that day downstairs--don't know if either were responsible. When I called the front desk at 9:15 (after 10
minutes of then not picking up) they finally answered and said they could send up an "engineer" to check things out...w/two small kids, that wasn't so practical at bedtime. And frankly, I was surprised that they never once asked if we would like a new room. I ended up leaving with my sleepy kid, after opening a window didn't help (went to stay with family 45 minutes away). My suite mate stayed, only to have cleaning folks pound on the door at 10:30 insisting she'd missed checkout at 10 (we were verbally told more than once by other staff it was 11). She and her very young child were rushed out, and she ended up leaving behind a belonging (and got very little help in retrieving it when she called the hotel multiple times after our stay). Another note: don't let the pics fool you, the kids activity center is small, hard to find, and when we were there, pretty dirty (potting soil from a project the day before spilled all over), dirty tables, etc. The rooms are also very modern in style, unlike the pictures. I really wanted to give this place a great review, but he best summary I can give is to say on paper it looked great, and had some good elements, but too many quirks and misses for me to say honestly that we had a great time. It was like staying at a middle of the road condo complex with mediocre management. Better than most near AC choices for families, but not a place I'd go out of my way to visit again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Aunt P
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Mangaer at Marriott's Fairway Villas, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations during your stay and will share your feedback regarding the towels and unusual smell with management at the resort. We would like to learn more about your issue and invite you to contact our customer care office at Customer.Care@Vacationclub.com or by calling 1-800-860-9384. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you.
staten island, ny
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This was my fifth stay at Marriott Fairway Villas and I'll be back again as soon as I can. The Villas are a perfect vacation spot. The suites have everything you need and are spotless on arrival. The grounds are beautifully maintained. The staff is friendly, helpful and always accommodating. It's my favorite place!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sasisu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Resorts Casino Hotel
Resorts Casino Hotel
#3 of 49 in Atlantic City
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North

Been to Marriott's Fairway Villas? Share your experiences!